Awoo.

Star Wars

From the sound of it, Disney is allowing The Clone Wars team to finish off the series. However, instead of 2-3 more seasons, we'll get 10-20 more episodes (forming arcs) that will wrap up the losse ends. Sort of a truncated seasons 6-8 with only the most crucial stuff, and the filler episodes get the axe.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Oh god those graphics are beautiful. I hope it's real, I'd buy that shit up.

It looks pretty legit to me, and if it means getting us any closer to Battlefront III, I'd buy it.

It looks pretty legit to me, and if it means getting us any closer to Battlefront III, I'd buy it.

I yearn for a Republic or Imperial Commando game with graphics like that, and a good story by the Force Unleashed 1's writers...
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure you guys think I'd react like this:

Surprisingly I'm not all that upset that the show is ending. We've had a lot of good/great episodes, most of the plot lines have been tied up pretty nicely, and the S5 finale works perfectly as a series finale. All in all it went a hell of a lot better than most cancelled television shows *looks at Young Justice*.

Besides maybe now we can FREAKING FINALLY move on from the prequel verse and have a show focusing on the dark times between ROTS and ANH, which is one of the reasons I'm disappointed in the new movie's time period.

Edited by Narraror

For the Clone Wars the least they could of dome was one season (they were already working on it) to tie up all the loose ends. Sorry to be negative but I wouldn't hold my breath on these "Bonus" Episodes. sleep.png

For the Clone Wars the least they could of dome was one season (they were already working on it) to tie up all the loose ends. Sorry to be negative but I wouldn't hold my breath on these "Bonus" Episodes. sleep.png

Well we know that there is one arc that wasn't shown (The Clovis Arc, which was supposed to explain the Cato Nemoidia battle in Sabotage) so I expect that one will air. Plus there aren't even that many loose ends plotwise(character wise may be another story) and the few stories that need to be resolved can alwayse be told through EU media.

The only thing that saddens me about the finale of Season5 of Clone Wars is the fact that Ahsoka has decided to quit and stay away from the Jedi Order.

That's the only little thing that hurts.

Otherwise, I'm more than satisfied that it's been 5 seasons and not more than that. Buying all of those on DVDs is a ton of money, and only a handful of them ever get uploaded on YouTube for free viewing without being taken down for copyright infringements. That's why I'd rather prefer a handful of really good episodes to acquire.

Loose ends:

• Sidious's plans for Maul - Obi-Wan voice actor James Arnold Taylor tweeted this yesterday, so there is hope that this storyline is one of the upcoming story arcs: https://twitter.com/JATactor/status/311330554568118272 

• Boba Fett obtaining Slave 1 and his iconic armor - Daniel Logan (Boba Fett) wrote this yesterday, so again there is hope that he appears in one of the upcoming arcs: "There are still a few epic story arcs of The Clone Wars that will be available this year. It is some of the best work Lucasfilm Animation has produced, so stay tuned. MTFBW!"

• The fate of Captain Rex and Fives - The clip seen in the cancellation announcement shows fives in action and teases a clone malfunctioning and carrying out order 66, this arc will feature Fives and might feature Rex

• More Ahsoka - Voice actor Ashley Eckstein has said she recorded more stuff, but hasn't been in the studio with Anakin voice actor since the season 5 finale material. Might see one more Ahsoka adventure.

Not quite loose ends, but would be nice to see:

• Separatist leaders broken out of prison

• The capture of Palpatine and start of the Battle of Coruscant

• More Can Bane - he has since been in prison, however a Cad Bane statue recently released has this biographical tidbit: "He was a menacing mercenary and a ruthless Bounty Hunter. His notoriety placed him amongst the most vile of villains in the Galaxy, and thus a favorite freelancer of the Empire for many their dirty dealings." - So it is possible that he'll remain in prison for the rest of the series, but will later be featured in post Episode III materials as a rival to Boba Fett and working for Palpatine.

• More Hondo Ohnaka - he has been chilling in his Florrum hideout, and might survive the series - George Lucas has expressed interest in having a Young Han Solo meeting or being influenced by Hando.

• More Mandalore - Not necessary, but would be fun to see Clones vs. Mandalorian soldiers

• More Lux - is a senator for Onderon, but with Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order perhaps the two will hook up? 

I'd imagine that the unaired Clovis arc might explain Boba's situation(or one of the other episodes shown in the S5 trailer), but I thought Ahsoka's character was wrapped up quite nicely. Not sure about Maul though; Sids will probably use him like an Emperor's hand or something similar.

Also Lux can be eaten by a sarlacc for introducing a stupid ***** romance BS.

Series 5 isn't out in the UK yet so I'm really bummed about that. The shows cancellation won't stop it airing though. Green Lantern Animated started last week.

I most curious about Ahsoka will she be killed off or will she survive the Purge? mellow.png

Since she refused to return to the Jedi Order after her trial was finished at the end of Season5, she was no longer considered a Jedi Knight. She surrendered her lightsaber weapon and left to become a civilian in the distance. Therefore, there was no reason for her to be hunted down and killed during the Purge.

Since she refused to return to the Jedi Order after her trial was finished at the end of Season5, she was no longer considered a Jedi Knight. She surrendered her lightsaber weapon and left to become a civilian in the distance. Therefore, there was no reason for her to be hunted down and killed during the Purge.

She could still make a new one and still has force powers so I would so she is still a threat to the Empire.

I doubt that Sids would want any force sensitives who aren't darksiders to be alive. I'd imagine that if she survives the purge Darth Vader could be the one who kills her, unless she manages to stay hidden for 20+ years.

BTW I found a quote on theforce.net forums that I found interesting:

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not saying there will be no more Star Wars tie-in novels, games, and so on. There will be. Lots of them. But the "EU" represented a certain philosophy at Lucasfilm - it was the "Expanded Universe" as opposed to the "core universe" or "canon universe". In other words, the EU was stuff that was officially unofficial, or to use a Biblical term, apocryphal. Lucasfilm would allow it to be created, but when push came to shove would have no problems contradicting it, invalidating it, or just plain throwing it out the window - witness the current kerfuffle over Barriss Offee's actions in the finale of Clone Wars for that. The EU could exist, but it was always a second-class citizen in the Star Wars universe - it could do basically whatever it liked, and the "real" stories of the canon could simply trample it at will.

That's what we've been used to for 35 years, but that way of doing things reflects Lucasfilm's way of doing things - not Disney's. Disney doesn't really do apocryphal/second-class citizen stories in the same way that Lucasfilm does, and certainly hasn't done it in the recent past. Look at how they've handled the Marvel properties they control. Disney doesn't have people out there creating stories* that end up conflicting with what happens in their flagship films**. It all seamlessly integrates together to tell one cohesive whole of a story. That's the way Disney does things - everything out there that ties into those films builds on the core story, adds to it, integrates with it, fills it in, fleshes it out... it complements the whole, and doesn't contradict it. The right hand not only knows what the left hand is doing, it cares what it's doing

The existing EU? I can't imagine so. It likely means that Disney will be keeping a closer eye on any future tie-in fiction, and probably that there'll be less of it/that it'll hew closer to the films being released. There'll be less Old Republic and more Splinter of the Mind's Eye, as it were.

So I guess the new stuff might be canon, though I'd be surprised if the term is used in any official capacity.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt any of the spin-off movies will deviate far from the time the new trilogy will ensconce itself in. It'll be like the Marvel movies - Thor, Captain America etc, getting solo movies, except instead of them all building up to big Avenger-fests, they'll act as bridges between the big films, allowing certain characters and events which aren't central to the main trilogy (but which are nonetheless important to it) to be more properly fleshed out.

At least, that's the hope. The whole Old Republic thing doesn't grab my attention, so I'm hoping it doesn't veer that way.

I found this while looking for footage of the Emperor arriving on the second Death Star for the Pope topic to take the piss but instead I found this. So who wants to bet this was recorded in a basement! tongue.png

Edited by BW199148

She could still make a new one and still has force powers so I would so she is still a threat to the Empire.

I always thought that Ahsoka might feel more inclined to side with the Empire much in the same fashion that Anakin eventually did, rather than becoming a threat to the Empire.

The reason why I think this is because I can recall at least one moment where she complained about the Jedi no longer being the true protectors of the peace which they originally wanted to be.

So figuratively, she already had the seeds of mistrust and doubt planted into her just like Anakin would get happening to him later in Episode3.

Palpatine played his plan well. A little too well.

Edited by 188DarkRevived