Awoo.

Star Wars

Responding to a somewhat old post.

If they aren't gonna be able to get John Williams on board to compose Episode VII (which is unlikely, considering he's in his early 80s), there's one person I want to compose of JW doesn't make it. Michael Giacchino. He's collaborated with Abrams on many of his films, and like Abrams, he knows how to imitate a style if his mind is put to it, while not very Star Wars esque, just listen to this theme from Star Trek '09.

Pure awesome.

Not sure if you knew this or not, but interestingly enough, Michael Giacchino actually did the music for the new version of the Star Tours ride in the Disney Parks. Here's the video talking about it, with a bit of the ride's music in it.

Definitely  sounds similar to John Williams score. If JW is unable to return, then Giacchino would be the perfect man to do the job.

Edited by MAYHEM!
  • Thumbs Up 1

As far as I'm aware, John Williams is up for doing it. The question that everyone is asking is: Will the new trilogy outlive him?

an alien named Han Solo

tumblr_m7eslrteW11rwcc6bo1_400.gif

The FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-?

Thank god that was cut from the script.

• Thumbs Up 3

The FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-?

Thank god that was cut from the script.

Yeah, I discovered a few months ago myself that Han Solo was originally supposed to be of a reptilian species... He could've been either a Rodian who is looking and talking just like Greedo or he could've been a Trandoshan.

And the original Death Star was originally not even supposed to exist. it was supposed to be replaced by the Bespin Cloud City from Episode5.

• Thumbs Up 3

We finally have some good SW related news:

Clone Wars' Dave Filoni Developing New Star Wars Animated Series

It's been a tough couple of weeks for fans of recent or would-be current Star Wars content, as word has spread about the end of many projects. First came the announcement that Star Wars: The Clone Wars was ending. That announcement also included the shelving of Star Wars: Detours, as Lucasfilm appeared to be stopping work on most projects that were being produced before Disney bought them, as the company gears up for Episode VII and many other new Star Wars films.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Question We Need Answered

Then came yesterday's news that LucasArts was shifting to licensed games and that Star Wars: 1313 would likely not be completed, which furthered the feeling that a lot of doors were being shut, even while new ones were opening.

In the midst of this, Lucasfilm has teased that a new Star Wars animated series is in the works, but we also heard about layoffs at Lucasfilm Animation, in the wake of The Clone Wars and Detours ceasing production, while major layoffs occurred yesterday at LucasArts. So would any of the current creators of Star Wars content be involved going forward?

A scene from one of the upcoming Clone Wars storylines:

On the animation side at least, the answer is yes, thankfully. In his first interview since the Clone Wars announcement was made, that show's supervising director, Dave Filoni, spoke to our friends at RebelForceRadio.com for an interview going live on Friday, and reveals that he is staying at Lucasfilm Animation and will be involved with the next Star Wars animated series.

During the interview, Filoni is asked if he’ll continue with Star Wars animation, and replies, “Well, that’s my plan!”

Filoni notes that Star Wars is “obviously important to me and I’ve had a very great time working here. I’ve really helped build the animation division from when I got here and there were only a handful of people.”

Regarding recent events, he remarks, “It’s a function of our industry… It’s not my favorite part. You can luckily grow things and bring on many talented people, but there become times when you have to shrink things as well. We happen to be in one of those times right now, but that just paves the way, hopefully, for new things and new creativity in the future.”

Filoni goes on to explain, “At this point, I am involved in some early production discussions and exploration of what we’ll be doing with Star Wars animation in the future, which is really exciting for me and I have some friendly faces around me, of course, that are helping me on the project. So it’s a transition time, as I’ve said before, and I think it will lead to an exciting time and hopefully I’ll see things grow again.”

Filoni couldn't say much more about it, including what the show will focus on or when we'd see it. But if you're a fan of The Clone Wars, as I am, this is great news. Filoni came to Lucasfilm a huge Star Wars fan and his love for the series is obvious watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which has delivered some terrific Star Wars stories through the years. It's great to learn he will still be able to play in that world moving forward.

And yeah, I'll say it... It also has me hoping that, if this series takes place after The Clone Wars in the timeline, Filoni could use it to at least touch upon plotlines and characters he established in that series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/the-clone-wars-dave-filoni-developing-the-next-star-wars-animated-series

The force is with us it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1

A little off topic but there are so many incredible fan made projects out there and I honestly think that this is amazing.

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

If a new animated series of Star Wars gets made then I just hope that it would be using either the same CGI style which was used in the 2008 version of Clone Wars or some new Disney-type of style instead of that ugly hideous style which was used in the original 2D version of Clone Wars.

That's all that matters to me at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really hope that Episode 7 is on par with the Original Trilogy, although there is this feeling at the back of my mind that it's going to be worse than Attack Of The Clones. I doubt that will be the case but I don't want to be too hyped for the new episode. I know that you guys are going to disagree with me and that's fine, but don't say I'm wrong because we don't know what it's going to be like yet.

That's cool although personally, I've never played the game.

Oh, I popped in Battlefront 2 for the first time in over a year and I played about 4 hours straight without realizing. Very fun game!

Okay, so I've been watching some of J.J Abrams work and I am honestly not very excited for Episode 7. Star Trek is good but Revolution is not too good. I am seriously concerned about the future of Star Wars now. sad.png

Edited by Crash

Abrams is merely Revolution's producer, not directer. And he doesn't have a hand in writing this.

Abrams is merely Revolution's producer, not directer. And he doesn't have a hand in writing this.

Ah, okay. I now have A New Hope!

Yes, I went there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, cool your news is back!

Well, the new trilogy is probably going to outlive him, but if he wants to do it, then he should.

^LOL, that was hilarious. A teaser for "Episode 7: Drama of the Wookie" ? If that would be the plot then I'd be watching it over and over again and not be getting enough. tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray! John Williams is my favourite composer.

Also, anyone watching The Clone Wars Season 5? It's currently on CN UK.

May the 4th be with ya, everyone!

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY
  • Thumbs Up 4

May the 4th be with you everyone.

The free Star Wars comic today is really good. I highly recommend getting it. It's free!

From that link...

A Lucasfilm spokesman just told me that there is nothing he is aware of regarding Mr. Iger and Mr. Lucas at Disney World. In light of that information, it's unlikely that an announcement is coming tonight.

So, nothing at all of interest happened. Wahey!