Awoo.

Star Wars

I don't suppose those are real by any chance?

They're fan posters. They even feature them in the EVII fan poster article on TheForce.Net.

They're fan posters. They even feature them in the EVII fan poster article on TheForce.Net.

This.

They do look pretty damn good though. :)

What the, I downloaded the HD version of this episode from iTunes and that's still hard for me to see. Watching the scene again I did see his eyes change colour, but it looks more like from darker to lighter blue. His anger is noticeable but subtle. It was amazing how much emotion and generally amazing moments they were able to pull off without killing anyone. The Lawless was great but I think The Wrong Jedi may have topped it. These last two arcs really show why this show should be at the top of everyone's lists alongside Breaking Bad, Community, and the like.

I think Barriss' betrayal would have had much more impact had she been in a few more episodes. She was supposed to be a good friend of Ahsoka's yet she only had a major part in the Geonosis arc where they first met. I'm glad they didn't treat the audience like idiots though, since there was no "OMG, Barriss, it was YOU!" moment. Funny thing is I have just as many, if not more questions about Barriss than Ahsoka. Where was Luminara the whole time, was Barriss knighted off-screen? How did she get into the military compound to murder Letta? What was it that triggered this drastic change in her? I wonder if her high intelligence enabled her to foresee the fall of the republic like with Pong Krell. Is she going to be sentenced to death or will something more interesting happen to her? I can't help but think Barriss would have been one of my favourite characters if only she had more screen time before falling to the dark side.

The orchestrated music at the end was amazing. I'm so glad they kept it going through the credits, because the normal credits music would have killed the mood. The composers and animators deserve a medal or something. The whole thing felt like an actual film. One shot that really felt cinematic was when Barriss was pushed against the tree and gasps as leaves fall around her. That whole fight was great. The way Anakin basically drew Barriss out of her shell was an interesting approach. Between Sidious, Maul, Ventress, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Barriss, and Ahsoka, there's been tons of dual wielding action and I love that. Also, I was glad to see the younglings make a cameo. I was hoping that would happen sometime but didn't think it would happen this soon. 

I'm surprised season 6 isn't already a sure thing. I figured The Clone Wars was an obvious money making machine, why would Disney not immediately want it?

Edited by Toothpaste
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think Barriss' betrayal would have had much more impact had she been in a few more episodes. She was supposed to be a good friend of Ahsoka's yet she only had a major part in the Geonosis arc where they first met. I'm glad they didn't treat the audience like idiots though, since there was no "OMG, Barriss, it was YOU!" moment. Funny thing is I have just as many, if not more questions about Barriss than Ahsoka. Where was Luminara the whole time, was Barriss knighted off-screen? How did she get into the military compound to murder Letta? What was it that triggered this drastic change in her? I wonder if her high intelligence enabled her to foresee the fall of the republic like with Pong Krell. Is she going to be sentenced to death or will something more interesting happen to her? I can't help but think Barriss would have been one of my favourite characters if only she had more screen time before falling to the dark side.

I actually think Sids will want to keep her alive. He seems to be really pleased when she rants about how corrupt the Jedi.

That's what I think too. And if that's what happens, more Jedi will probably be inspired to go down the same path. I can imagine things just keep getting darker and darker. It would be jarring if they went back to light hearted episodes again next season. No wonder why we got the youngling and droid arcs instead of Clovis, they wanted to get them out of their system.

Edited by Toothpaste

Who should play Jaina Solo?

Meh. I'm much more curious about who would play Mara Jade and/or Kyle Katarn. I could care less about who plays Jaina Solo.

Meh. I'm much more curious about who would play Mara Jade and/or Kyle Katarn. I could care less about who plays Jaina Solo.

I highly doubt we're even getting EU characters at all, since this is supposed to be an original story and not based off anything in the EU.

Original stories can involve EU characters,. Nobody said anything about not including EU characters, just that it wasn't going to be a story already told.

• Thumbs Up 2

Original stories can involve EU characters,. Nobody said anything about not including EU characters, just that it wasn't going to be a story already told.

Amen. Perhaps the Disney directors really love the characters that were invented by other authors but they would prefer to use them in different stories, just like Archie Comics is using the characters who were invented by Sega and putting them into totally different settings with different events.

Heck, this is exactly how the whole "fanfiction" trend even started. :P

Maybe, but if they're serious about splitting off from the EU in a definitive way, it might be better to just name the characters something else to cut down on confusion when they start doing things/acting in ways completely unlike the books.

It'd also mean we could avoid having to call the characters, say, "EU Jaina" and "Disney Jaina" (or Jacen or whoever; Anakin Solo would be a whole 'nother can of worms), which would be a blessing in and of itself.

Edited by Octarine

But on the plus side, the existence of an "EU Katarn" and a "Disney Katarn" could give people like me something to talk about and post about, instead of being a silent lurker with nothing to discuss. tongue.png

Cause it really feels sad sometimes when I scroll down a forum and see that there's no topics to which I could relate or contribute.

Wasn't Aayla Secura originally an EU character? She didn't have a big role in the prequels or Clone Wars, but I think we may see one or two EU characters in the new trilogy. I just wouldn't count on them having starring roles.

Currently doing a poster series of the six movies, here's my finished one of TPM.

the_phantom_menace_by_ffeelicks-d5x06hk.

I honestly felt like I could've made some changes, but this will do, for now anyway.

I don't understand the love people have for her in that bikini. It just wasn't all that hot to me.

That said, it'll be lovely to have her back on board.

More likely she has been confirmed but they don't want to announce it yet. She'll be involved, no doubt about it,

George Lucas has just confirmed (for all the meaning that word has left) that Hamill, Fisher and Ford will in fact be returning.

Link-me-do.

This is turning into a bit of a clusterfuck. XD

I don't understand the love people have for her in that bikini. It just wasn't all that hot to me.

Same here. Natalie Portman has always seemed more attractive for me than Carrie Fisher ever did, regardless of their ages or their costumes.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ugh! The announcement of Clone Wars being cancelled pisses me off so much.

I am glad that they had the decency to let the crew wind the series down, and finish it off, rather than abruptly halting production. But still, I think they had two great seasons left in them.

And no, I'm not giving Disney a pass for doing shit like this just because they're making the Sequel Trilogy. If Disney wanted my full respect they would have kept Clone Wars going for a few more seasons, release the 3D versions of the PT and OT AND work on the sequel trilogy.

Next on the chopping block? Dark Horse and Del Ray losing the Star Wars license. 

• Thumbs Up 1