Awoo.

Star Wars

John Williams has done most (if not all) of the music thus far, so I expect him to get back in the saddle for the new trilogy. Both the trilogy and spin-offs, however, might benefit from younger blood and a fresh perspective, so perhaps Bear McReary or Thomas Newman could be brought in. Chris Tilton might also be a good choice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngoWsd8PVzY

Considering John Williams is in his 80s right now, the chances of him composing the entire sequel trilogy is pretty slim. I will dearly miss him composing the music if he's not gonna get on board for Episode VII, but I wouldn't mind new composers either.

Well of course if they can convince John to come back, I would love it, but i seriously doubt it. He's pretty much just a Spielberg exclusive composer at this point. But if we get a new composer i seriously hope it's Michael. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great composers out there, but Michael is the only one that managed to capture the Williams feel, which is essential in my opinion.

Edited by pppp

That, if true, would pretty much confirm my suspicions that the films are either set when Han and everyone else are elderly, or that the beginning and end are set then but, as with The Hobbit, the bulk of the story is told through flashbacks, with younger actors taking on key cast roles and whatnot. I hope that they can find good lookalikes if the latter route is chosen, if the rumor is true.

An aging, decrepit Han Solo.

If Han is playing a major role, it likely won't be as much more than a bookend to flashbacks, with a young look-alike playing his younger self. Either that, or the film's protagonists will be the Solo and Skywalker clans' children, and the original cast will play their parents and the action will still probably revolve around the kids.

Old Man Solo... that crabby old guy who claims he once bagged a Princess and a Sith Lord's daughter.

No one believed him of course....

Hmm. The few snippets I have heard about this makes me think that the Star Wars series is going to end up very similar to the Dune series. A kind of "what happened after all these massively world changing events happened" series...

Just to change the subject a bit has anyone played SW: The Old Republic mmo? I've heard the game is meh(downloading it right now just to see), but man it has some nice trailers:

I wish the prequels were done in this style: relatively similar to the originals with added elements.

Haven't played it before, but it looks incredibly boring.

Changing the subject, since we've already praised the originals, and bashed the prequels. Let's talk about the POSITIVE aspects of the prequels for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

I accept your challenge:

- Introduced characters, who weren't that interesting in the films, but were expanded upon pretty well in other media

- Greatly expanded the SW mythos, which let us have games comics tv shows (btw TCW is best SW show)

-Had some nice visual effects overused green screen though

- Lightsaber duels looked cool

- It was nice seeing how the galaxy looked pre-Empire

- Gave us very little insight about how the Jedi were

- Anakin's fall to the dark side, while poorly executed, was pretty tragic providing i look at other media and is a nice parralel to Luke

- Darth Sidious

- Padame was very attractive

I had more, but I can think of them right now.

Edited by #46870891860

I accept your challenge:

- Introduced characters, who weren't that interesting in the films, but were expanded upon pretty well in other media

- Greatly expanded the SW mythos, which let us have games comics tv shows (btw TCW is best SW show)

-Had some nice visual effects overused green screen though

- Lightsaber duels looked cool

- It was nice seeing how the galaxy looked pre-Empire

- Gave us very little insight about how the Jedi were

- Anakin's fall to the dark side, while poorly executed, was pretty tragic providing i look at other media and is a nice parralel to Luke

- Darth Sidious

- Padame was very attractive

I had more, but I can think of them right now.

You forgot one vital thing. The music. If I could put one thing from the PT above the originals, it'd be the score by John Williams. The Phantom Menace probably has my favorite score in the saga, next to Empire Strikes Back. It has so many great songs such as Duel Of The Fates (duh), The Arrivla At Tatooine and The Flag Parade, The Trip To Naboo, Augies' Municipal Band And End Title, and The Droid Invasion theme. AOTC has the weakest out of the entire saga, but Across The Stars is probably one of the best pieces of music John Williams has ever done. Ever. ROTS has some great tracks, such as Star Wars & The Revenge Of The Sith, Another Happy Landing, The March On The Jedi Temple, Padme's Ruminations, Anakin v.s. Obi-Wan, The Immolation Scene, and A New Hope and End Credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbWR23NNCMs

Just.... 

<3

Edited by George Lucas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Luke, wielding a baguette. Or a really long cotton candy stick.

George Lucas, everybody!

It's an obvious printing error, but I highly doubt it was done by Lucas.

George Lucas, everybody!

Looks more like a corn dog to be frank.

George Lucas, everybody!

To me it looks more like Luke just hit a homerun with a baseball bat. But perhaps that's only my eyes teasing me.