Awoo.

Star Wars

If they aren't gonna be able to get John Williams on board to compose Episode VII (which is unlikely, considering he's in his early 80s), there's one person I want to compose of JW doesn't make it. Michael Giacchino. He's collaborated with Abrams on many of his films, and like Abrams, he knows how to imitate a style if his mind is put to it, while not very Star Wars esque, just listen to this theme from Star Trek '09.

Pure awesome.

I was a huge star wars nut until a few years ago. I don't know why I got out of Star Wars exactly, maybe because the canon was a bit too convaluted( The clone wars contradicts the comics and previous animated series in so many ways.) However, with the announcement of J.J Abrams directing Episode 7, I have faith that the film will restore my love for the the franchise, and make me began a Star Wars nut once again.

Disney has confirmed that spin-off films will be released based on certain Star Wars characters. www.deadline.com/2013/02/disney-to-release-additional-films-based-on-star-wars-characters/ ... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Disney has confirmed that spin-off films will be released based on certain Star Wars characters. www.deadline.com/2013/02/disney-to-release-additional-films-based-on-star-wars-characters/ ... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't know what to think about this. I still like the idea of a well budgeted and written TV Seires that focuses on side Characters. Rather than movies of average quality about individual characters. mellow.png

Quality not Quantity.  

I don't know what to think about this. I still like the idea of a well budgeted and written TV Seires that focuses on side Characters. Rather than movies of average quality about individual characters. mellow.png

Quality not Quantity.  

Can't argue with that, honestly. But this can only mean one thing.

We'll finally be able to see that Boba Fett film Joe Johnston has been speaking of after finishing Captain America.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm personally a bit mixed on this. On the one hand this could allow for some much needed character development, but on the other said characters could be utterly butchered ala prequel films. I'd rather have a tv series like Clone Wars to flesh out characters.

Speaking of TCW Ign has an interview up with one of the show's writers:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/star-wars-the-clone-wars-dave-filoni-talks-about-the-death-watchdarth-maul-arc-and-the-casualties-along-the-way

I particularly liked this excerpt:

IGN: And what was it like saying goodbye to Savage? Of all

the characters that died in this arc, this was kind of the biggie in

many ways, including media presence, the big entrance he got and his

ongoing threat… So what was decision like that this would be the end of

such an important character?

Filoni: I think the moment that Maul came back to

life it actually put Savage in jeopardy. You’ve got two brute force

death dealers, and we’ve gone a long way to show that Maul was more

dimensional than that. At the same time, Savage is not around later on

-- Maul’s not around [either], but we wanted to deal with him. We felt

very strongly as a writing group… It’s one of those things where you sit

around the table and everybody just agrees that if Sidious shows up and

confronts these two guys, people aren’t leaving the room. That just

doesn’t happen. You don’t have the main villain from the series show up

and people just run away and escape. Luke pays a penalty when he finally

faces Darth Vader and loses his arm. Well, we’ve already cut one of his

arms off, poor Savage. So it kind of goes: fight, arm, escape, death --

or you become redeemed, I guess. In a way, what you see at the end is

some level of redemption for Savage because he is transported and

transformed back into who he was in the original arc, if you look

closely. The model of Savage, his face, is actually not steroided out,

giant, I-work-out-a-ton Savage Frankenstein. It’s the more average-sized

man. The line, “I’m not like you, brother. I never was,” it works on

several levels for me, which is first and foremost that he isn’t a

trained Sith. He isn’t that super evil. He’s got barely any training

from Dooku. He’s kind of more magically imbued by Mother Talzin than

anything else, which is evidenced when he dies. So it’s kind of an

admission by us, the writing staff, that when we wrote Savage originally

it was for lack of having Darth Maul, and now we have Darth Maul. So

“I’m not like you, brother. I never was.” He passes on.

I thought, also, it gives us this evidence of Maul not shedding all lack

of care either, because you see him affected by the death of his

brother. It seems to matter to him, and it seems to register. Sam

[Witwer] and I came up with this really good thing -- and this is where

Sam is just brilliant to have on your acting team -- Sam wanted to start

out by calling Savage “brother,” then transition into calling him

“apprentice” this season. And he doesn’t really refer to him as

“brother” again until right before he dies. You see Maul trying to shed

that humanity by depersonalizing his brother, but he couldn’t even do

it. There are elements of all those things at play. I’m sure if you ask

Sam about it, he can go on at an essay level about all of that. You can

talk to Sam about anything. He elaborates brilliantly about it.

A spin-off film or show focused on an Imperial fleet commander, his top brass and/or a small selection of their men could be pretty awesome, and hell, it might even redeem those infamously inaccurate StormTroopers.

The trailer for the season finale is now up:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/08/star-wars-clone-wars-season-5-finale-trailer

I love how many references to ROTS this arc looks like it'll have:

Phase III Storm/Clone trooper armor.

The acolytes first appearance.

Tarkin returns and is apparently in a commanding post.

That shot at 0:27. Could they reference the empire even less subtly?

We get to see the public's opinion sway against the Jedi, which we were told (not shown) in the prequels

Admiral Yularen has aged quite a bit:

486110_566104390084023_1073525479_n.png

That's all I can think of for now. I'm glad that S5 has picked up quite a bit since 'that' arc.

Watched the new episode of TCW today, it was pretty cool. An admittedly slow start to the Ahsoka arc, can't wait to see what else is in store.

Edited by George Lucas

theforce.net/latestnews/story/Disney_CEO_Confirms_Standalone_SW_Films_150115.asp

Disney CEO Bob Iger has confirmed the making of two Star Wars spin-off films to be released after Episode VII, with writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg working on them.

Edited by George Lucas

Kinberg I'm rather 'meh' over, he's okay but not great. Kasdan though, oh hell yeah. Got some quality writers in for these films, which should ensure that story and dialogue-wise they uphold the series' original quality levels.

Kinberg I'm rather 'meh' over, he's okay but not great. Kasdan though, oh hell yeah. Got some quality writers in for these films, which should ensure that story and dialogue-wise they uphold the series' original quality levels.
Get Joss Whedon for a Han Solo film, and we've got something awesome on our hands.

Get Joss Whedon for a Han Solo film, and we've got something awesome on our hands.

While that's a great idea, without Harrison Ford I just can't see a Han Solo film working. Unless, they make one where he is younger and just beginning his bounty hunting days and this could also show how he builds up debts with characters later on.

• Thumbs Up 1

While that's a great idea, without Harrison Ford I just can't see a Han Solo film working. Unless, they make one where he is younger and just beginning his bounty hunting days and this could also show how he builds up debts with characters later on.

Han Solo was a Smuggler, Gun for Hire  and a Gambler (which is how he got into Debt with Jabba I think). I don't think he was a Bounty Hunter.smile.png

EDIT: Just realized that Han Solo and Chewbacca are in debt with Jabba The Hut having Lost some Valuable Cargo during a botched Smuggling Operation and that Han is actually pretty good at gambling because that is how he won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian. 

Edited by BW199148

Question to ask, have any of you seen any of the two LEGO Star Wars shorts, The Padawan Menace & The Empire Strikes Out?

I've seen Empire Strikes Out. I thought it was pretty funny.

There's a new Yoda one coming this year.

Every Star Wars fan should watch this:

Eh, I'm not fond of it, don't get me wrong it's great but I'm not very keen on the song.

I just noticed something: If J.J Abrams is directing episode VII you can bet he'll get his best friend Michael Giacchino to do the music. I've always said he is the new John Williams and now he has a fantastic chance to prove it. Just check this out:

He captured John Williams style so well. Also let's not forget his masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh7kVYYBNyk

Perfect musical storytelling.

Any Star Wars veteran knows that the music is extremely important. Even the prequels had fantastic music(John Williams was the only one that actually tried with thosesleep.png ). I believe that Michael will be able to continue where John left off and give us a great score. Thoughts?

Edited by pppp

John Williams has done most (if not all) of the music thus far, so I expect him to get back in the saddle for the new trilogy. Both the trilogy and spin-offs, however, might benefit from younger blood and a fresh perspective, so perhaps Bear McReary or Thomas Newman could be brought in. Chris Tilton might also be a good choice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngoWsd8PVzY