Awoo.

Star Wars

The Ahsoka arc is getting pretty interesting now. There's been lots of references to the movies lately and another one to add to the list is Mace Windu not trusting Anakin will do what needs to be done to hunt down his padawan. Asajj Ventress has become so much more interesting after Dooku betrayed her, and it looks like she didn't bomb the temple or murder Letta after all. As much as I don't want it to be, I think the culprit is Barriss. The person fighting Ahsoka at the end looked a lot like her. I just don't get how she suddenly got so powerful and why she would fall to the dark side, right now it makes even less sense than Pre Vizsla beating Savage so easily in the last arc. Hopefully the finale gives some answers, but I can imagine it leaving us on a cliffhanger. The only other thing I can think of is that the scheme goes all the way up to Sidious and Maul, with Barriss being yet another pawn.

Also, it was funny how they tiptoed around level 1313. They went to 1312 and 1315, but not 1313? What's the point of that? Oh, and Cin Drallig's appearance last week was nice. I'd love it if Rahm Kota got a storyline next season.

Edited by Toothpaste
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Ahsoka arc is getting pretty interesting now. There's been lots of references to the movies lately and another one to add to the list is Mace Windu not trusting Anakin will do what needs to be done to hunt down his padawan. Asajj Ventress has become so much more interesting after Dooku betrayed her, and it looks like she didn't bomb the temple or murder Letta after all. As much as I don't want it to be, I think the culprit is Barriss. The person fighting Ahsoka at the end looked a lot like her. I just don't get how she suddenly got so powerful and why she would fall to the dark side, right now it makes even less sense than Pre Vizsla beating Savage so easily in the last arc. Hopefully the finale gives some answers, but I can imagine it leaving us on a cliffhanger. The only other thing I can think of is that the scheme goes all the way up to Sidious and Maul, with Barriss being yet another pawn.

Also, it was funny how they tiptoed around level 1313. They went to 1312 and 1315, but not 1313? What's the point of that? Oh, and Cin Drallig's appearance last week was nice. I'd love it if Rahm Kota got a storyline next season.

I really hope it's not Barris. One because it contradicts her EU story(but what doesn't these days?) and two because from what we've seen of her throughout the series she never gave off the impression of being evil. If she turns out to be the culprit it'll be such an asspull evenmorethanDarthMaulcomingbacklololol. I'd much rather it be Palpatine responsible since he does want the public to turn against the Jedi.

Is it me, or is the Jedi Council Forums one of the few places on the internet where you're not beaten senseless for liking the prequels?

What? A place on the internet where the prequels can be discussed positively without Nerd Rage?!

qm.gif3pprh0.jpg

qm.gif

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 4

While that's a great idea, without Harrison Ford I just can't see a Han Solo film working. Unless, they make one where he is younger and just beginning his bounty hunting days and this could also show how he builds up debts with characters later on.

Indiana Jones is as, if not more, iconic than Han Solo and people accepted a young version of him in Last Crusade as well as the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

I think if the casting is dead on, it can work.

Is it me, or is the Jedi Council Forums one of the few places on the internet where you're not beaten senseless for liking the prequels?

Pretty much. I love the Jedi Council forums (my username is Darth Harmon). I find that they appreciate all the good that can be found in the PT, which the casual movie fans ignore or pretend doesn't exist because it's cool to hate. I mean, to me, the PT is brilliant for its mirroring of the OT saga. While the cast isn't as strong as the OT, there are some standouts. Like Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Dooku and even Anakin at times.

The way I see it, this forum is one of the few places you can discuss the redeeming points of some of the more maligned Sonic games. I love it. Same goes for the Jedi Council forums.
Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I probably hate the prequels the most out of anyone here, but I don't see why anyone would dislike someone for liking a movie you hate.

BTW the JCF is awesome. Just made an account there myself.

Hooray it's the completely stupid, but predictable culprit for the whole arc!

149z6s9.png Gotta love character and continuity butchery right guys!

tumblr_m3a7f8rr2t1qarqrxo1_500.gif

I'm starting to worry that all these old cast members wanting back in could result in Episode VII being more of an "original trilogy cast fuck yeah" circlejerk than a new entry in its own right.

Not that I don't want the original cast back, of course I do, but it needs young blood, and I'd like to start hearing about younger actors who might be cast.

• Thumbs Up 3

Tim Curry can be heard here as the new Palpatine:

He sounds so...different. Not sure if I like this new approach. And things are looking really bad for Ahsoka. Saturday can't come soon enough.

I'm starting to worry that all these old cast members wanting back in could result in Episode VII being more of an "original trilogy cast fuck yeah" circlejerk than a new entry in its own right.

Not that I don't want the original cast back, of course I do, but it needs young blood, and I'd like to start hearing about younger actors who might be cast.

I'll admit, i don't want any of the old cast back. I'd rather it just be a completely new trilogy. Mark Hamill can't act very well and would probably bring the entire movie down with him. The only person i wouldn't mind being involved would be Harrison Ford, even then it would have to be done properly.

I'll admit, i don't want any of the old cast back. I'd rather it just be a completely new trilogy. Mark Hamill can't act very well and would probably bring the entire movie down with him. The only person i wouldn't mind being involved would be Harrison Ford, even then it would have to be done properly.

You serious right? The only reason why Mark Hamill seems like a bad actor is because he is been some terrible films but if people give him the opportunity he can really shine like in Batman: The Animated Series. smile.png  

Tim Curry can be heard here as the new Palpatine:

He sounds so...different. Not sure if I like this new approach. And things are looking really bad for Ahsoka. Saturday can't come soon enough.

I think he sounded all right it is different but I found it wasn't too Tim Curry actually. If you said that was somebody else you would of fooled me.

• Thumbs Up 1

My bet's on the older cast members making solid appearances, more than just cameos but not to the point where they fill the leading roles (for example, I can see Han, Chewy and Lando taking the Falcon into battle again), while younger actors and actresses fill the leading roles (presumably the Solo children, for example), have some great fights, get some good character development going and hopefully deliver some great performances of their own.

Also,

tumblr_mau3snKUSM1qzeqsso1_400.jpg

Who should play Jaina Solo?

You serious right? The only reason why Mark Hamill seems like a bad actor is because he is been some terrible films but if people give him the opportunity he can really shine like in Batman: The Animated Series. smile.png  

Not really, some of his acting in the star Wars films is cringeworthy. The rest of the cast were fantastic but he really wasn't that great, he was extremely lucky to get the part of Luke Skywalker. Don't get me wrong, i've got nothing against the guy, i'm sure he's a nice bloke but i'd rather he wasn't involved.

He also acted in those films like 35 years ago when he was just getting his start in the industry, haha. I dunno, if he's passionate about acting in Star Wars again I think he'd do a great job. His work as The Joker is can only be described as legendary.

Edited by Strong Bad
  • Thumbs Up 2

He also acted in those films like 35 years ago when he was just getting his start in the industry, haha. I dunno, if he's passionate about acting in Star Wars again I think he'd do a great job. His work as The Joker is can only be described as legendary.

That is true i guess, i really don't see how the new movies can have the old jedi involved anyway without them getting involved in some sort of fight unless they are killed off early on. It's just a shame Yoda can't be involved!

Anakin was awesome in general in this arc, but particularly the finale. I loved how Darth Vader-y he is when he confronts Ventress, however in the Barris duel you can see how he's restraining himself and only gives in to the dark side at the end. Also his reaction when Ahsoka was declared guilty by the JC was excellent. Almost like he would attack them if the guards hadn't stopped him.

• Thumbs Up 1