Awoo.

Metroid: Other M

SuperStingray

I've been pronouncing Zebus wrong all these years :o I thought it was Zeebis/Z-bis

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good lord, the whining on that page. I'm not normally one to have a problem with anyone's criticism of a game, but one screenshot out of forty featuring Samus in the Zero Suit should not be sending people into a frothing rage about how Samus is being over-sexualized.

The screenshots themselves are really nice, though, even if they don't show us anything completely new. The art style, and the enemy design in particular, is still impressing me quite a lot... everything just feels so much like classic Metroid. I love the Prime games to death, but none of them managed to capture the Metroid aesthetic this well.

I'm starting to particularly like the barren-ish "outdoor" area. It reminds me somewhat of Bryyo, but it's also got a sort of western flavour to it, which is reasonably new for the series. The ice and magma areas also look good, but they're less exciting since we've seen those level cliches so many times now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good lord, the whining on that page. I'm not normally one to have a problem with anyone's criticism of a game, but one screenshot out of forty featuring Samus in the Zero Suit should not be sending people into a frothing rage about how Samus is being over-sexualized.

Samus's black swimsuit from Super Metroid is far more revealing that this modern day "zero suit" crap. (I miss that swimsuit) And people seem to forget that the Metroid series has always backed the idea of playing the game "better" in order to get Samus to take off more clothes, like a game of strip poker. I mean really.

Samus's black swimsuit from Super Metroid is far more revealing that this modern day "zero suit" crap. (I miss that swimsuit) And people seem to forget that the Metroid series has always backed the idea of playing the game "better" in order to get Samus to take off more clothes, like a game of strip poker. I mean really.

Not to mention Fusion. And Zero Mission. And Return of Samus. And the first Metroid.

It's not really reserved, just a different type of sexism. Instead of having her jumping around in bikinis playing volleyball they're focusing on her 'feminity' and her maternal instinct, because she is a woman and isn't allowed to be a general scifi badass like Marcus Fenix or Master Chief because she has a womb and a vagina and needs to be defined as a character by them.

Yes, Samus is not allowed to be badass. It's not like she regularly destroys armies of Space Pirates and monsters on her own and has repeatedly escaped exploding planets. Not badass at all.

Comments like these would make sense if they didn't almost completely ignore the rest of the series, and the rest of Other: M as well.

Edited by Ekaje

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_CZqO5Z5uxU

I present to you, the US commercial for Other M in all its glory! Makes me want to go back and watch the US Prime ad again.

You sir have just earned 100,000 awesome points for posting that (Although I can only give you one =P ). I really love that music in the beginning of that trailer as well.

Edited by Jetronic

That commercial was......beautiful ;_;...

Beat the shit out of Halo: Reach's one. No argument.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. Arriving at the bottle ship

2. Into the Biosphere

3. Feeling the Cold

4. Blast near the Liquid hot magma

And now for something people might be unamused about

qwzn9u.jpg

Apparently this is the Gravity Suit we are getting for other M o=

http://www.nintendo....vol2/index.html

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

How can people say that Samus is one of the least sexualised females in gaming? Seriously, lol wut. As someone has already pointed out, the whole incentive of finishing the original game in a faster time was to see Samus wearing less and less clothes.

And then along came the highly sexualised Zero Suit Samus in Brawl.

And now we have a sexualised Samus in a game by Team Ninja, who are renowned for JIGGLE PHYSICS.

Why are people surprised?

qwzn9u.jpg

Ooh, neat glow. Some kind of new powerup?

Apparently this is the Gravity Suit we are getting for other M o=

Hype = Gone

EDIT: reading the interview, they didn't make it a proper gravity suit because they liked the varia colors more.

I can't even defend that in any way at all.

I feel betrayed.

I trusted you, nintendo.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why are those ball things on her shoulders so small?

Edited by MarcelloF

The Gravity Suit thing is very poor, I loved the colours on it. Oh well.

The rest of the game looks epic though.

Am I the only one who thought, "meh, so what if it's not the original Gravity Suit design"? I'm not really impressed or upset at all, really.

You're fucking kidding.

So no alternate suits for Samus? Her Gravity Suit always looked awesome though :|

And being stuck with that crappy glow for a large portion of the game is just plain tacky.

Seriously, consistency fail. =_=

EDIT: reading the interview, they didn't make it a proper gravity suit because they liked the varia colors more.

That's the worst justification I've ever heard.

"SEGA: In Sonic Colors, when Sonic goes Super, unlike in previous games, he will not turn yellow. Instead, he will gain a yellow glow, because we like blue better."

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 2

qwzn9u.jpg

Samus11.jpg

First thing that came to mind.

It kinda stinks that the gravity suit doesn't have it's normal color scheme, but the bigger issue is that awful glow. It's not the type of thing I want to stare at for a long time so I hope there is another suit after the gravity suit that looks less gaudy.