Awoo.

Metroid: Other M

SuperStingray

Bad controls? IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER STILL.

No Gravity Suit? BLASPHEMY.

No but really I love purple. Fuck orange.

• Thumbs Up 1

Game! Decide whether you want to impress me or scare me away!

...really, though. I'm not the biggest fan of the Gravity Suit's colour scheme, but the suit upgrades' visual changes make them some of the most fun items to collect in any Metroid game. A purple glow, Other M? I'm disappoint.

Bad controls? IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER STILL.

No Gravity Suit? BLASPHEMY.

This isn't something they designed the game around from the beginning. They came to the Gravity Suit (i think after they already had the purple one in, google translate sucks) and decided to make it glow because they didn't like the colors.

It's pure and utter bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

This isn't something they designed the game around from the beginning.
Yeah, it's a small, almost irrelevant decision. Which means it's barely worth being bothered by. Whereas making a terrible decision from the start and insisting on sticking to it is worth being bothered by.

I generally prefer Varia to Gravity anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, it's a small, almost irrelevant decision. Which means it's barely worth being bothered by. Whereas making a terrible decision from the start and insisting on sticking to it is worth being bothered by.

Honestly I'm mostly just making a fuss for fuss' sake. But it's still a pretty fucked up reason.

Am I the only one who thought, "meh, so what if it's not the original Gravity Suit design"? I'm not really impressed or upset at all, really.

Really, I'm not bothered by it that much, at most I think it's a bit silly. I just found their justification for it humorous.

EDIT: Thinking about it though, will that aura be there the whole time? Say, during cutscenes? Because it'd be funny if Samus and the Federation troopers were just talking while she's giving off this bright, purple glow the whole time.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 2

Really, I'm not bothered by it that much, at most I think it's a bit silly. I just found their justification for it humorous.

EDIT: Thinking about it though, will that aura be there the whole time? Say, during cutscenes? Because it'd be funny if Samus and the Federation troopers were just talking while she's giving off this bright, purple glow the whole time.

XD

"Oh Hai guys"

*Everyone stares as Samus glows without a care in the world*

Anyway how could this video have escaped our eyes o=

Highlights:

5:58 - Metroid Zero Mission Styled Bomb Jumping

7:06 - "Sense Move" aka Samus Dodging enemy attacks, which is done by tapping any direction on the D-pad right before an attack touches you.

7:58 - "Concentration" , a move that refills Samusl Missle supply, done by Holding the Wii remote vertically and then hitting A and holding it

9:52 - POWER BOMB, and HOLY HELL is it epic

Edited by Jetronic

My god, the beginning cutscene is awesome. I don't think you can make it any more epic, the Baby Metroid cried for gods sake. I almost cried.

Also, apparently the controls are really responsive and feel good according to that guy.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth

Argh, not going to watch that video. I want to experience it myself.

Also Gravity Suit is going to be the new green eyes.

Argh, not going to watch that video. I want to experience it myself.

The difference is that this will affect Samus' whole suit, and not just a small portion of her face.

Also it's a new change, unlike green eyes which have been around longer than they haven't.

And you just don't change the Gravity Suit. Not when it's my favorite fucking colors.

Yo, come on man.

Let's not get back to the whole green eyes ordeal. That just isn't worth it when someone ends up finding some way of making that sound offensive and really drag the whole debate off topic on that.

Although, I will say that the purple aura seems a bit of a lazy way of making the gravity suit. To me, it just seems as tho they didn't want to bother with changing the colors in anyway.

Not that it'll impact the way I play the game in anyway, but it is something that just doesn't seem right with me from the way the developers explained why the neglected to change the color, but no big deal right? or no?

Yeah I was wondering about that too, that's why I think it's so tacky.

Seriously I'm pretty annoyed by both things. I love my canon and continuity garbage, especially in a franchise as plot orientated as Metroid.

I can definitely see where Nathan's coming from since he's a big Metroid fan.

(But at the same time I can see where Diogenes is coming from, if you stuck by the game so loyally through all the doubt and are put off by something like this? '~')

Something tells me that the Gravity Suit was always supposed to look that way but couldn't be realized on the technology that the series was founded on. As for Prime, Retro Studios most likely went with what they were familiar with instead of changing how a suit appears.

Something tells me that the Gravity Suit was always supposed to look that way but couldn't be realized on the technology that the series was founded on. As for Prime, Retro Studios most likely went with what they were familiar with instead of changing how a suit appears.

I dunno I find that kinda ridiculous :| the GBA wasn't in desperate needs of palette swaps like the SNES perhaps was, "auras" would be completely possible on Fusion, yet Samus has multiple suits anyway.

EDIT: Not to mention Sakomoto did offer a lot of creative direction on the Prime project.

Edited by SuperLink

I just don't like the idea of a glowing Samus. Feels like it makes the suit a magical thing instead of advanced technology IMO. I also wish her suit would go on similar to the way Iron Man puts his on instead of magically appearing from thin air.

Something like this would be cool IMO.

4423969389_3235e95465_o.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I just don't like the idea of a glowing Samus. Feels like it makes the suit a magical thing instead of advanced technology IMO. I also wish her suit would go on similar to the way Iron Man puts his on instead of magically appearing from thin air.

Something like this would be cool IMO.

4423969389_3235e95465_o.gif

Yeah that would be pretty cool.

Her suit is fine tuned for her specifically, and Chozo technology once reached a point that bordered on real magic.

So I guess according to the Metroid universe, technology, when it's really advanced, becomes almost like magic.

I'm not saying I dig the aura, it looks out of place, but it could explain why her suit materialises around her.

if you stuck by the game so loyally through all the doubt and are put off by something like this? '~'

I've already said I was mostly just being a drama queen about shit for the hell of it.

But at the same time

why.

why would they do this.

And Samus' armor has alway materialized around her since the very beginning, it's just what it does at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't this the same developer who, in their own games, offer so many alternative costumes for everyone that getting them all usually requires the same level of dedication of your average Pokemon game? Am I missing something here, because I can't see what the big deal is.

Isn't this the same developer who, in their own games, offer so many alternative costumes for everyone that getting them all usually requires the same level of dedication of your average Pokemon game? Am I missing something here, because I can't see what the big deal is.

Uh

What does that have to do with the Gravity Suit at all. It's not an alternate costume, it's a power up that changes Samus armor purple permanently. There's nothing alternate about it.

I wasn't saying that the gravity suit was an alternate costume. I was asking why there is suddenly such a crazy amount of bitching over something so trivial when the game will probably have alternate costumes anyways.

Edited by Tornado

Alternate costumes do not change the fact that they fucked up the gravity suit.

Normally I'd be fine with a change but GOD THEY MADE IT SO UGLY.

Edited by Nathan Farnsworth