Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

2 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

In the Archie Sonic comics, what is the deal with Monkey Khan's cloud, exactly? I mean, I get that he's a cyborg and has weird powers, but how does being a cyborg give you the ability to conjure up a cloud-like object that can support your weight and fly without any clearly visible means of propulsion? I mean, anything is possible in a series with as many weird things as Sonic, but I still wonder how it works, or what inspired Robotnik to include that feature as opposed to, I don't know, a jet pack or something. Has there ever been any attempt of an explanation or elaboration? It just kinda feels like it only exists to rip-off make a reference to Dragon Ball.

Maybe it's made out of nanites? Wait, can he even control them?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

In the Archie Sonic comics, what is the deal with Monkey Khan's cloud, exactly? I mean, I get that he's a cyborg and has weird powers, but how does being a cyborg give you the ability to conjure up a cloud-like object that can support your weight and fly without any clearly visible means of propulsion? I mean, anything is possible in a series with as many weird things as Sonic, but I still wonder how it works, or what inspired Robotnik to include that feature as opposed to, I don't know, a jet pack or something. Has there ever been any attempt of an explanation or elaboration? It just kinda feels like it only exists to rip-off make a reference to Dragon Ball.

Goku

3 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Why doesn't Black Doom have legs? Even as Devil Doom he has no legs? Did they just say "screw it, we can't come up with a leg design!" then decide to leave him without legs? Did they make his legs really tiny? (Shoot! I can't get the image out of my head!) It's been bugging me for years.

Because his design was based on Wizeman (NiGHTS into Dreams).

nfeZCZa.jpg?1

How's the planet where Sonic lives called? (Not the one from the American licensed fanfiction comics. The one from the games)

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Stardust said:

How's the planet where Sonic lives called? (Not the one from the American licensed fanfiction comics. The one from the games)

Ohhh good grief, this one's a doozy xD

I'm sure other people would be better at explaining it than I, but here goes. For a long time, it's seemed to simply be this: according to the Western manuals and all Western adaptations (not just the American comics), Sonic and friends lived on a planet called Mobius, whereas in Japan no such name existed, so it could be assumed that Sonic & co. live on a version of Earth. Then, when the modern era came around, the name "Mobius" disappeared from the manuals, so that apparently the fact that the games take place on earth became established as canon everywhere. So basically, in the Western classic "take" on Sonic, he lives on Mobius, while in the Japanese classic and modern "take" on Sonic, he lives on a version of Earth clearly very different from our own, but still "Earth" (a common trope in media, if you think about it).

That's how it seemed, anyway, but recently we learned that apparently Sonic Team's technical manuals state that the world where Sonic lives and Earth are two separate planets, just like in Sonic X. No, there's no explanation of this in the games ever, nothing that even alludes to the fact that Sonic makes an intergalactic journey every time the setting of the games changes from "realistic" to "cartoony", but apparently, this is the way it is. I guess we're not supposed to wonder about things like why the Mystic Ruins are apparently on Earth or how Angel Island apparently goes between the two planets or why a lot of stuff on Earth is related to the Chaos Emeralds (e.g. the Gaia Temples) despite those presumably coming from Sonic's world. What's arguably even worse, though, is the name of Sonic's world. It's "Sonic's World". No, I'm not even joking. That's apparently why Eggman awkwardly referred to the planet where he lives as being "Sonic's World" in Sonic Colors.

tl;dr Sonic Team is stupid sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 3

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:19 PM, sansy said:

That's how I see it, now if you were to ask me how SILVER can use Chaos Control then I have no clue.

Well, for starters, he's a male hedgehog who's name starts with an "S", like Sonic and Shadow.

Silver also has a super form like Sonic and Shadow when he transforms with the Chaos Emeralds.

I don't get it. What's the deal with the killer whale making recurring appearances in Sonic games?

I just realised Charmy has four legs? limbs instead of six.

The only reason i can think of is that it's a sound design choice.

Has it ever been confirmed what the name of the sequestered island that Tails first discovered in Skypatrol is?

Just now, sansy said:

I think it was called Cocoa Island or something.

Wrong Tails spin-off, that was Tails' homeland in Tails Adventure ;)

I don't imagine that it has a name, but all I know is that it's not mentioned in any wiki's that I've read.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, sansy said:

I think it was called Cocoa Island or something.

That's Tails Adventure.

lol Wow, it goes to show how much I don't care that much about Skypatrol.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I don't imagine that it has a name, but all I know is that it's not mentioned in any wiki's that I've read.

I'm hoping that Ian Flynn will give that island a name in the Archie comics soon. It feels like a waste to not give a name of the island that the main setting of Skypatrol took place at.

Why does Eggman need to use animals to power his robots? Why not use common power sources, like batteries or solar pannels?

Maybe using the animals give a much more lengthy power boost since batteries can drain fast and solar panels only works during sunlight.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 05/19/16 at 6:44 PM, caseykz said:

I just realised Charmy has four legs? limbs instead of six.

The only reason i can think of is that it's a sound design choice.

With Sonic characters having pretty big hands, it may not work or look exactly cute on a small character like Charmy Bee. It'd look right on an insect character who's an...insect with a longer torso.

4 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

I'm hoping that Ian Flynn will give that island a name in the Archie comics soon. It feels like a waste to not give a name of the island that the main setting of Skypatrol took place at.

Given how one of the levels has the same name as a Heroes level, I'd imagine Ian would incorporate the island into that, somehow. That's kind of his schtick.

• Thumbs Up 1

1. did they ever acknowledge the series's individual games as a whole take place in its own universe without even following another game's continuity? ala the godzilla movie series. or final fantasy.

Edited by Tara
The second one contained potentailly NSFW imagery. ~Tara

22 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

Why do egg pawns simply dance/sit around until you stand idle for like 4 seconds 

Their prime directive is to dance, Robotnik is if nothing else a lover of the arts and wants his robots to be the best. It's just that they have to be deployed to do some murder every now and then, and Robotnik hasn't the time to reprogram them when his nemesis is running towards him at 200mph. 

50 minutes ago, reflection_of said:

Who is that one robot in Robotniks base in Sonic Adventure? 

Which robot are you talking about in what base?

The Final Egg base or the Egg Carrier?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you mean this one?

270?cb=20130711144219

The answer to your question is quite simply "we don't know". A robot with this design has never appeared before nor since in any Sonic game. It's possible that he might be a modernized version of one of the Mecha Sonics (either from Sonic 2, the one commonly known as Silver Sonic, or Sonic 3), but his design isn't really especially close to either of them, so who knows?

The Archie Sonic comics did give him a name (Silver Sonic 2.0) and a role.

Though I was hopefully able to guess right this time, in general being specific will get you better answers!