Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

It's not meant to be anything specific. We don't see every moment of these characters' lives; there can be any number of adventures we haven't seen and that didn't have any effect on the status quo. Pre-Unleashed is just one of those kinds of adventures, which happens to end by kicking off a more significant adventure.

Did Tails actually "lose it" like Knuckles said? Wait the hell are Classic Knuckles and Classic Tails doing during Forces? Did they just leave after the ending of Mania? Also, where the hell is Infinite during the ending of Forces?! 

Does Metal Sonic exist in the 06 universe? 

Is it weird that I've always though that Knuckles is like 1,500 years old or something, and by some magic, he outlived the rest of his species? That just always seemed like a rational explanation as to why he's the last of his race...

8 hours ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Is it weird that I've always though that Knuckles is like 1,500 years old or something, and by some magic, he outlived the rest of his species? That just always seemed like a rational explanation as to why he's the last of his race...

Fleetway Knuckles actually was thousands of years old. He was put in suspended animation but lost his memory when he finally awoke. 

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

Fleetway Knuckles actually was thousands of years old. He was put in suspended animation but lost his memory when he finally awoke. 

I was aware, but I dunno... Is that where I got it from? I dunno... I might've gotten it just as an accidental headcanon whilst playing S3K...

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I've just bloody thought, what if Zachary was also put into suspended animation explaining his presence? What if there are other echidnas in suspended animation hidden deep in the floating island somewhere? 

Just now, A crocodile said:

I've just bloody thought, what if Zachary was also put into suspended animation explaining his presence? What if there are other echidnas in suspended animation hidden deep in the floating island somewhere? 

I have to check again, but I recall reading some of Kitching's unused ideas and storylines for StC, and one of them was something like Zachary coming back and reviving a bunch of echidna criminals hidden in the Floating Island. 

• Promotion 1

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

I have to check again, but I recall reading some of Kitching's unused ideas and storylines for StC, and one of them was something like Zachary coming back and reviving a bunch of echidna criminals hidden in the Floating Island. 

Wow, so Kitching and I came to the same conclusion with this. Good. 

That's actually really interesting, I can't believe it took me this long just to think of this as a reason why Zachary exists. There could have been a whole system of suspended echidnas and Knuckles and Zachary for some reason were the only ones who rose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, A crocodile said:

Wow, so Kitching and I came to the same conclusion with this. Good. 

That's actually really interesting, I can't believe it took me this long just to think of this as a reason why Zachary exists. There could have been a whole system of suspended echidnas and Knuckles and Zachary for some reason were the only ones who rose. 

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. 

Here's where he mentioned it, by the way: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sonicthecomic/conversations/topics/3622

Then I had some idea that Doctor Zachary had been on the Island all this
time and we'd have to come up with some stuff about how he was coping.

Speaking of Zacahary I had some vague idea that he knew about a bunch of
other Echidnas that were still held in suspended animation deep within the
Island somewhere. I thought that maybe these were all criminals and Zachary
planned to revive them and take over the Island. Maybe it would be better if
only some of them were baddies though. Maybe one of them is Tikal - this
would be a handier way of getting her into the series than all that time
travel stuff. Tikal would be a useful character in that she would know more
about Echidna history than Knuckles. She still wouldn't know about the
eventual fate of the Echidnas - what she would know would depend on just
when she was frozen. It might be many years after Knuckles was done and for
quite different reasons. She could be an old woman even. Probably best if
she isn't though.

• Promotion 1

5 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. 

Here's where he mentioned it, by the way: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sonicthecomic/conversations/topics/3622

Hide contents

Then I had some idea that Doctor Zachary had been on the Island all this
time and we'd have to come up with some stuff about how he was coping.

Speaking of Zacahary I had some vague idea that he knew about a bunch of
other Echidnas that were still held in suspended animation deep within the
Island somewhere. I thought that maybe these were all criminals and Zachary
planned to revive them and take over the Island. Maybe it would be better if
only some of them were baddies though. Maybe one of them is Tikal - this
would be a handier way of getting her into the series than all that time
travel stuff. Tikal would be a useful character in that she would know more
about Echidna history than Knuckles. She still wouldn't know about the
eventual fate of the Echidnas - what she would know would depend on just
when she was frozen. It might be many years after Knuckles was done and for
quite different reasons. She could be an old woman even. Probably best if
she isn't though.

Interesting how he thinks most of them as criminals. Maybe the rest of the echidnas escaped Mobius (as Knuckles references early in StC as them "coming down from the stars") and left some on Mobius as some sort of penal colony thing? They were put into suspended animation as some sort of vain hope of echidnas surviving on Mobius even if they were the riff raff. 

Maybe Knuckles ends up doing something bad that makes him seen as a criminal and so is left with the rest of the criminals. Now I'm really spitballing though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, A crocodile said:

Interesting how he thinks most of them as criminals. Maybe the rest of the echidnas escaped Mobius (as Knuckles references early in StC as them "coming down from the stars") and left some on Mobius as some sort of penal colony thing? They were put into suspended animation as some sort of vain hope of echidnas surviving on Mobius even if they were the riff raff. 

Maybe Knuckles ends up doing something bad that makes him seen as a criminal and left with the rest of the criminals. Now I'm really spitballing now though. 

He actually brings up his ideas for the fate of the echidnas after the Drakon war. 

After a suitable period of time I'm sure I would have gone back to finishing
off the story of the Echidna/Drakon war. I think I would have had Sonic go
back into the past but to a time well after the period where the first story
took place. Pachamacomaamcc would have been long dead and Tikal nowhere to
be seen. But by this point she would have been introduced into the cast and
she would be travelling into the past along with Sonic. In this story one of
the key scenes would be the time that the Floating Island rose up into the
sky for the first time. This whole plot is pretty complicated and I'm not
sure quite what I would do. We'd need to see Knuckles put into suspended
animation I guess but I'm not sure I ever quite worked out the eventual fate
of the Echidnas. Obviously they prevented the Drakons getting away with the
Chaos energy - at least in its stable form (being contained in the Chaos
Emeralds). But it's obvious they lost the war. I had in mind at one point
that the Echidnas were basically enslaved by the Drakons. In this way the
race still exists but it is spread across the galaxy. 

It's a bit sad, really. Knuckles has spent his whole life waiting for his people to return, but they never will after being scattered across the galaxy for millenia. 

Dunno about Knuckles being a criminal. He might've just been the best candidate to watch over the Emeralds. 

• Promotion 1

10 hours ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

What adventure comes before Sonic Unleashed?

Probably Adventure 3. We'll never play it, but take heed in the fact that it happened.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Probably Adventure 3. We'll never play it, but take heed in the fact that it happened.

So Sonic Unleashed itself? Or Sonic 06?

Why, in Sonic 3 or S&K standalone, does the player have to do 8 special stages as Knuckles in order to go super with him?

Why is Sally Acorn so over-sexualized?

Why? Her old design was pretty tame, but look at her new one... At least Rouge has a reason.

I feel like you can make an argument that her old design was the more sexualized one since her chest was exposed (even though her nipples were hidden behind fur).

You think her new design is over-sexualised? Because I've seen waaaay more sexually provocative fanart of her old design than her new one.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Why? Her old design was pretty tame, but look at her new one... At least Rouge has a reason.

Her new one ? Sexualised ?

latest?cb=20150605063829

On 02/01/2018 at 1:14 AM, Harkofthewaa said:

Why, in Sonic 3 or S&K standalone, does the player have to do 8 special stages as Knuckles in order to go super with him?

I'm not sure how he can go super in the first place, it's 7 special stages by the way.

32 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I feel like you can make an argument that her old design was the more sexualized one since her chest was exposed (even though her nipples were hidden behind fur).

In her new one, she has breasts and thicker thighs. Am I just hallucinating?

2 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

she has breasts

So did her old design. In fact, some artists of the pre SGW comics really sexualized her.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So did her old design. In fact, some artists of the pre SGW comics really sexualized her.

Really? Was it in the early 2000s? I kinda stopped reading them then, but I picked it back up a little later. Could you provide an example?

(Sorry I put a lot of images, should I fold under spoilers to shorten it?)

39 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Why is Sally Acorn so over-sexualized?

3 minutes ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

In her new one, she has breasts and thicker thighs. Am I just hallucinating?

Her old design was one of those standard furry anthro female design. She had a more humane proportion and size compared with the round Sonic: hourglass figure with thick thighs,  and individually drawn breasts. Didn't help she was nude, it brought more people to emphasize her body lines and all that. You can just google "Sally Acorn comic" and look. The recent/close to reboot ones were better, but still felt out of place in Sonic.

latest?cb=20090811052452xefuwgkugantwy3al1dr.jpglatest?cb=20150906184159

The current one is more Sonic-y, which (coupled with the mandate/SEGA's eye) limits sexualization. Note she has a more slimmer thighs and less (emphasis on) hips.

latest?cb=2014042202281929bcf2f98ed7c04ca3c4365df0e7da8d.png

Of course the artists still manage to draw her...differently:

32 minutes ago, Adamis said:

latest?cb=20150605063829

which I believe is because they had trouble applying (sexy) human pose to Sonic characters or because of her outfit. I always feel her proportion is different than the game Sonic characters. (seriously, did they have to draw her butt? reminds me of one of those ridiculous female poses in superhero comics).

Basically it's more of the artist's fault than her design.

Why was Knuckles in a cage at the end of Triple Trouble? Even as a kid I didn't get it, but I loved that part. "Sorry, Sonic, but our echidna is in another level!" - me circa 2010

3 hours ago, TheBlueGuardian said:

I'm not sure how he can go super in the first place, it's 7 special stages by the way.

No, he definitely can go super in Sonic 3 OR Sonic and Knuckles, the devs just decided to make you do 8 special stages instead of 7.

Here's a map of S&K's 8th stage if you don't believe me:

8th stage.png