Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Except Sonic entered Final Egg because he saw Eggman retreating there, so it does not make much sense in regards to time considering Tails and Eggy both went to the Mystic Ruins immediately after the Egg Walker boss, so either Tails is one slow fox compared to Eggman, gave autographs to everyone in Station Square before leaving or Sonic stormed Final Egg in like two minutes.

28 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Except Sonic entered Final Egg because he saw Eggman retreating there, so it does not make much sense in regards to time considering Tails and Eggy both went to the Mystic Ruins immediately after the Egg Walker boss, so either Tails is one slow fox compared to Eggman, gave autographs to everyone in Station Square before leaving or Sonic stormed Final Egg in like two minutes.

You're right in the first half of the first sentence but wait a minute. If you remember correctly, Tails flew Amy to safety on Sonic's request, all the way to Station Square. Then Sonic fights Chaos 6 until Knuckles shows up while Eggman escapes. Sonic jumped off the Eggcarrier to chase Eggman and landed in the Mystic Ruins. Note at this point, it was day time. Sonic saw the Echidna temple crumbling and followed Tikal's spirit into it. Afterwards, Tikal takes Sonic to the past for another vision. Sonic returns to Mystic Ruins in the afternoon, implying a lot of time has passed since he entered the temple, which is also the second longest stage in the game. While it was night time during the Speed Highway stage and Eggwalker fight, different time zones could explain why it was the afternoon when Eggman fled to his base. In the time between Sonic going through Lost World and the past, Eggman could have escaped to Station Square to fulfill his weekly quota of terrorist activities. While Sonic's stage surfing and going on a vision quest, Tails had all the time in the world to race and beat Eggman. Afterwards, Eggman retreated to Mystic Ruins where Sonic spotted him, leading him to do his hero thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem I have with that theory is that Sonic's and especially Tails' ending indicate both of them arrived and met around the same time at the Mystic Ruins, directly after their confrontation with Eggman.

Of course, when 70% of a character's story revolves around him imagining to act as the main hero (and even admitting it in his theme songs), Tails might have really spent a few hours in his workshop while Sonic dealt with his true bff instead of "Sonic was long waiting for me when I returned from my heroic deeds".

1 minute ago, LukA8 said:

The problem I have with that theory is that Sonic's and especially Tails' ending indicate both of them arrived and met around the same time at the Mystic Ruins, directly after their confrontation with Eggman.

Of course, when 70% of a character's story revolves around him imagining to act as the main hero (and even admitting it in his theme songs), Tails might have really spent a few hours in his workshop while Sonic spent some time with his true bff instead of "Sonic was long waiting for me when I returned from my heroic deeds".

After the cutscenes taking place after the boss battles, it cuts to black and shows both of them outside Tails' workshop. Since the last time we see Mystic Ruins was the late afternoon, the fact their ending cutscenes take place in the morning pretty much says that they met around the next day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is the sound mixing in SA2 so dreadful? Robotnik is pretty much inaudible throughout the entire game, as are Knuckles and Shadow in a few of their scenes. Is it because they were aware of the timing errors in the dub and tried to mask them by blasting the music?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 22/12/2015 at 8:00 PM, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Odds are someone's already posted this in the thread before at some point, but why are there lights spelling "CPU and "Cope" in Scrap Brain Zone? I honestly have no idea whatsoever. The "Cope" one is especially odd.

Mainly just developers putting cool engrish words into the background.  CPU is obviously a reference to, well, CPUs.  From googling, apparently COPE could be an acronym for a palette programming dealie, or it could literally just be an engrishy choice of word to encourage the player to keep going.

On 30/01/2016 at 10:52 PM, Failinhearts said:

I've always wondered if the Orbot from Colors is the same character as the "Ergo" robot from Unleashed but got a couple upgrades. Probably not, and I'm probably looking too deep into things, but the fact that both robots have not a lot of respect for the Doc makes me question this.

Canonically, I imagine the developers consider him the same character, they just didn't give him a spoken name until they decided to make him re-occuring, which also tied in with re-designing him to better fit in as part of a duo act with Cubot.  You can either see his redesign as a canon one that was done by Eggman himself, or as a meta one, like how Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are just artistic redesigns, not an actual canon change in Sonic's appearance. 

On 22/03/2016 at 4:21 PM, LukA8 said:

After Tails flies off, he immediately lands up above at the train station and has to sit there for a few hours.

What, how many high speed train services do you hear of that go to remote locations in the middle of the night? =B

6 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

Why is the sound mixing in SA2 so dreadful? Robotnik is pretty much inaudible throughout the entire game, as are Knuckles and Shadow in a few of their scenes. Is it because they were aware of the timing errors in the dub and tried to mask them by blasting the music?

To be honest I recall the Japanese voiceover not being that much clearer anyway, but likely it's a case of the english dialogue being recorded and then just dropped into the game where the Japanese dialogue triggers to play without much care or attention to the context with which they play.  They weren't gonna call the voice artists back in, nor program a second set of audio triggers for when the game is set to English, so they just made do with what they had.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who's side is Omochao on? He helps both heroes and villains.

Why does the Lost Hex have a place made of licorice?

Whatever happened to the Zeti?

1 hour ago, The Very First Miru to Me said:

While Omochao is advanced enough to have a personality, he is not advanced enough to have any sort of morality.  That's if we even consider his in-gameplay appearances to be canon rather than a gameplay element like boosters and rings etc.

Boring answer - the devs didn't care and just wanted to make zany levels.  Reaching headcanon - it was an area designed by Eggman before the Zeti's betrayal since he does like his bombastically themed bases.

Until further notice we can assume they decided conquering Earth wasn't worth it and they'd be bigger than Eggman, who foolishly tries time and time again.  Or they canonically all died in lava pits, whichever floats your boat.

These are all just headcanon answers of course, none of these have confirmed canon answers.

I wonder how Cream can fly. Is she a mutation like Tails or does every Rabbit can fly with their ears (inducing her mom)?

And before you say  "Sonic friends have powers, she's nothing special", most Sonic friends have either some excuse for their powers (Knuckles and Blaze are guardians, Silver is from the future, etc) or their "powers" aren't unnatural (chameleon can turn invisible, bat can fly, Amy own a hammer). Cream is the odd one... well, her and Sonic. But he's the special one.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I wonder how Cream can fly. Is she a mutation like Tails or does every Rabbit can fly with their ears (inducing her mom)?

And before you say  "Sonic friends have powers, she's nothing special", most Sonic friends have either some excuse for their powers (Knuckles and Blaze are guardians, Silver is from the future, etc) or their "powers" aren't unnatural (chameleon can turn invisible, bat can fly, Amy own a hammer). Cream is the odd one... well, her and Sonic. But he's the special one.

My headcanon theory: Cream's ears are much larger than normal for a Lop-Eared Rabbit, although it's not a mutation (I think). Rather, it's something she inherited from her biological father, whom I headcanon theorize is a Hare, a species that are closely related to rabbits but are distinct in certain ways, one of those "ways" being much larger ears. So yeah, I think Cream has "hare sized" ears and due to her "lop-eared" nature, she's able to use them to fly (whereas hares can't because their ears stand firmly up and other lops can't because their too small).

Although, now that I think about it, this only makes sense in the cases where Cream's ears are depicted as truly big, as I know in certain stuff (such as the Olympic Games series) Cream's ears don't even reach past her shoulders. But that's my take on it.

23 hours ago, The Very First Miru to Me said:

1. Omochao just helps whoever. But it's seriously doubtful he's malicious. Neutral seems like the way to go.

HEADCANON: Omochao helps both sides because he wants to see them fighting to the best of their abilities like the sadist he is. FUCK, that's brilliant. Time to write some fanfiction.

2. I mean, one section is literally made of candy so...

3. They all died.

16 hours ago, Lime/Key/Parvati-Pai said:

Will Eggman's mustache ever be used as a weapon?

Don't be a fool. Eggman's mustache can slice steel bars in two like butter.

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Could be:

a. A mutation like you said. Which is further supported by the fact that Vanilla doesn't seem to be able to fly.

b. It could just be a rabbit thing since hello, Sonic's friends are freaky deaky. And Vanilla just chooses not to.

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But that could actually be the explanation. Amy's hammer is magic which is the opposite of natural and Sonic's fast just because. Cream is no different than any of Sonic's friends. She just has big ol' ears that can propel her through the sky.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it stated canon in the games that Tails' tails are a mutation? I think Archie came up with that explanation.

I wouldn't read too much into trying to explain why characters have powers. Why can Vector breathe fire? :P

As for the Omochao thing, maybe Omochao isn't/aren't really (a) fully sentient being(s) capable of making his own decisions. Maybe he's just programmed to dispense help to whoever comes across him.

• Thumbs Up 1

What would you get if you combined Tikal and Iblis? Who were the previous three Great Civilizations? Were there more after the fourth? How do the Storybooks work? 

8 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Is it stated canon in the games that Tails' tails are a mutation? I think Archie came up with that explanation.

I wouldn't read too much into trying to explain why characters have powers. Why can Vector breathe fire? :P

Spicy chili?

2 hours ago, The Very First Miru to Me said:

What would you get if you combined Tikal and Iblis?

Tiklis, good of tickling. That or echidna burned by fire monster.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

15 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

It's implied that it's a mutation since having one tail is the norm for foxes.

I wanna know, what's the difference between the cannon in Unleashed that Eggman and used and the ARK's cannon? And a follow up question if Eggman ever fired the ARK's cannnon with all 7 emeralds, would it also wake up Light Gaia and it's dark counterpart?

4 hours ago, Joellui said:

I wanna know, what's the difference between the cannon in Unleashed that Eggman and used and the ARK's cannon? And a follow up question if Eggman ever fired the ARK's cannnon with all 7 emeralds, would it also wake up Light Gaia and it's dark counterpart?

The Unleashed cannon only turned Earth into a jigsaw puzzle while unleashing Dark Gai. The Eclipse Cannon just blows shit up. If he fired the Eclipse Cannon with all seven Emeralds then it's bye-bye Earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Azul said:

The Unleashed cannon only turned Earth into a jigsaw puzzle while unleashing Dark Gai. The Eclipse Cannon just blows shit up. If he fired the Eclipse Cannon with all seven Emeralds then it's bye-bye Earth.

Then that in turn also kill Dark Gaia and Chip as well?

4 minutes ago, Joellui said:

There's no real way to answer this question canonically. I guess the two can be thought of as symbolizing Earth (since they're called "Gaia" and all), so maybe it makes sense for them to cease to exist if the earth does. Of course, I've only played a bit of Unleashed so I'm hardly an expert.

1 minute ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

There's no real way to answer this question canonically. I guess the two can be thought of as symbolizing Earth (since they're called "Gaia" and all), so maybe it makes sense for them to cease to exist if the earth does. Of course, I've only played a bit of Unleashed so I'm hardly an expert.

I guess since, Gaia is commonly referred as Earth, since no Earth would equal no Light or Dark Gaia. Always thought of the question since i always wondered why didn't Eggman just use the ARK's cannon instead. 

I think Eggman's greatest desire is to rule the world, not utterly obliterate it.

4 hours ago, Joellui said:

And anybody else on the planet.

Aha, I guess you're right, but another question that I have in mind is, did Tikal and Chaos ever go back in to the Master Emerald at the end of SA? And if they didn't is that the reason why we don't see them after Knuckles smashed it into pieces in SA2? I had always wondered about that even as a child, when I had played these games. 

And please don't say it's because the writers didn't them to be in the game besides multiplayer characters.

I don't think there's any canonical proof in the games universe that they returned to the Master Emerald. It probably makes more sense to say they ascended to the afterlife or something. I personally like to think they still have a powerful link to the Master Emerald that they can make use of if need be, they're just no longer imprisoned within it.

• Thumbs Up 1