Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Yeah, I love Sonic Generations as an actual game, but good god is the story such a lazy mess. 

The Classic and Modern characters meeting up with each other and having the past counterparts not forget this presents a load of unspoken problems within itself. It really bothers me now that I think about it. Small design changes were probably made by characters like Eggman due to simply meeting his future self, which kind of takes away his own originality. I like to view him as a stylish bastard that likes to change up his own wardrobe on occassion rather than copy someone he meets just by knowing it will be him one day.

Then of course there's the issue of Classic Eggman being stranded in White Space at the end with no explanation as to how he gets out afterwards. Yeah, you can go back to the ass-pull door explanation I mentioned, but now that he remembers the events of what transpired, wouldn't that create a split timeline where he stops all his failures from ever happening?

Gah, it would have been far less problematic properly placing Generations in the canon if the two Eggmen weren't stranded in White Space and there would be an explanation that the classic characters don't remember any of the game's events. But maybe I'm looking too deep into this, it's just that time travel relating to memories and somehow not causing split timelines really bothers me.

Yeah, the story was rather lacking indeed but what do you do when you got 2 guys writing the story not knowing the series' history, you will expect a poor story from Pontac and Graff since they don't know anything about Sonic but back then we didn't know until Roger Welde, of all people, giving us this shocking news!

But yeah, it would've been better if those events never happened. It would've been very funny if they made a joke about 06 when that happened though.

But yeah, it would've been better if those events never happened. It would've been very funny if they made a joke about 06 when that happened though.

I don't feel like delving into some of the undeserved Pontac/Graff hate at the moment, but your insight on 06 reminds on one of BrainscratchComms' jibes. Something along the lines of saving Elise from being frozen in time, but then proceeding to re-freeze her out of 06 hatred. That shit would've been hilarious and the best middle finger to 06 Sonic Team's writers could have pulled off XD, just so we know that they truly feel our pain.

I don't feel like delving into some of the undeserved Pontac/Graff hate at the moment, but your insight on 06 reminds on one of BrainscratchComms' jibes. Something along the lines of saving Elise from being frozen in time, but then proceeding to re-freeze her out of 06 hatred. That shit would've been hilarious and the best middle finger to 06 Sonic Team's writers could have pulled off XD, just so we know that they truly feel our pain.

But that would've been rather cruel now would it? I mean yeah, I don't like Elise as a character as well but that's just unnecessarily mean. Probably something like M. Sonic going "Here we go again." when time resets itself.

But that would've been rather cruel now would it? I mean yeah, I don't like Elise as a character as well but that's just unnecessarily mean. Probably something like M. Sonic going "Here we go again." when time resets itself.

I suppose you're right. It's more of an in-joke at the fact that Sonic 06 ruined Sonic's reputation and Elise would have been the best representation of that in Generations.

But while I wasn't entirely serious, that is indeed in a bit of poor taste. My bad.

I suppose you're right. It's more of an in-joke at the fact that Sonic 06 ruined Sonic's reputation and Elise would have been the best representation of that in Generations.

But while I wasn't entirely serious, that is indeed in a bit of poor taste. My bad.

No harm done, there are better ways to mock 06 but that wasn't the best of ways but that's behind us now.

• 1 year later...

Is Sonic's shoes normal.Or something like Shadow's shoes where they make him faster. I was asking becuase time to sonic's mentioned be modified In Sonic X. and some times the shoes don't look like normal shoes in the games.So what the deal with Sonic's shoes?

Edited by sonicx assasin

Is Sonic's hoes normal.

Hm... Sonic has hoes? (Well... probably behind the scenes or something...)

Pfft... I could care less about Sonic X to be honest, but with the games it depends. Not sure about Sonic Riders, but as for Sonic Adventure 2 they were Soap Shoes as product placement and advertisement of the shoes. But that's all I've got, otherwise they're pretty much shoes lol.

Aw man, you didn't keep the mistake? I thought it was great! I'll be forever questioning if Sonic's hoes are normal, thanks!

Edited by Miss Haalyle Claus
  • Thumbs Up 2

The simplest way of putting it (as far as the games are concerned) is that Sonic is naturally fast and the shoes are just the shoes he happens to wear like anyone else would.

If you want to venture outside the main canon then there's some stuff about the shoes being made specifically for him because he'd completely destroy the soles on any normal pair.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic's shoes are just that: shoes.

Nothing technologically or magically enchanced about it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic's shoes are just that: shoes.

Nothing technologically or magically enchanced about it.

Well..I mean, he's been wearing the same shoes for years now. If they were normal shoes, wouldn't they be worn out like all hell by now?

Then again, he could have a limitless supply of them somewhere.

But I think it's possible they could be enhanced somehow, really. From how fast and often Sonic runs (including the types of surfaces), I don't see how "normal" shoes could last so long.

Sounds like a job for Game Theory! c:

-------

Also had 2 questions I wanted to bring up, may require a little digging. (Which is what I love to do!) c:

I'd like to start off by referencing the fight between Super Sonic and Perfect Dark Gaia. Remember how when something of Dark Gaia's hits Sonic, he gets damaged and loses rings. Actually, I take that back, I forgot that in this fight Super Sonic has a health bar.

Last I recalled, Super Sonic was invincible.

Now, here's my question. I've heard this somewhere, and it actually makes a lot of sense.

Can things equal to or more powerful than that of the Chaos Emeralds actually hurt Super Sonic? Since his power is their power anyway?

My next question is somewhat based off the one from above.

Hasn't Sonic used the Master Emerald from time to time again to go Super Sonic? (looking at the comics here)

If so, could that possibly mean that since the Master Emerald has unlimited power, using it could create a different form of Super Sonic?

Work with me here, I'm trying not to lose you. x3

Why the Eggman's Sonic 3 if he died in Sonic 2?

When Sonic beats 16 times Eggman in Death Egg, the robot is on fire and exploding Death Egg. As Eggman escaped the Death Egg?

I'm trying to figure out why they didn't release any DLC for Generations. A lot of people seem to think it was such a missed opportunity, and to be honest, it probably was. Were they just so done with it, they just wanted to get it out there and quickly move on to their next project/take a break?

Like, they even released DLC for Sonic 06. That in and of itself makes me wonder what their thought process was. "This game is selling well, people must love it, and it's very good let's make DLC so people can spend more money on this cool game :)" How does that even happen?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm trying to figure out why they didn't release any DLC for Generations. A lot of people seem to think it was such a missed opportunity, and to be honest, it probably was. Were they just so done with it, they just wanted to get it out there and quickly move on to their next project/take a break?

Like, they even released DLC for Sonic 06. That in and of itself makes me wonder what their thought process was. "This game is selling well, people must love it, and it's very good let's make DLC so people can spend more money on this cool game :)" How does that even happen?

they did for generations.....

A PINBALL TABLE wee!

• Thumbs Up 3

they did for generations.....

A PINBALL TABLE wee!

But they could have released so much more. Practically what the fans have done.

Day time stages from Unleashed, '06 stages (which I probably wouldn't want as DLC anyway xD) and etc. Seriously, they had such a good opportunity.

Then again, he could have a limitless supply of them somewhere.

Instead of hammerspace, he has shoespace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Instead of hammerspace, he has shoespace.

I'd say it could be the same place he keeps all those golden rings, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

So like, how much time passes between Sonic's fight with the Egg Viper and Tails' fight with the Egg Walker?

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably a couple of hours. But I think they happen the other way around. I'm pretty sure the timeline is something like this:

• Everyone abandons the Egg Carrier
  • Sonic lands in the Mystic Ruins jungle and enters the Lost World temple (daytime)
  • Tails, Amy, and Eggman arrive in Station Square, and Eggman tries to nuke the city since his plans have fallen apart (evening)
  • Tails and Eggman race through Speed Highway to the missile, and Tails fights the Egg Walker (night)
  • Sonic finishes Lost World and reappears outside. He sees Eggman retreating to his Mystic Ruins base, and chases after him (morning)
  • Sonic goes through Final Egg and fights the Egg Viper (morning/daytime?)
  • Eggman is defeated and flees the Mystic Ruins. Sonic sees Tails returning to the Mystic Ruins (daytime)
  • Thumbs Up 6

Probably a couple of hours. But I think they happen the other way around. I'm pretty sure the timeline is something like this:

• Everyone abandons the Egg Carrier
  • Sonic lands in the Mystic Ruins jungle and enters the Lost World temple (daytime)
  • Tails, Amy, and Eggman arrive in Station Square, and Eggman tries to nuke the city since his plans have fallen apart (evening)
  • Tails and Eggman race through Speed Highway to the missile, and Tails fights the Egg Walker (night)
  • Sonic finishes Lost World and reappears outside. He sees Eggman retreating to his Mystic Ruins base, and chases after him (morning)
  • Sonic goes through Final Egg and fights the Egg Viper (morning/daytime?)
  • Eggman is defeated and flees the Mystic Ruins. Sonic sees Tails returning to the Mystic Ruins (daytime)

wow.... this is intresting way to put it. your very intellgent on Sonic stuffs :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Very nice points. I haven't ever considered Tails' fight to come first!

Same here, my mind has been blown. Never gonna think of it the same way again.

• Thumbs Up 3

When colour-power ends what happens to the Wisp? I mean, as I have understood the hyper-go-on is pretty much their lifesource and it is the energy used in colour-power?

When colour-power ends what happens to the Wisp? I mean, as I have understood the hyper-go-on is pretty much their lifesource and it is the energy used in colour-power?

He probably consumes them like Zero consumes Cyber-elves. :P

I wanna know who, or what, created the Chaos Emeralds.
Also, it's alluded in the SA1 manual that, when the Master Emerald conceals Tikal and Chaos after the destruction of the echidnas, the emerald acts as if it's an entity of it's own.  I'd like to know what kind of entity that must be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why SEGA insist on continuing with Sonic Boom? The TV series is "ok", but the game (according to the reviews) is a waste, so I do not see a reason to continue with the series.

1. Where did Sonic put his SA2 shoes?

2. What brand of contacts does Sonic use?

3. What made Sonic decide to stop shaving and go natural in BOOM?

4. What brand of sports tape does Sonic use?

5. How does Sonic not die or get hurt whatsoever slamming into walls/objects in the boost games?

6. How does Sonic defy gravity in some games?

Just to name a few.