Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

2. As you probably know, there were <strike>ninja</strike> info cards released from each member of the Deadly Six. They are how we know details like their individual ages or the fact that Zor uses forbidden powers that the others won't.

The reason bring this up is because they, or at least early renditions/translations of them, were online and even linked to the Sonic wikia a good while before the game was on it's way towards being released. And I distinctly remember the one for Zeena describing her with a completely different characterization that honestly went with most of her poses and expressions in promotional materials. Did anyone else ever see this?

They're in the References section for each Deadly Six character on the Sonic wikia; the References also contain translations of Japanese profiles which have a slightly different nuance, and those might be what you're thinking of.  For example, for Zeena, they give: "The cruel and indifferent lone female in the Deadly Six, who accomplishes the missions given to her."

Question: What the hell happened to Infinite during his final cutscene? He flew away as far as I can tell, but he was vanishing too, so I don't know. Between this and the fate of the Deadly Six in Lost World, I'm sick of Sega's handling of the villains' disappearances. Just tell us if they survived or they're dead. Same thing happened in Sonic Rush Adventure, Whiskers' fate is unknown, presumably destroyed.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

Question: What the hell happened to Infinite during his final cutscene?

I understood what happened as “Eggman activated the machine which collected any phantom ruby energy to power his Death Egg Robot” , Infinite realized and knew what was happening, hence why he said “No, wait, I can still fight”. 

• Nice Smile 1

8 hours ago, FFWF said:

They're in the References section for each Deadly Six character on the Sonic wikia; the References also contain translations of Japanese profiles which have a slightly different nuance, and those might be what you're thinking of.  For example, for Zeena, they give: "The cruel and indifferent lone female in the Deadly Six, who accomplishes the missions given to her."

You're right on it, thanks!

Here they are for those who care:

"A battle crazy who loves to run wild more than three meals a day."

"A superstrength possessor and big eater who gobbles up everything he sees."

"Zavok's master, and a martial arts expert formerly known as the strongest warrior."

"The cruel and indifferent lone female in the Deadly Six, who accomplishes the missions given to her."

"The secret informer of the Deadly Six, with an eery shadow in both mind and body."

"The leader of the Deadly Six, clearheaded and with high battle skill."

I heard that whereas the other four Mobians had been introduced previously and/or initially conceived in early concepts, Espio was originally created specifically to be the main character of what was becoming Knuckles Chaotix. Is this true?

10 hours ago, Dr. Jack said:

Question: What the hell happened to Infinite during his final cutscene? He flew away as far as I can tell, but he was vanishing too, so I don't know. Between this and the fate of the Deadly Six in Lost World, I'm sick of Sega's handling of the villains' disappearances. Just tell us if they survived or they're dead. Same thing happened in Sonic Rush Adventure, Whiskers' fate is unknown, presumably destroyed.

And also in Mania! All three non-Boom games after Generations did it. I assume Whisker sank into the depths of the ocean with the Ghost Titan.

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

I assume Whisker sank into the depths of the ocean with the Ghost Titan.

He apparently did. Blaze/Marine mention it towards the beginning of the final story, from what I've seen.

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I heard that whereas the other four Mobians had been introduced previously and/or initially conceived in early concepts, Espio was originally created specifically to be the main character of what was becoming Knuckles Chaotix. Is this true?

I definitely remember reading an article about it years and years ago. He was specifically designed with cool in mind due to being considered for the lead of the game at some point, which would certainly suggest he was made especially for the game. 

15 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I definitely remember reading an article about it years and years ago. He was specifically designed with cool in mind due to being considered for the lead of the game at some point, which would certainly suggest he was made especially for the game. 

Also, there's apparently something about the game's programming that lends to that idea due to defaulting to/specifying him.

Here's a question I literally didn't notice until just now: Master Zik was the one who suggested Sonic into a robot, both because of Sonic's natural power and almost certainly due to the Zeti's innate ability to make electronics do interesting things. Of course, when they actually put this plan into motion, they catch Tails instead, which Zavok decides to improvise with. 

With the second point in mind, would've they have noticed that Tails wasn't really cyberized/roboticized ahead of time?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm considering doing a thread(my first here, actually) about Amy's skillset and overall powerset. Does this sound like a good enough topic to warrant doing so?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I'm considering doing a thread(my first here, actually) about Amy's skillset and overall powerset. Does this sound like a good enough topic to warrant doing so?

I would love that! Amy is such an underrated character.

Anyway, now that I've seen the solicits, I'm sure the comics will explain what happened to Infinite.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did Neo Metal Sonic plan for Rouge to free Shadow?

3 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

I would love that! Amy is such an underrated character.

Okay, thanks for your input.

I remember hearing that Knuckles and Shadow were going to make appearances in Sonic Unleashed. Do we have any knowledge to what their roles were going to be before being cut out completely, or was that just a rumor? With a world travelling story, I'm kind of surprised we didn't get many appearances from other Sonic characters.

47 minutes ago, Chaos Incarnate said:

I remember hearing that Knuckles and Shadow were going to make appearances in Sonic Unleashed. Do we have any knowledge to what their roles were going to be before being cut out completely, or was that just a rumor? With a world travelling story, I'm kind of surprised we didn't get many appearances from other Sonic characters.

An early draft of the story did indeed contain them, as Ian Flynn more or less backed up, but they were obviously cut out.

If I had to guess, they were probably gonna show up in Empire City, since nothing really happens there storywise. Depending on how long the overally synopsis was set in drying stone.

• Nice Smile 2
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

An early draft of the story did indeed contain them, as Ian Flynn more or less backed up, but they were obviously cut out.

If I had to guess, they were probably gonna show up in Empire City, since nothing really happens there storywise. Depending on how long the overally synopsis was set in drying stone.

Interesting. I would love to read that draft of the script, even though it’ll probably never see the light of day. 

• Nice Smile 1

Were Gemerl, Whisker, and Johnny created by DIMPS? Is that why they haven’t appeared since their debut outside of some American print media? Further, were Ifrit, Metal Sonic 3.0, and the Heavies the work of their game’s developers and not ST?

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Were Gemerl, Whisker, and Johnny created by DIMPS? Is that why they haven’t appeared since their debut outside of some American print media? 

I doubt they were created by Sonic Team any less than Blaze was. They just don't want to use them.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Further, were Ifrit, Metal Sonic 3.0, and the Heavies the work of their game’s developers and not ST?

The Heavies were definitely created by Whitehead. Don't know about Ifrit and 3.0 but it was probably Sonic Team.

Regardless of who exactly created them, I imagine Sega is pretty careful with its contracts these days and so I'm sure Sonic Team could perfectly well use any of them if it wanted.

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

First I've heard of it.  I would be interested in reading more; could you provide a source for Flynn's statement?

What are Chaos Drives made from? My best guess is that they're made from Chao, cos, you know, they are the embodiment of Chaos Energy after all. That even explains the "Chao Room" in Cryptic Castle-Eggman's just been farming Chao to turn into Chaos Drives. 

7 hours ago, FFWF said:

First I've heard of it.  I would be interested in reading more; could you provide a source for Flynn's statement?

I believe it was one of the interviews with FindtheComputerRoom.

Did anyone else realize that Classic Sonic ended up destroying Little Planet? Could the Ruby be able to restore it?

18 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Did the original writers for Sonic X go on to other works?

I hope so, I don't want them to touch Sonic again, except maybe the French season 3 writers.

Also, more unanswered Forces questions, or at least things that I didn't comprehend:

- Why does Shadow show up so late in the game? Where was he?

- Who created the Phantom Ruby?

- Who created the prototypes?

Things I gathered: Eggman finds the Phantom Ruby randomly while the Jackal Squad attacks, and both Eggman and Infinite touch it and see a glimpse of the future, that they can rule the world, so Infinite decides to join Eggman's forces as a mercenary, this is all shown in the prequel comic. Not sure about the prototypes... not made by Eggman I assume, because they were a problem for him. As for Shadow... I assume he was stuck in the virtual reality for months, Episode Shadow takes place before Sonic is defeated... I think, and Shadow returns 3 months later.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:08 AM, A person, that exists said:

What are Chaos Drives made from? My best guess is that they're made from Chao, cos, you know, they are the embodiment of Chaos Energy after all. That even explains the "Chao Room" in Cryptic Castle-Eggman's just been farming Chao to turn into Chaos Drives. 

Where did that notion come from?

Given that the Chaos Drives are what power the GUN mechs and the Artificial Chaos, they are most likely the product of Gerald's experiments with the Chaos Emeralds--namely, a way to condense and reproduce Chaos Energy in the absence of the emeralds themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1