Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

I'm pretty sure most Miku fans would actually go ahead and buy the game if she ended up being in it, not saying everyone would, but when people really like a character they most likely will support it, more support is always good.

By the way, I see no problem with voting on individual characters? there's no limit to how many characters you can vote on, just vote on the ones you'd be willing to buy, if you voted on games rather than characters, what if a character most people don't like was chosen to be in the game? like how Pudding got in over the more liked characters from SC5? Yeah I know she was chosen because they already had her model, but this wasn't the case for Tennis, was it?

Characters for DLC? How about Pur-- wait, Space Channel 5 is already covered as an IP. CURSES, FOILED AGAIN!

If I had to think of one character that I'd like to see, it'd be Sketch Turner from Comix Zone. I liked that game a lot!

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there a thread to report things that need patches? Because, as much as I love the game, there are a few annoying things that need fixing asap. I mightt as well list them in hopes that someone from sega will see it

1. Online, occasionally it will record everyone's time as 1 second and randomly place them

2. Online, it rarely ever actually keeps track of the points it awards after each race

3. Online, when two players make contact it often sends one or both players shooting to the side and into the wall/down the cliff

4. Seasonal Shrines, on lap 2 after the stairs up the shrine, there is a hideous visual glitch in the mountains in the background

5. Rouge's Landing, on the first lap just as you go into the air, the first island that you fly over becomes invisible for a second or two

6. Split-Screen, the sound effects of the vehicle engines becomes much louder than in single player

7. Split Screen, when choosing a vehicle mod, the stats revert back to normal and occasionally it doesn't apply the mod

8. Dream Valley, on the 3rd lap, when you go through the warp gate to exit the nightmare it pushes you to either side and often gets you stuck on the rocks in the water section

I think thats it for now... Anyone see anything else? or also see some of these things?

Edited by maltam123

I really want Bayonetta or Phantom R in this game. Both have/are having new games (Bayonetta 2 + Rhythm Thief iOS/3DS) and need some more exposure. I would take Bayonetta actually...

we need more sex appeal

I went and voted Miku and Ristar. Ristar because I wanted him in the previous game, and Miku because...well I like her so sue me.

It looks like they added a few more petitions: Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter, Rag Rappy from Phantasy Star, and Sketch Turner from Comix Zone

regarding that vote thing. You wanna know how fucking stupid and poorly modderated it is? Do you really.... REALLY want to know just how fucking stupid it is?

Anyone remember this... S0L's first experiment. Remember that? When sol asked people to nominate and then vote for a de-confirmed character to be DLC. Just for an experiment?

Even though it was confirmed that people were making multi's in the tens. Getting other people from other forums to vote (who had no interest in games).

Miku has more votes than the entire combination of people who voted in the whole contest!

First vote: 198 Total votes

Second vote: 133 Total votes.

The final vote: 170 Total Votes.

Total Votes: 501. Remember, this was both the Sega forum regulars and people from SSMB, Retro and other places joining in.

So how is it, a similar idea started by the producer of the game which had a lot more exposure than this did (well on videogame forums at least) to people who actually had an interest in the game has gotten less overal votes than one character in a thing started by some random forum member?

And all of this is despite the fact that this character can't possibly be in it...? Hmmm do you think something odd is going on?

Oh well, maybe I'm just going off on one, I mean it can't possibly be the first google result that I find a miku fansite which has never reported or had any interest in ASRT promoting this.... .. .. ... .. Oh hang on... I did...

This is complete bullshit and honestly I hope S0L invalidates every vote placed for her. What they're doing is outright cheating which was frowned upon the first time around, why is it being let pass now?

Step 1: Unlock the Segabot.

Step 2: Go online.

Step 3: enter a race with people who have not yet unlocked the Sega bot.

Step 4: Win the race.

Step 5: Return to the lobby and listen to the people on their mics accusing you of hacking the game.

Step 6: Laugh manaically.

And that is how you win ASRT Online.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't be helped sometimes when the A.I sometimes uses AGES and people start raging as to why the Hornet is a playable character...

This is complete bullshit and honestly I hope S0L invalidates every vote placed for her. What they're doing is outright cheating which was frowned upon the first time around, why is it being let pass now?

Is that your inner hate for Miku talking? Most probably they should indeed purge all the bot accounts simply signing up to vote Miku yes, but they shouldn't purge or disqualify everyone's votes and ban miku as a character vote, because there were legit votes for her, you just don't want her to have a chance at all due to your selfishness.

Hatsune Miku has nearly 1000 sigs already

Thats good. I assume all those people will actually buy the game and her character when she never gets made?

Is that your inner hate for Miku talking? Most probably they should indeed purge all the bot accounts simply signing up to vote Miku yes, but they shouldn't purge or disqualify everyone's votes and ban miku as a character vote, because there were legit votes for her, you just don't want her to have a chance at all due to your selfishness.

Yes they should. Do you even know how democracy works? If a candidate is found guilty of electoral fraud they strike his ass from the record, no ifs, ands or buts. There's no reason it shouldn't apply here. So fuck all their votes, they should've known better than to cheat Since there's no way of knowing which votes are legit and which aren't they should just remove her from candidacy entirely, just like they do in real democracy. The fact that I hate Miku with a burning passion is a completely moot point, it doesn't change the fact that her "win" is fraudulent. And I don't see how NOT wanting a character in the game makes one selfish but that's probably just your continued ignorance talking. I don't want Meemee in the game either, I guess that means everyone who doesn't want her in the game is selfish, right?

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

As far as duplicate characters go. Mee Mee is my favorite. So fun to use <3.

To be honest I'd never even heard of Miku before a few days ago, she was never to my knowledge requested on the first game, why the sudden burst of popularity? She isn't even a SEGA character.Technically Banjo-Kazooie should have been on the list for voting over Miku, at least they've been on the previous Sonic and Sega racing game.

Imagine presenting the poll results to S0l. "well yeah we have this character Hatsune Miku, she isn't a SEGA character and she's only been voted in so high because of people cheating so there you go".

No one confirmed there was cheating, there are no bots, and yes, she is very popular, why can't people see that? Anyway, she's reached 1000 votes! Congrats on your popularity Miku. Now can everyone stop complaining about her?

• Sumo rethinks, considers her eligible and thinks about it.
  • People buy her if they want, quite a lot of people in the west would buy a game where Miku was a playable racer, but even more people in Japan would
  • Or she's disqualified for not being a possible addition, in which case any other characters who make it to 1000 will be considered too

whoop-de-fucking-do yep? It's not the end of the world.

She honestly has no effect on any of the other characters in the vote, why is everyone so adamantly complaining? I don't understand you people at all.

• Thumbs Up 6

Apparently someone named "sign painter" has signed his support for her. It's funny because he's from Santa Barbera CA. Just like the person below him Nathalie Aiello.

What I dont like about the Miku thing is that a lot of people dont even have the game, and maybe never will unless theu put Miku in it. Some of them even are not Sega fans per se.

What I dont like about the Miku thing is that a lot of people dont even have the game, and maybe never will unless theu put Miku in it. Some of them even are not Sega fans per se.

And that's a problem because..? It's the same reason they put in Danica Patrick, and MGS and Sonic fans bought Brawl when they otherwise may not have.

Expanding the audience for a game is a good thing people.

You get new players into things they may not have seen before. Who cares if the people who buy it for Miku aren't SEGA fans? They may love SEGA after trying it out! I tried out Kirby and Fire Emblem because of Smash Bros and I love Kirby now!

Ya'll don't know good business when it hits you in the face.

• Thumbs Up 4

well if they went through the trouble of voting her up, clearly that's 1000 more people who'd pick up the game for her sake alone, and when the news gets out that Miku may be appearing in a kart racer where she transforms from car, to boat to plane, the otaku boards/vocaloid fans will surely be wanting to play as their favourite idol, she may not be SEGA but hell I agree that this could be a massive potential business move if SEGA considered it.

• Thumbs Up 3

We are complaining because Miku is getting more votes than excellent and legitimately Sega characters and yet she's not going to happen. She's taking the votes of other characters, that piss me off. Do you really think that these 1000 votes are from people who were already registered in the Sega Forums OR have any interest in Sega or the game? Of course not. At the very least, they should cut Miku's vote in half.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

We are complaining because Miku is getting more votes than excellent and legitimately Sega's characters and yet she's not going to happen. She's taking the votes of other characters, that piss me off. Do you really think that these 1000 votes are from people who were already registered in the Sega Forums OR have any interest in Sega or the game? Of course not. At the very least, they should cut Miku's vote in half.

She's not taking votes off other characters. You can vote for as many characters as you like. Miku is taking from no one. If she were not in the vote, the other characters' votes would not be affected.

On the contrary, the petition as a whole has gottten more exposure because of Miku. Easily more characters will reach 1000 votes. Be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's taking the votes of other characters

Hey guys! You know what? I voted for three or four characters at the same time! Anyways, it doesn't stop anyone from doing the same with other characters as what Miku fans did.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's not taking votes off other characters. You can vote for as many characters as you like. Miku is taking from no one. If she were not in the vote, the other characters' votes would not be affected.

On the contrary, the petition as a whole has gottten more exposure because of Miku. Easily more characters will reach 1000 votes. Be happy.

Yep, but if Miku wasn't on the poll, other characters would receive more votes. I bet my finger that hundreds of this votes are from people who just registered to vote ONLY to Miku, that sucks ass. Miku may win this poll, but she ain't gonna happen as DLC, so hopefully the 2nd, 3rd and 4th places have that possibility.

Yep, but if Miku wasn't on the poll, other characters would receive more votes.

But.. that.. makes no sense at all...? I voted for 10 characters.

I bet my finger that hundreds of this votes are from people who just registered to vote ONLY to Miku, that sucks ass. Miku may win this poll, but she ain't gonna happen as DLC, so hopefully the 2nd, 3rd and 4th places have that possibility.

You don't have to register to vote. You just put in your email or whatever and click vote. Tons of people voted only for Ryo or Segata Sanshiro. Somewhere in the world, a Comix Zone fan is crying because there are more Ryo fans than Sketch Turner fans.

Suddenly, Miku was added to the vote!! Oh no! Tons of innocent humans around the world were instantly barred from voting, the website ate some innocent children who only wanted to vote! Mitt Romney won the election because Miku Hatsune was put as a voting option on a website that anyone in the world could visit, it was tragic.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2