Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

But.. that.. makes no sense at all...?

3 votes per person. Instead of one of them go to Miku, it goes to another character on that list.

Somewhere in the world, a Comix Zone fan is crying because there are more Ryo fans than Sketch Turner fans.

Very obnoxious.

Yeah come on guys you're being bitter about this when people legit want her in, I really want Pepper from Clockwork Knight in this but I'm not kicking up a fuss because he's got such few votes...

And that's a problem because..? It's the same reason they put in Danica Patrick, and MGS and Sonic fans bought Brawl when they otherwise may not have.

Expanding the audience for a game is a good thing people.

You get new players into things they may not have seen before. Who cares if the people who buy it for Miku aren't SEGA fans? They may love SEGA after trying it out! I tried out Kirby and Fire Emblem because of Smash Bros and I love Kirby now!

I understand your point of view, and I agree it could led to the game selling more units.

Thing is, atleast IMO, I see this poll as an answer for the fans of the game that felt like the roster didnt had enough Sega characters (or atleats variety of it), and I feel like the Miku fans had "hijacked" this organizing themselves for vote to Miku in mass. People who bought this game doesnt care for sales anymore, not after the Danica and Ralph and stuff.

I know theres a lot of legit people who wants Miku in it, and Im fine with it. What it irks me is the organization that had on forums and stuff, even if this show they are a very pasionate fanbase..

And yeah this is the same as the Danica or Snake stuff, gotta remember though that those werent welcome entries on their respective fanbases.

PD: I dont know if I made my point very clear. Its hard to make me explain when I suck at english lol

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 votes per person. Instead of one of them go to Miku, it goes to another character on that list.

No.... you vote for as many as you want. I voted for 10 characters. Miku was one of them.

Very obnoxious.

I like Sketch Turner more than I like Miku but I'm not going to be upset because more people are voting ToeJam and Earl.

EDIT: Danica and Snake were welcomed by a lot of other people though.

And Miku is liked by a lot of SEGA fans too, clearly. Myself and others on this forum included.

Edited by SuperLink

There are third party characters that are way more popular and would shift tons more sales than Miku. Imagine if they were able to put the Master Chief from Halo in. There are WAY more fans of Halo than Miku. It doesn't matter how you slice it. She's a 3rd party character and one that only a small community care about.

There are third party characters that are way more popular and would shift tons more sales than Miku. Imagine if they were able to put the Master Chief from Halo in. There are WAY more fans of Halo than Miku. It doesn't matter how you slice it. She's a 3rd party character and one that only a small community care about.

SEGA own her game rights in Japan.. in the west she may be a third party. She probably doesn't have much of a chance here.

But either way if that's the case, she's not taking chances from any other characters, so the problem is?

If she's eligible then yay, Miku fans will buy the game and be happy. If she's not then oh well?

Small community? somehow obtained more votes than everyone else off the bat, Halo's fan base resides most in USA because Japanese aren't too fond of FPS games, they like their RTS and JRPG's more than anything, so no matter how you slice it, they both appeal to very different demographics so this conversation is pointless.

Miku has ties with SEGA which Chief does not, that's only thing setting these 2 a part, otherwise I don't even think the fans would consider her inclusion to be fair.

As for Banjo, it was Microsoft's Call to add him as a GUEST to the last game, they paid for it hoping it'd be more credibility to Banjo's new cause but because of Nuts & Bolts it wasn't very effective, and i doubt Banjo will be appearing in the future (at least not for a while since Microsoft has killed the franchise).

• Thumbs Up 2

Small community? somehow obtained more votes than everyone else off the bat, Halo's fan base resides most in USA because Japanese aren't too fond of FPS games, they like their RTS and JRPG's more than anything, so no matter how you slice it, they both appeal to very different demographics so this conversation is pointless.

The game isn't even being released in Japan as far as we know.

The game isn't even being released in Japan as far as we know.

It is, S0L said so himself, the Sumo team are working out the kinks with Japan to get it localized and shipped out actually.

Small community? somehow obtained more votes than everyone else off the bat,

So... where were they then when

The answer? Not giving a shit about the game.

The only reason Miku has got the votes she has is because 2 people went over to the official facebook page and fansites and advertised it as an official thing when it's not.. just look at this.

http://www.mikufan.c...rs-racing-game/

That one, is nearly claiming that it's definately going to happen! Have they been told that it's already been confirmed that Miku cannot be in due to legalities?

Lets see if I can find another... oh here we go.

http://www.vocaloido...ng-transformed/

do you want our miku to be a DLC character in a sega racing game? Please vote for her as well as other sega characters u like. This post is OFFICIAL by sega.

WHOA!? Wait, these pols are not official at all.

In fact thats actually the second topic that particular site had... I wonder how many topics they had on ASRT before this whole farce started?

Part of me almost wants her to be made into a character now, just so we can see how many of these voters actually bother to both buy the game and the DLC. Because as we all know, the sales of Toyota shot through the roof when Miku promoted them right... .. ... .. oh wait... They fell.

It's just completely ridiculous, not to mention a waste of time since it can't happen.

Also, I hate stuff like this because it constantly runs the risk of giving those with the decisions ideas. Least we forget a certain black hedgehog and his pol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I'm not saying "yay news posts" those posts have misinterpreted information and are perhaps being a bit unfair but the point stands that those people will very possibly buy the game and that whether or not she succeeds she will not affect the votes of the other characters! Why is that so hard to understand?

If she succeeds, a lot of people will be happy! She might not of course because of rights, but she might succeed in Japan!

EDIT: Also the Toyota thing? Yeah that's called absolutely failing with demography.

You don't sell Miku to people who want to buy cars lmao. That's not Miku's fault, that's Toyota's fault for making a daft business decision.

Edited by SuperLink

For the record, in order to vote, you have to put down your adress and name, I highly doubt people would be willing to do such a thing unless they were really serious, would you put down your name and adress on something that said "vote because I say so lol"?

Also there's no fraud as far as I know, everyone on the internet is allowed to vote, you think there's enough people on the sega forums alone to get a single character 1000 votes? I highly doubt Segata would have gotten 700 votes by now without the advertising some of the fans have been doing, after all when the first poll was still active and required you to register on the sega forums, there was no character that got over 100 votes

As for outsiders not buying the game? Most Miku fans are Otaku, Otaku spend money on stuff they like, trust me.

I will also have to mention, it has not been confirmed by anyone that she's got no chance of being in the game, that one post by S0L? that was from before Danica was even announced, S0L pretty much just said Miku wasn't the 3rd guest, that is, unless S0L made a post in the past 24 hours about this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so anyway, keeping voting, and let's just wait for S0L's answer if he see the results... I think Sumo is dealing with the patch right now, so DLC characters will have to wait, and if they want to try something right now, I believe they will go for Billy Hatcher and Ryo, and new ones like Vectorman, since apparently Sumo have the rights to use them on the game. But dealing Miku, I just can't see it happening even with all that support, sorry.

Edited by Jango

Ok, so anyway, keeping voting, and let's just wait for S0L's answer if he see the results... I think Sumo is dealing with the patch right now, so DLC characters will have to wait, and if they want to try something right now, I believe they will go for Billy Hatcher and Ryo, and new ones like Vectorman, since apparently Sumo have the rights to use them on the game. But dealing Miku, I just can't see it happening even with all that support, sorry.

That's fair enough why didn't you say that in the first place! I also think Miku's unlikely in the west at least but in Japan it'd get the game sales that originally it would never have gotten.

Also I think Billy's a dead-cert, his data's on the disc.

That's fair enough why didn't you say that in the first place! I also think Miku's unlikely in the west at least but in Japan it'd get the game sales that originally it would never have gotten.

That must be the reason why he doesn't appear in Chilly Castle with the rest of his friends!

• Thumbs Up 3

For the record, in order to vote, you have to put down your adress and name, I highly doubt people would be willing to do such a thing unless they were really serious, would you put down your name and adress on something that said "vote because I say so lol"?

Also there's no fraud as far as I know, everyone on the internet is allowed to vote, you think there's enough people on the sega forums alone to get a single character 1000 votes? I highly doubt Segata would have gotten 700 votes by now without the advertising some of the fans have been doing, after all when the first poll was still active and required you to register on the sega forums, there was no character that got over 100 votes

As for outsiders not buying the game? Most Miku fans are Otaku, Otaku spend money on stuff they like, trust me.

I will also have to mention, it has not been confirmed by anyone that she's got no chance of being in the game, that one post by S0L? that was from before Danica was even announced, S0L pretty much just said Miku wasn't the 3rd guest, that is, unless S0L made a post in the past 24 hours about this?

They'd fake it. There's someone called sign painter who supported Miku.

Well maybe that's actually somebody's real name, I've heard alot of ridiculous names irl before.

If there really are fake votes in there, we'll see once the voting is over, you can check for similar IP adresses, names, adresses and such, it's not really like it matters if there are 50 fake votes in there, because even then Miku will still have 1000 votes, people are always underestimating fanbases.

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

I dunno, PMS much? =P Sorry if I overreacted X(

Yeah, I would like Billy and Ryo to return, since my most wanted already did (Alex). As for new ones, all I want is Sketch Turner, Vectorman, Sakura or Segata. ANY of these and I'm extremelly happy.

But hey... I wonder what are ALL the scrapped characters of the game. I remember S0L saying that he would tell who are they later on. I also wonder what are the IPs owners that refused the deal with Sumo ^^ But I don't think they're allowed to talk about that.

Edited by Jango

Final character spoiler ahead, be warned.

Well, I've grabbed the last character, Ages, and holy fuck is he awesome. I mean, the Hornet was good enough, but an Afterburner jet and a Dreamcast controller? Sold!

Even better, when he fails tricks, he even loudly buffers like the actual DC, and even makes the VMU 'no battery' beeeep! I literally screamed when I heard that beep-it's such close attention to detail!

So yeah. Unlock Ages. He's worth it, and more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well maybe that's actually somebody's real name, I've heard alot of ridiculous names irl before.

Get fucking real. That's such a fake name, that you'd even think it's real is just absurd. There's tons of fake votes in there. Miku has so many rule violations surrounding her it's ridiculous.

I really wish S0L would sound off on this. But then again what am I worried for? Even "winning" this still doesn't mean they'll become DLC.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Well, Segata has passed Miku with a few more votes ^^ He might happen at all, the 3D model is already done and the rights for the IP are ok.

Now all we need is a trailer exclusively to reveal Segata as DLC, where he punishes the people who don't buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!!!

Transformed, shiro!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well, Segata has passed Miku with a few more votes ^^ He might happen at all, the 3D model is already done and the rights for the IP are ok.

Now all we need is a trailer exclusively to reveal Segata as DLC, where he punishes the people who don't buy Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!!!

Transformed, shiro!

He's ahead by 200, TBE. 0_0

Edited by Beat

Get fucking real. That's such a fake name, that you'd even think it's real is just absurd. There's tons of fake votes in there. Miku has so many rule violations surrounding her it's ridiculous.

Get real? I know people who have "Bornnaked" as their last name, I know a ton of people who go by names such as "the farmer" and "baker", not in litteral english, but in dutch, and they're common names, I don't see how Painter is any different.

Other than that, the person called "Sign Painter" did admit it was an alias, but it's still a real person, no fake vote there.

Plus, Segata has got more votes now than Miku, I don't see what you're complaining about.

• Thumbs Up 1