Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

I'm not voting either. It doesn't matter to me which character gets DLC because I'll either get it or wont. It's not like it's going to be decided by my one vote anyway.

Proof that Miku brings out the worst in humanity...

Not that Miku fans can't be terrible.. but that sounds pretty ironic on a Sonic website.

So what you're saying is not only should Miku be disqualified immediately on the grounds that she's not a Sega character but also she should be DOUBLE disqualified because her fans are cheating by bolstering her votes through link spamming on vocaloid community sites, exactly the same thing that happened in the Sonic characters poll when they did it with Silver?

Whew. I was worried that she'd actually have a chance. Thank god.

She does have a chance, and there are some people who would genuinely really like her inclusion in the game, not to mention if she was only in the Japanese version it'd sell a lot more.

It's not a crime to like a character lots. Everyone here most likely likes a character lots!

And even if you don't like her, you all know SEGA is going through financial trouble right now. Even if you don't like Miku you can recognise how many copies it would shift in Japan with her being advertised alongside it! If its localisation to Japan was a financial success, wouldn't that be good news for all SEGA fans?

Opinions everyone hide your children.

EDIT: I mean wow, Project Diva quintupled the Vita's sales in Japan and it still performed below expectations because of the Vita's low playerbase.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm one of those people who would like her inclusion, fuck the haters.

This whole thing is a bad idea anyway, pretty sure S0L said whoever came to 1000 votes WITH mutual agreement, then they'd consider it.

This isn't what you call mutual agreement, and it'll get out of hand even without Miku's inclusion in the voting, people are too fucking stupid and selfish to keep anything civil.

This also makes me laugh because my mentioning of Miku here when the game was still in production was mistaken for fact over THERE and now we have all this mess in the first place, lol oops.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly don't think she would even stand a chance if not for people stuffing the ballot; people who aren't even going to buy the game.

Ironic thing about fandom is that people won't respect other peoples' fandoms.

I honestly don't think she would even stand a chance if not for people stuffing the ballot; people who aren't even going to buy the game.

She was performing very well before it was advertised on vocaloid sites, she was originally the second most popular suggestion for the game anyway.

In any case you don't know that they won't buy the game, and as I keep saying in Japan she alone would sell the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

And even if you don't like her, you all know SEGA is going through financial trouble right now. Even if you don't like Miku you can recognise how many copies it would shift in Japan with her being advertised alongside it! If its localisation to Japan was a financial success, wouldn't that be good news for all SEGA fans?

Opinions everyone hide your children.

EDIT: I mean wow, Project Diva quintupled the Vita's sales in Japan and it still performed below expectations because of the Vita's low playerbase.

I imagine Sega would have to pay a substantial amount to acquire her which would put a damper on the profits they'd see. Like Project Diva on the Vita proved, it could meet sales expectations and still be considered a failure.

I imagine Sega would have to pay a substantial amount to acquire her which would put a damper on the profits they'd see. Like Project Diva on the Vita proved, it could meet sales expectations and still be considered a failure.

SEGA already have her game rights in Japan, they wouldn't have to pay (if at all) anywhere near the amount they paid to sponsor Danica Patrick.

For them putting Miku in the Japanese version of this is about as difficult as Activision putting SpiderMan in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (not difficult they just did it cause they felt like it)

Keep in mind also that this game is not slated for a Japanese release anytime soon. They might do work on an arcade version but other than that there's nothing really laid in stone about this game getting a Japanese release.

I posted this on the Sega Forums a few minutes ago, so the votes for some characters may have increased by now, but here is a basic ranking of the characters:

I was feeling bored so I decided to get the current number of signatures for each character as well as how they rank amongst the others:

Current Numbers:

1. Hatsune Miku – 514

2. Segata Sanshiro – 356

3. Vectorman – 273

4. Ryo Hazuki – 236

5. Ristar – 180

6. Bayonetta – 157

7. Toejam & Earl – 155

8. Billy Hatcher – 118

9. Blaze Fielding – 88

10. Phantom R – 86

11. Arle Nadja – 85

12. Axel Stone – 84

13. Sakura Shinguji – 76

14. Selveria Bles – 73

15. Opa-Opa – 66

16. Ash – 64

17. Alis Landale – 61

17. Bonanza Bros – 61

17. Welkin Gunther – 61

20. ChuChus – 48

21. Space Harrier – 47

22. Kazuma Kiryu – 46

23. Amitie – 44

Could someone please explain me why people are still voting for Ristar? Unless Sumo wants to make a new flagman or couldn't care less about time paradoxes Ristar will not be playable in this.

S0L said they'd look into getting it all to work out if he gets the votes. I think it was a few pages into the original voting thread. Plus I like the guy, I would have voted for him anyways.

Keep in mind also that this game is not slated for a Japanese release anytime soon. They might do work on an arcade version but other than that there's nothing really laid in stone about this game getting a Japanese release.

It'll get one I'm sure, even chronicles did eventually.

Heck maybe the reason for the delay of the Japanese version is to talk about Vocaloid inclusion.

EDIT: Either waaay if Miku isn't eligible they'll just discount her and count the other characters that reached 1000 votes instead. So why is it so problematic to try? (it's not)

Edited by SuperLink

They have the rights to produce Project Diva games, which is listed under their business contract. This says nothing of her getting DLC in an unrelated game which would necessitate its own contract. It's like Marvel vs. Capcom 2; Capcom got the rights from Marvel to publish this game on XBLA and nothing else. The creation of MVC3 required a separate contract entirely. The same applies here.

So, no, it's not as simple as you think.

It'll get one I'm sure, even chronicles did eventually.

Heck maybe the reason for the delay of the Japanese version is to talk about Vocaloid inclusion.

S0L already stated there weren't going to be any extra character in the Japanese version. The delay is supposedly for animation changes in characters.

Japan is getting this game, S0L said himself they're not able to rest till the 3DS & Vita versions are out and about, he also said that they're clearing things up with Japan so they can start shipping the game off to THEM, so yes this game IS getting a JPN release.

They have the rights to produce Project Diva games, which is listed under their business contract. This says nothing of her getting DLC in an unrelated game which would necessitate its own contract. It's like Marvel vs. Capcom 2; Capcom got the rights from Marvel to publish this game on XBLA and nothing else. The creation of MVC3 required a separate contract entirely. The same applies here.

So, no, it's not as simple as you think.

It's pretty simple, infact much more simple than Marvel's situation. SEGA have included Miku as bonuses in other Japan-only games lately, like 7th Dragon and Samurai & Dragons. They wouldn't do that if it was a problem to them.

Marvel's situation is complicated because: Activision hold the game rights to many Marvel franchises, not Capcom, which is why it was difficult for Capcom to get the Marvel rights.

S0L already stated there weren't going to be any extra character in the Japanese version. The delay is supposedly for animation changes in characters.

Oh oops, if that's true disregard almost my whole argument then.

Still, it's a shame because Miku = easy sales in Japanese version. They should consider it if they like money.

Edited by SuperLink

Miku seems a pretty easy character to get, she appears as DLC in a bunch of games.

You have PangYa, Tales of Graces, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Idolm@ster 2, Skullgirls and Doko Demo Issho for example.

• Thumbs Up 1

I posted this on the Sega Forums a few minutes ago, so the votes for some characters may have increased by now, but here is a basic ranking of the characters:

Since when did that many people even vote to start with...

Huh? Miku never appeared in Skullgirls. Filia just had alternate colors that looked like her.

Then remove that one, the others are all licensed.

I was looking at an apperances list.

(Yeah I doubt Skullgirls counts)

Either way I'm hanging up the Miku argument for now as I've beaten it into everyone's heads more than enough that it'd be a good business decision (i think ya get the point), it seems like she'll easily break 1000 votes, maybe Sumo will consider pushing for her a bit or maybe SEGA of Japan will suggest it for the JP version, or maybe not at all, who knows. It really has no effect on the performance of the others so it's nothin' to get annoyed about.

Edited by SuperLink

It's pretty simple, infact much more simple than Marvel's situation. SEGA have included Miku as bonuses in other Japan-only games lately, like 7th Dragon and Samurai & Dragons. They wouldn't do that if it was a problem to them.

Marvel's situation is complicated because: Activision hold the game rights to many Marvel franchises, not Capcom, which is why it was difficult for Capcom to get the Marvel rights.

Those cameos were planned in advance and a provision was made for them in the contract. Having her be included in a game that she was NOT planned to be in, making a late game appearance, as a result of a fan poll, is an entirely different beast. You're also missing the enitre point of my MVC argument which was that they required separate contracts for each game. It wasn't about how the Activision contract complicated things, the point was about how the two games needed entirely separate legal discussions and proceedings.

So would it be out of the question for a news site like Sonic Stadium or Segabits to do some sort of quick article on the petitions? I mean seeing as S0L has said that he would take any character with at least 1000 votes into consideration and even show the results off to SEGA, I'd think that it'd be somewhat news worthy. Plus it would be really helpful in spreading the word about the petitions and what not.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been busy this weekend, what with Thanksgiving round the corner, but I'll write up a news post tomorrow.

I'd assume that most SEGA fans have already heard about the vote via forums and word of mouth, but I'll news it tomorrow morning. ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

regarding that vote thing. You wanna know how fucking stupid and poorly modderated it is? Do you really.... REALLY want to know just how fucking stupid it is?

Anyone remember this... S0L's first experiment. Remember that? When sol asked people to nominate and then vote for a de-confirmed character to be DLC. Just for an experiment?

Even though it was confirmed that people were making multi's in the tens. Getting other people from other forums to vote (who had no interest in games).

Miku has more votes than the entire combination of people who voted in the whole contest!

First vote: 198 Total votes

Second vote: 133 Total votes.

The final vote: 170 Total Votes.

Total Votes: 501. Remember, this was both the Sega forum regulars and people from SSMB, Retro and other places joining in.

So how is it, a similar idea started by the producer of the game which had a lot more exposure than this did (well on videogame forums at least) to people who actually had an interest in the game has gotten less overal votes than one character in a thing started by some random forum member?

And all of this is despite the fact that this character can't possibly be in it...? Hmmm do you think something odd is going on?

Oh well, maybe I'm just going off on one, I mean it can't possibly be the first google result that I find a miku fansite which has never reported or had any interest in ASRT promoting this.... .. .. ... .. Oh hang on... I did...

And yes, feel free to quote me as to how stupid and badly organised this thing was.

And before anyone says 'oh well you just don't like Miku, it's hard to dislike something you've never heard of, but look at the whole pol overal, why do they have seperate listings for all 3 streets of rage characters? Valkyria chronicles etc etc. They should really just have listings for the games itself, even in the unlikely event this was ever actually taken to a meeting and put forward, if it actually got taken to development, they would look at the whole game anyway and attempt to design it based on the overal product as apposed to the individual character.

• Thumbs Up 7