Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

I've not even played any of the previous Metal Gear titles and I'm super excited for this game. Already pre-ordered it a couple of months ago or so. Can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

They changed the name to reflect the change in direction. It was originally going to be more stealth-based, but they dropped that after Platinum took the reigns, hence the lack of "Solid."

Which makes no sense really, seeing as the "Solid" part never indicated at the stealth elements.

Which makes no sense really, seeing as the "Solid" part never indicated at the stealth elements.

Well we can take "Rising" as meaning the series rises anew. Right?

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 1

I WAS AT THE WRONG PLACE

WRONG TIME

WRONG!

Got that song stuck in my head.

Also fuck my older posts.

Edited by Nintendoga

OH DAMN THEY USED DEPECHE MODE IN THE TRAILER.

Instant 10+ points.

OH MAN MY PLATINUM GAMES SUPERBONER IS SHOWING AGAIN. +10 more points.

Seriously though I am stoked for this game. I have never played a Metal Gear game because I am super crappy at stealth games, and I never grew up owning Sony consoles for the most part. But here I am super excited for this. Super cyborg robots cutting stuff up in a sci-fi action game!? SO THERE.

Nah guys, Metal Gear Solid is in reference to Solid Snake.

Uh... Even though you don't play as him in almost fully two of the four games... It's his story okay?

This is Raiden's story, which should be cool. He's going back to Africa to - MAKE IT RIGHT.

Is there a reason he's a ninja again, yo? I thought he had a kid and a wife and all that.

By the way MGS4's story was absolute balls. Kojima needs to stop with the psychedelics.

Edited by American Ristar

Actually, Metal Gear Solid is in reference to the series going 3D, IIRC.

Just saiyan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I don't think anyone cares about this "SOLID" talk. It's all about MGRR and the mech ninja PWNING everything he sees. That trailer showed me why I love violent games. That was spectacular. But the only thing that threw me off was a ROBOT bleeding blood. Eh who cares, he fucking chopped a helicopter into like 25+ pieces. Team Ninja...I dare you to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I don't think anyone cares about this "SOLID" talk. It's all about MGRR and the mech ninja PWNING everything he sees. That trailer showed me why I love violent games. That was spectacular. But the only thing that threw me off was a ROBOT bleeding blood. Eh who cares, he fucking chopped a helicopter into like 25+ pieces. Team Ninja...I dare you to do that.

Who said that it was blood? Could be nanobots or ketchup for all we know.

Yeah, that was what "Tactical Espionage Action" was for. It did, however, indicate the identity of the subseries, that it was something else from the simple "Metal Gear" games that came before it in the same way, like how "Super Mario World" implied it to be an evolution of "Super Mario Bros." but "Paper Mario" meant that game was going somewhere else entirely.

No, I mean the Metal Gear indicates the series' origins. When you hear Metal Gear, you think stealth.

And Mario? Jumping, platforming etc. Something Paper Mario still includes.

"Solid" and "Rising" obviously represent two different euphemisms for the erections popped when playing both games.

• Thumbs Up 8

No, I mean the Metal Gear indicates the series' origins. When you hear Metal Gear, you think stealth.

And Mario? Jumping, platforming etc. Something Paper Mario still includes.

So? Metal Gear includes guns and gunfights. Doesn't make it a shooter.

So? Metal Gear includes guns and gunfights. Doesn't make it a shooter.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. What are you talking about?

"Solid" and "Rising" obviously represent two different euphemisms for the erections popped when playing both games.

Carbo, fuck you.

I would have gone about my innocence that the names were just awesome had you not said that. laugh.png

Edit: great, now I think I shouldn't have said "fuck" along the words "Solid", "Rising" and "Erections".

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Nanopaste to be specific.

The gekkos used it to coagulate any cuts to their legs in MGS4, so given that Eternal X probably hasn't played that, I figured I'd let that out there.

Nope. Didn't own a ps3 til now. But thanks for informing me on what the hell that blood looking stuff is...or might me. You know what I mean. :3

Edited by Eternal X

Okay, I read in Playstation Magazine that there will be some QTE's in this game such as the missile jumping helicopter sequence. My stance is that I generally DO NOT LIKE QTEs!

However, I'm not too stubborn about this and I'm sure this game can make up for that. And because I'm such a Metal Gear fan I might let it slide. But still, I had my hopes a bit too high at the sequence, because I was hoping we could do that on our own. I mean really, surfing missiles whenever they're fired, that's just wasted awesomeness by making it a sequenced event.

But everything else is distracting me from that little disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a QTE? Nooo I was really waiting to see if you could run into the sky and dice up helicopters. Seriously why not. Also hey do we got a regular MGS topic on this board? I can't find one to bump!

Bayonetta aside, Platinum's not too bad with QTEs, which is for the best considering how much they love to use them. They're in Anarchy Reigns, a multiplayer game no less, and they actually work well there.

Anarchy Reigns is mostly Asura's Wrath/Gears of War QTE's though, where the QTE mashing is a matter of competition.

That one in MGR is cinematic, more like Bayonetta.

Bayonetta aside, Platinum's not too bad with QTEs, which is for the best considering how much they love to use them. They're in Anarchy Reigns, a multiplayer game no less, and they actually work well there.

Bayonetta's QTEs were few and far between, though. Very easy to perform, but could catch people off guard. I had more trouble with the two stupid random fly-through segments.

Vanquish style QTEs here would be fitting.

Anarchy Reigns is mostly Asura's Wrath/Gears of War QTE's though, where the QTE mashing is a matter of competition.

Well it's a good thing I trust Platinum not to take that route because I would scream if I had to do that in Rising.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic