Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

Is Zone of the Enders region locked outside of US? i was gonna import it here for the collector's edition and Rising demo, but can't find out if it'll work on my PAL 360?

The European release is later this month (Nov. 30th), you should just go ahead and import that version. I don't know of many 360 games being region free, from my knowledge they're usually locked.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Kojima, for not making Rose the handler for this. After playing Metal Gear Solid 2, holy fuck.

Edited by turbojet

Can we not bring up how bad MGS2 was with those two? Raiden's just now gaining acceptance, I don't want to be reminded of the scrappy he used to be.

Thank you, Kojima, for not making Rose the handler for this. After playing Metal Gear Solid 2, holy fuck.

Rose and Raiden's relationship in that game is the reason love SHOULDN'T bloom on the battlefield.

I just bought MGS2 awhile ago and its for these reasons why I'm reluctant to actually play it.

Considering that this is after MGS4, where Raiden is actually cool now, the way he was in MGS2 is irrelevant at this point.

How the hell would anyone be reluctant to play as a badass cyborg ninja who loves chopping bad guys up without a care?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Considering that this is after MGS4, where Raiden is actually cool now, the way he was in MGS2 is irrelevant at this point.

How the hell would anyone be reluctant to play as a badass cyborg ninja who loves chopping bad guys up without a care?

He's not talking about Rising, he's talking about MGS2. No matter how good MGS4 and Rising may be it still doesn't undo the awkward cringe inducing dialogue.

Unless you constantly press R2 every time Rose pops up on the Codec.

He's not talking about Rising, he's talking about MGS2.

My bad. Didn't sound like that from how he worded it.

No matter how good MGS4 and Rising may be it still doesn't undo the awkward cringe inducing dialogue.

Never said it did, but it goes to show that his character was revamped for the better as of now and that he's at the very least redeemed from his MGS2 self.

zYMKk.jpg

"Jack, do you remember the day we met?"

You know what was great about MGS3?

1) It had really good codec conversations, unlike the boring/cringeworthy ones in MGS2. Para-Medic was ten times better than Rose.

2) It also got rid of the boring cutscenes that were in MGS2. The cutscene in MGS3 where Snake first meets young Ocelot, is lengendary.

3) In MGS3 you meet a Russian character who is a blatant knock off of Raiden. You can kill him if you want to and it doesn't effect the story.

Oh, and whilst Rose is less annoying in MGS4, her role in the codec conversations was effectively pointless.

Edited by NightwingFox

Here's what I remember about the MGS series by codec conversations.

MGS1: "Hey Snake, do you know how to climb ladders? It's very important that you remember your training and lots of Chinese provebs. Also, can love bloom on the battlefield?"

MGS2: "Remember when Godzilla climbed the Empire State Building?" "IT WAS KING KONG YOU FUCKING IDIOT." "LET ME BE IN YOUR LIFE AGAIN."

MGS3: "James Bond."

MGS4: "This hot chick you just shot up had a really tragic backstory that I know in gruesome detail for some reason. BLU-RAY LOLOLOLOL!!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

1) It had really good codec conversations, unlike the boring/cringeworthy ones in MGS2. Para-Medic was ten times better than Rose.

"Well, let me tell you about the absolute worst, most sickening nightmare I ever had. This one isn't for the kids. OK, so there's this huge pile of crap, right? It's shaped like a giant tank, and it's walking around on two legs, goin' on a rampage and stompin' on people and houses and stuff.

And this giant turd is carrying the nastiest missiles you ever saw. Like whenever it launches one of its turd missiles... whatever it hits - people, trees, buildings - turns into shit. My hometown, my old school, my family, my girlfriend, old man John... Everything in that turd's path turned into shit."

Sigint, man.

Oh, and whilst Rose is less annoying in MGS4, her role in the codec conversations was effectively pointless.

Cause and effect both in the same sentence.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Yes, Rose was annoying, but she had a fucking point. It would be a double standard to blame her and specifically her for Raiden's distant behavior. There are points where I am infuriated at Raiden for not giving her a sufficient answer. I mean fuck. As his girlfriend for what I suspect for awhile, she should already know some of this stuff. She shouldn't be asking the questions that she is asking. In a way, I understand where she is coming from, I just wish she didn't make it so damn awkward.

And honestly, who in the hell would force someone to be supervised by their girlfriend or significant other? Just think about it for a second. You have a sweet job, get paid well, and the benefits are nice, but your girlfriend is now technically your superior officer and monitors every move you do. Ladies and Gentlemen, Kojima redefined Hell.

I mean every aspect of it is bad. You get a badass handle like Raiden and she insists to downplay the badassery and call him Jack. She teases him about how "cute" he is in front of his superior. Everything about this arrangement is fucking emasculating. This has got to be a cruel joke. Poor Raiden.

Edited by turbojet

It would be a double standard to blame her and specifically her for Raiden's distant behavior. There are points where I am infuriated at Raiden for not giving her a sufficient answer. I mean fuck.

Well to be fair no one ever said Raiden's impact from that game wasn't felt either. It was probably even bigger thanks to the shoes he had to fill. As Yahtzee so eloquently put it as a reaction to their appearance in MGS4, "Mr. and Ms. Oh-Christ-Not-You-Cunts-Again".

Well to be fair no one ever said Raiden's impact from that game wasn't felt either. It was probably even bigger thanks to the shoes he had to fill. As Yahtzee so eloquently put it as a reaction to their appearance in MGS4, "Mr. and Ms. Oh-Christ-Not-You-Cunts-Again".

I haven't played MGS4 yet. I'm still in MGS2 and I am already exasperated.

I am kinda glad Rose was there actually. In fact I love everything about MGS2. I think its an awesome game with well written dialouge and coversations. Probably count me as biased because I infact loved the long cut scenes and codec sequences. The funny thing alot of people don't notice (Until Ocelot tells you) is that the whole game is basically MGS1(Shadow Moses) just re-orchestrated. When you sat there and thought about it, it made alot of sense.

tumblr_mdtat101kX1rwitpzo1_1280.jpg

North American fans who order from GameStop , and Japanese fans who order the limited edition get Grey Fox DLC costume.

Edited by Falco

Konami, you are just as bad as Sega when it comes to a bonus package in North America.

North American limited edition

131150_10151110006000986_1529000073_o.jpg

Japanese limited edition

306535_10151064537646436_210941464_n.jpg

European limited edition

45656.jpg

Something tells me that White Raiden figure is going to be extremely rare.

Edited by Falco

So America only gets a plasma lamp while the other two get action figures...first Sonic shorts us, now MGS. Lame.

At least I can still purchase the figure from Play-Arts elsewhere, right? RIGHT?!

I hope the actual boxart uses the art from the box in Europe. The other two boxarts are ugly. I honestly just want it to have Shinkawa art.

How are we gonna get Grey Fox?

Edited by MarcelloF

Code

Also

New info and screenshots.

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/metal-gear-rising-screenshots-artwork

My personal favorite:

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/november-21-2012/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance_2012_11-21-12_041.jpg

Edit: http://www.metalgearsolidtv.com/2012/11/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-cyborg_21.html

Grey Fox coming to Europe too.

"To those wondering if the MG Rising Cyborg Ninja US pre-order skin is coming to the UK, don't worry. It'll be included in all EU versions."

And they get the best deal, considering they get a PLAY ARTS KAI in their limited edition.

Edited by Falco

The play arts KAI is being released as a stand alone figure, it's just his Rising colours and not the White armour version though, but at least you can still pick up a decent looking Raiden figure!

I'm kinda wanting that lamp too laugh.png

New interview with Platinum Games.

Lots of new info here.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/28/platinum-games-talks-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/

PlayStation.Blog: Revengeance enables you to slice anything in the environment using Blade Mode. Was it technically challenging to create a game where players could cut anything? How did you fine tune the mechanic to make it work for the game?

Platinum Games: First of all, from a technical standpoint there were difficulties but that wasn’t the hardest part. The hardest thing was that once we introduced the mechanic to cut anything, it is very hard to maintain a good game balance. That´s what we struggled with the most.

The game’s concept is being able to cut anything at will, so being able to combine that with the gameplay and maintain a good balance, and have the player cut things in a way that felt natural and flow with the gameplay was a challenge both technically and mechanically.

PSB: Let’s talk about gameplay progression. Does Raiden unlock new abilities and skills during missions?

PG: In Revengeance there´s a customization system where you can customize your character, which opens a lot of possibilities to gameplay. So the answer is no, you don’t have all the moves from the beginning of the game.

PSB: In the new trailer we saw a glimpse at some of the game’s boss encounters. Are they designed based on concepts we’ve seen in the other Metal Gear games? Or did you take a different approach for Revengeance?

PG: One thing that makes a boss unique this time is his or her weapons. We’ll use one boss as an example — Mistral, who has a very unique weapon that can be used as a staff or a whip. So you need to figure out the right strategy to fight against these weapons.

And from a Metal Gear series standpoint, the other bosses usually had a theme: Dead Cell, or Cobra Unit, for example. This time the theme is superhuman cyborg enemies, and is how these enemies clash with Raiden — both on the physical aspect, and ideologically.

PSB: In an old trailer for Revengeance, we see Raiden using a staff similar to the one Mistral is using. Does this mean players will gain special weapons from defeating bosses?

PG: Yes, that’s a very good observation! That means when you destroy the bosses, there are certain weapons you will be able to use.

PSB: What’s the role of LQ-84i in the game? Can we use it as another character or as a support item, like the Mark II in MGS4?

PG: The LQ-84i first appears as an enemy, you have to fight it. After that point, if you defeat it, one of your comrades remodels and reprograms it to serve as an ally. You won’t be able to directly control it, but LQ-84i will be a support character through the game.

PSB: We saw in the demo that the Codec seems to be more dynamic in Rising. What prompted that decision?

PG: First of all, what you are playing now is the beginning of the game, so there are a lot of tutorials. We don’t want to give you the impression that you will be overloaded by all these Codec conversations during the rest of the game. They will come in from time to time, but they won’t slow the action and they will flow naturally.

PSB: At what time during the development process did you decide to switch from a story between MGS2 and MGS4 to a story set after MGS4? Why does this timeline work best for the game?

PG: The original story was set between MGS2 and MGS4, but when Kojima Productions decided to partner with Platinum Games, Mr. [Kenji] Saito said that we don’t want to focus on the past. He wanted us to lean forward, to focus on something in the future.

And we took that feedback from Mr. Saito. If we focused on the time between MGS2 and MGS4, we would be limiting the story. If we pushed it to the future, it would open up new possibilities. But to be honest, Mr. Saito didn’t want to change the story — he still would have liked to have it in that era.

PSB: At the end of the trailer, we saw Raiden entering a sewer in what appeared to be a Mexican city. Will Mexico factor into the game?

PG: Within the game, Raiden travels around the world to battle in different areas. And yes, one of them is Mexico.

Edited by Falco
  • Thumbs Up 2