Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

Yes we know, he'd said Solid Snake will be in the next MGS game,

but we don't know when MGS5 takes place. It could be like MGS3 and be another prequel.

The way he was talking about it in the interview made it sound like he was planning on placing it afterwards "We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots"

If it was taking place before Guns of the Patriots, then it wouldn't have mattered whether Snake died at the end of the game or not. I admit it could be taking place beforehand, it just didn't sound like it to me.

Edited by Emerald Chaos

The MGS 5 artwork we've seen so far has Big Boss on it. And we've seen some Fox Engine screens of him in a jungle.

But, Snake obviously found Madnar who then cured him!!! OK? Snake will never die! Never!!!! *cries*

Played this yesterday. It was fun but clearly not done. When I went crazy on a giant watermelon, the game crashed and the loading times were awful. The sign under it said it was 60% finished.

But the game is great. Fighting felt intuitive and free cut mode took a bit to get used to (I kept trying to just point my sword in the right direction and let go so he'd slice, but you have to do the movement yourself), but was really fun. I was a bit stupid with the Hammerhead helicopter. I kept trying to deflect rockets and kept getting hit by them because of that xD The rocket launcher confused me. I aimed, but then decide not to shoot, but when I tried to aim again, I couldn't. I assume Raiden tosses it out after you aim, or I was doing something wrong. Slicing the helicopter up was awesome.

I didn't play many games, but this was definitely my favorite. It was worth the two hour wait in line, at least as worth it as it gets.

• Thumbs Up 5

How were the QTEs?

If there's one thing that makes me cautious about playing a game, it's the QTEs and I'm generally not a fan of them.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

There was nothing I'd really consider a QTE in the demo.

Here's a video of the first part

This video skips the guy getting the code.. Can you guess where it was?

It was in the cardboard box.

And second part:

http://www.youtube . com/watch?v=212Ix6B8Ewc&feature=plcp

And Helicopter fight:

http://www.youtube . com/watch?v=YA93zj2G8yY

Get rid of the spaces in the links.

While you hold RT, you have to hold forward, so it's just like going in to ninja run mode to walk ontop of the missles. When you jump you have to into free cut mode to cut it up. (And I guess you can deflect the rockets >_>. And the idea to use free cut mode against them came to me on the drive home :-/)

I guess the part where Raiden falls off the bridge is a QTE, but that was it. Didn't bother me at all. Made sense for that part and everywhere I still have control over Raiden.

Still loving everything I've seen about this game, except for the theme song (or whatever that piece of music that plays in the trailers is). Can't wait to get my hands on both this and DmC when they come out. I need me some good hack n' slashers!

So I ninja run on the missiles. That's great. I think that was the one scene that I've seen so far that I had a bad impression on it thinking it would be done by QTE.

Now that I see that it's maunal, I have no problems with the other scenes I've seen so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Konami took the time to deconfirm the game getting a Vita version. Sort of out of the blue, although kind of interesting since they say the console is not powerful enough for the game.

Kojima Productions has said the PlayStation Vita doesn't have enough power to handle one of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's key components.

The spin-off features a free cutting system that gives players the ability to slice enemies in any way they wish. However, the Vita can't cope with the mechanic as it doesn't have enough power. Kojima Productions creative producer Yuji Korekado said:

"As of now we aren't considering a Vita version. The reason is one of the main appeals of Metal Gear Rising is this option of the free cut. That requires a lot of hardware power, which is only possible with the power of a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

"So as of now, we haven't contemplated bringing it to handheld consoles."

When asked whether Rising would offer any of the stealth or no kill challenges featured in past Metal Gear installments, Korekado confirmed a special in-game challenge that challenges players to kill enemies by delivering the least amount of damage possible.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which may eventually receive a PC version, is due for a release on February 19 in North America and February 21 in Europe.

Why would they even deconfirm something like that? Did I miss any crazy rumors or something?

The Konami games with Vita support would be FOX Engine developments, this is a Platinum endeavor that nobody expected to hit portables, their focus has always been PS360.

I am cautious about this game. It looks great but this ain't no MGS game.

Think of it as the RE4 of the series. Plays differently but god damn is it good.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

"We’re sure all seven people that own an Xbox 360 in Japan will be devastated."

No other words were more appropriate.

I am cautious about this game. It looks great but this ain't no MGS game.

So this game is right up my alley then?

So this game is right up my alley then?

Based on the article on Shadzter's post: 'We’re sure all seven people that own an Xbox 360 in Japan will be devastated."

- I think I had the right idea when I said cautious...

Based on the article on Shadzter's post: 'We’re sure all seven people that own an Xbox 360 in Japan will be devastated."

- I think I had the right idea when I said cautious...

... What?

... What?

All I am saying is that Metal Gear Solid: Rising was cancelled and I hope that Revengeance isn't cancelled as well.

All I am saying is that Metal Gear Solid: Rising was cancelled and I hope that Revengeance isn't cancelled as well.

.......Those are the same game. It was just renamed.

.......Those are the same game. It was just renamed.

They actually restarted the game with a new team.

Edited by MarcelloF

The reason there's no 360 release in japan has very little to do with the actual quality of the game, it's more that barely anyone in japan has a 360 so they don't bother releasing the titles to begin with.

Dark Souls is another (very good) game that didn't see the light of day on xbox in japan.

MGR is going to rule, mark my words. It'll rule with a revengeanceeee

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that a new Metal Gear at 4:35?

:o Looks insect-like..

Cool trailer. Loved that they showed a lot of gameplay. I definitely can't wait for this. I was happy to see the typical MGS comedic trailer end.