Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

No-one's posted the boxart that leaked on the Xbox Live Marketplace yesterday yet?

Here it is -

128.jpg

128.jpg

They need scissors! 61!

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 4

Let's get some info up in this thread

2132417112view.jpg

Rising takes place between Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Famitsu pointed out that at this point in the series' chronology, Raiden has begun a change to cyborg form, which is how he's decpited in MGS4. However, Matsyama noted, the Raiden we see in Rising looks markedly different from the Raiden we see in MGS4. Rising will clue us in on the events that made Raiden change from is Rising self to his MGS4 self.

As a cyborg, Raiden needs power. And the E3 trailer showed one way he gets his juice -- by sucking up the energy from fallen cyborg foes.

This is where the strategy of your slashes comes into play. When you fight a cyborg or mech foe, you'll end up with different things for Raiden to suck up depending on where you slash. You'll need to be strategic in the kinds of slashes you make.

Outside of slashing away at cyborg troops, you can also slash more complex objects, like cars for instance. Matsuyama explained that giving the player the ability to do this required that they render the innards of objects, even modeling areas they'd usually not model.

There's more to the game than just fighting, he said. In fact, you're free to play like a more conventional Metal Gear Solid game, advancing stealthily. Those who are more confident in their action skills, however, can choose to charge right in at enemy groups.

You're actually not just fighting cyborgs and mechanical foes in Rising. You'll also find human foes. You are free to slash away at these foes. However, Matsuyama did note that they're keeing in mind the difference between chopping up a cyborg and chopping up a human.

One of the fundamental ideas of the game, said Kimura, is to not endorse mindless killing, and to extol the virtues of disabling enemies rather than killing them. This is similar to the conventional Metal Gear games, he noted. They wanted to try out a number of new things with Rising, but this is one area they wanted to keep unchanged.

Getting more specific with gameplay, Kimura said that there would be some "no kill" elements contained within the gameplay systems.

Today Konami has a press event, don't they?

No-one's posted the boxart that leaked on the Xbox Live Marketplace yesterday yet?

Here it is -

128.jpg

128.jpg

I checked the Xbox Live Marketplace a couple days ago and it didn't show this picture. Instead, all it showed was the logo. Nothing else. The cover art does look pretty awesome though.

Anyway, my thoughts on Metal Gear Rising. It looks good so far. I'm interested to see how it will turn out, but I hate it how most people are complaining that it's going to be a hack-and-slash. You don't know that yet. It might become a stealth game with hack-and-slash elements. You never know.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

E3 Trailer come and go, and new scans from Famitsu showing some new shots of the game.

40.jpg41.jpg42.jpg43.jpg

Information likely will be translated fairly soon.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

• 1 year later...

Yeah so it looks like the game was rebooted with a new name. i think a topic name change is in order...

Hmm, wonder whats changed to make them change the name?...

I mean was rising's old concept just thrown out and are they starting new with a similar concept?

Edited by goku262002

I'm not a Metal Gear fan and took in interest in Rising prior to today. But I admit I came from that trailer. It'll be the spirtual Bayonetta 2 until we get an actual Bayonetta 2, so I'll be adding it to my want list now.

There are but three video game companies that I will purchase any game from simply for having their name on the box: Valve, Retro Studios and Platinum Games. So for that much the game's already on my wishlist. That being said, the gameplay looks awesome, but it doesn't exactly look like it fits into the Metal Gear series tone. I never really found interest in the games that weren't directed by Kojima because, while he's terrible at writing for games, his style has a unique identity that almost mixes the real and surreal in a Watchmenish sort of way- real world struggles and issues with superpowers and mindfucks, unafraid to delve into touchy themes like violence and sexuality, sometimes even too far- Kojima seems to have a penchant for killing young and attractive women.

Platinum, meanwhile, is more like Japan's Michael Bay. I mean, they were clearly able to tell an epic and subtle story in Okami, but MGS:Rising looks more along the ranks of MadWorld and Vanquish. And mixed with a troubled character and ideas of "revengance", I have to wonder if the writing will bring back memories of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Dammit! I missed the chance to see that new trailer!

They blocked... EVERY. SINGLE. YOUTUBE UPLOAD!

I just HAD to be called into work today!

*Waits patiently for VGA to show it again.*

*Lies about waiting patiently. Bounces like I'm on a sugar rush.*

Edited by Red-Nosed ReindeerUnity

Guys remember the concept of Rising still stands even if it has been rebooted. this game was never ment to be a stealth game to begin with that was Solid Snake's thing and it died with Old Snake. This game was ment to be more of a shorter, more action-type MG game with optional stealth elements.

But this REVENGEANCE reboot seems to taken out the stealth option all together for IN YO FACE action. wonder if the cut anything/everything element is still kept i want to still slice up watermelons and buildings!

And for people complaining about not seeing the trailer, go back a page and theres a glorious Megaupload link with your name on it.

Edited by goku262002