Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

Found these on NeoGAF:

cut-what-you-will-metal-gear-rising-tgs-2012-01.jpgcut-what-you-will-metal-gear-rising-tgs-2012-02.jpgcut-what-you-will-metsjq3z.jpg

So, the game takes place in 2018.

The woman is Mistral, the big guy is Sundowner and the magnet guy is Monsoon. All of them are named after weather conditions:

Sundowner (wind), a local wind condition in Southern California

Monsoon, A wind from the southwest or south that brings heavy rainfall to southern Asia in the summer.

Mistral, A dry cold northerly wind that blows in squalls toward the Mediterranean coast of southern France

Since it takes place in 2018, Sunny should be about 10.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see all these trailers and marketing material and the first thing I think is "FINALLY! A publisher who treats Platinum with the attention they deserve."

• Thumbs Up 3

@ 3:55

Holy shit, are they trying to give me an eyegasm?! Because it's working!

Seriously. They probably only called it Metal Gear Rising because Metal Gear Awesome was already taken.

It's called Rising because of what happens to your penis.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

It really says something when I guy like Raiden makes high heels look badass.

So I decided to pick up the ZoE HD collection today, and had a little fun with the MGR demo as well.

It is so fucking fantastic.

Blade mode took a little getting used to, but I mean Jesus, when they say you can cut up anything, they really meant it. And it's not as OP as I thought it was gonna be, because if you use it too much you can quickly run out of the energy to use it. But you can also gain it back by stealing energy from enemies or power-ups.

The boss music is awesome too. I mean god damn I just love everything about this demo, except for the parry system. That really should've been it's own button because using the control stick plus X can really mess you up if you're trying to defend yourself.

Pros:

Blade mode is awesome

Cutting up Geckos' into 100 piece is awesome

The combos are awesome

Cons:

The Parry System

Camera got in the way sometimes, but not too often

You having not played this demo yet

My disappointment of when it ended

I found the cardboard box in the training room too. It's cool how they kept in the iconic MG series stealth elements.

And judging from the story, I guess Raiden is slowly losing his freedom and becoming an AI? Or are they foreshadowing that something like that might happen? Whatever, love the new characters like Kevin and Boris.

• Thumbs Up 1

Played it for myself just now, and I completely agree with Nintendoga. I was already hyped for this game, but playing it was just fantastic. It is absolutely empowering. It's like Bayonetta and Metal Gear Solid had a baby and I love everything about it. February can not come soon enough.

So.........is this demo on XBLA or something else? Because I tried to find it, and could not.

So.........is this demo on XBLA or something else? Because I tried to find it, and could not.

It came with the Zone of the Enders HD Collections.

I can't wait for this but ya know I am kinda upset that the US is getting a fucking lamp while europe gets a sick raiden statue. God I fucking hate when they do that shit. Don't get me wrong, the lamp actually looks cool, but the miniature statue looks even better.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 2

I can't wait for this but ya know I am kinda upset that the US is getting a fucking lamp while europe gets a sick raiden statue. God I fucking hate when they do that shit. Don't get me wrong, the lamp actually looks cool, but the miniature statue looks even better.

I know right? I'm almost to the point of importing, but it's already such an expensive thing that I'm not even sure I'll go for it in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I played the demo twice last night- it was GODDAMN AWESOME. Where to begin? Fluid combat controls, awesome enemies and battle flow, badass boss fight, kickass soundtrack and the simple visceral thrill of slicing things in twain. I was also impressed with how Kojima-esque the writing was despite his limited involvement with the game. The characters are well written too; I can already tell I'm going to like Kev.

That said, it wasn't perfect; there were times I was a bit frustrated with it. For starters, the interface beyond the most core combat and movement controls isn't explained by the tutorial and it took me a while to figure out that blade mode had limited slow down time which was measured by the blue bar. And the parry system I don't even get. Also, blade mode has horrible depth perception; the feel of entering bullet time only to discover you're an inch out of range of your target is nothing short of anticlimactic. I can't say these don't detract from the core experience, but the rest of the combat is so well paced and visceral that I'm not disatisfied either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've actually somewhat gotten used to using the Parry system, there's a time when you have to either wait a few seconds for an enemy to attack, or continue lashing out at them and try running away before getting hit. Timing is the key. But boy that B button sure is lonely. It's just begging to be a Parry button.

I can't believe I spent like 20 minutes running from two Gecckos' around the map. It's like an extreme game of hide and seek...of DEATH

It is technically currently cheaper for me to import that version of the game, get tracked 2-4 days shipping, and get much cooler bonuses.

...this game will probably be region-free, right? :P

This game looks so fucking cool, I'm hoping somewhere done the line we get a Wii-U release.

Edited by Soniman

Is Zone of the Enders region locked outside of US? i was gonna import it here for the collector's edition and Rising demo, but can't find out if it'll work on my PAL 360?