Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

Yeah, you said that already. But fact is, stealth is a big factor in the franchise. A lot of people love it, because of being able to have the choice to go through the game stealthily or shooting people down. Taking it out will understandably piss people off.

Metal Gear Ac!d changed the genre, too, but it also kept the stealth components. That's how it should be done. Because like it or not, the Metal Gear indicates at the stealth gameplay, not the Solid and this game is called Metal Gear Rising.

And now I go back to my previous point; complaining about this is like complaining about Mario Kart not having enough platforming. It's a spin-off that offers a canon story to keep fans of the series interested, with a wildly different type of gameplay to introduce others into the Metal Gear franchise. This topic alone is proof of that. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a spinoff anyway, and it isn't made by Kojipro: The next main-series stealth based game is still on its way. This merely exists to make the wait less painful for Metal Gear fans, and to introduce others to Metal Gear.

I hate the feel of it. If you stop to think about it though, like really think about the ninja characters in this series, this is the only way a game like this could play. That said, this is an epic team-up. I like that it's no longer a betweenquel also.

Edited by Sufganiyah

Is this supposed to mean something different just because you've said it for the third time?

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to change my argument; do you want me to use different examples? Gladly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to change my argument; do you want me to use different examples? Gladly.

You do realize that all those games still have their basics right? As in Sonic has to race, you still gotta catch pokemon, and Mario still has to jump on something. No reason why Metal Gear can't have its classic stealth that its known for.

So if its not an interqual anymore, whats the story about?!

The only thing I got from the trailer is that Raiden got called off and someone from both Raiden and Solidus Snake's past is around, as in Raiden being a child soldier and Solidus mass producing Metal Gear RAYs, and he's around to make sure Raiden's life isn't easy. But that's all I got so far. I could be wrong big time. tongue.png

Edited by Nuclear Winter

You do realize that all those games still have their basics right? As in Sonic has to race, you still gotta catch pokemon, and Mario still has to jump on something. No reason why Metal Gear can't have its classic stealth that its known for.

And yet none of us have any single clue over how the game is structured and whether or not it will have stealth elements.

The intentions of the original game, before it's reboot, was to still retain a degree of stealth action. We've seen all but 10 seconds of actual game play which is probably only in a beta phase by now. I'd figure that a new Metal Gear experience, with a lot of focus on it's action, wants to have it's major world reveal actually show off that.

On another note, Kojima is going to have an interview about the game on Wednesday.

• Thumbs Up 4

The only thing I got from the trailer is that Raiden got called off and someone from both Raiden and Solidus Snake's past is around, as in Raiden being a child soldier and Solidus mass producing Metal Gear RAYs, and he's around to make sure Raiden's life isn't easy. But that's all I got so far. I could be wrong big time. tongue.png

Oooooor y'know, just remake the first 2 metal gear games. just saiyan...

Anybody liking the logo? its reminding me too much of Transformers meets Terminator kind of font. i liked MGSR's logo look better to be honest.

I actually liked MGSR's old logo to be honest, but given the problems that went on in designing the game it really can't be helped.

Didn't they say there was going to be another trailer on Monday? Or am I completely off the mark in asking that?

So somethings been bugging me.

This game is no longer a interquel but a sequel to MGS4.

At the end of 4, we see Raiden fully restored to a human(?) body, meeting up with his wife and kid, and getting told he was trolled this whole time for the sake of his mission. he says he is done running and they live happy ever after...

If this story now takes place after MGS4, why is he back in cyborg black and acting like hes got nothing to lose and reverting back to his child soldier state of mind? unless something tragic happened...

As GeneHF from Retro puts it:

I have a nagging feeling Rose and/or John are dead.

Kojima, I demand explanations!

Also, new speculation: Guy with the black hair and ponytail is related to Vamp. Brother maybe?...

• Thumbs Up 1

So somethings been bugging me.

This game is no longer a interquel but a sequel to MGS4.

At the end of 4, we see Raiden fully restored to a human(?) body, meeting up with his wife and kid, and getting told he was trolled this whole time for the sake of his mission. he says he is done running and they live happy ever after...

If this story now takes place after MGS4, why is he back in cyborg black and acting like hes got nothing to lose and reverting back to his child soldier state of mind? unless something tragic happened...

As GeneHF from Retro puts it:

Kojima, I demand explanations!

Also, new speculation: Guy with the black hair and ponytail is related to Vamp. Brother maybe?...

Exactly what I began to wonder after the "OMG SO COOL" effect of the trailer worn off. If this is like a cool "What if" scenario in an alternate timeline or whatever for the series, then that's all well and good, but otherwise you kinda can't ignore that Raiden should be better and with Rose. Should be interesting.

Also, guy with the black hair and ponytail = Cyborg Vamp, calling it now.

Well Alternate Universe seniaros aren't uncommon in Metal Gear. Naming a few: Metal Gear: Snakes Revenge, Metal Gear (Solid) Ghost Babel, and Metal Gear Ac!d 1&2.

And i don't think it can be Vamp himself considering what happened to him. thats why i'm thinking vengeful brother or something...

Edited by goku262002

To the people whinging about the new 'Revengence' subtitle, I believe it is just an example of Zan-datsu, the whole 'Cut and take' thing shown in the e3 2010 trailer. Only applied to english instead of cyborgs.. but anyway.

Also, with this new dude looking like Vamp, Hideo's done this in the past (had a character look a biiit like an exisisting charcter) with Johnny/Akiba in MGS4, the first trailer that showed him had the fans going nuts thinking he was yet another Snake clone, or in fact Raiden in disguise.

He was still a cyborg, he was just in a "shell" that appeared more human. I'm pretty sure you can see seams on him and maybe a barcode somewhere. The only biological parts of him now are the top of his head and his spinal cord.

He was still a cyborg, he was just in a "shell" that appeared more human. I'm pretty sure you can see seams on him and maybe a barcode somewhere. The only biological parts of him now are the top of his head and his spinal cord.

I have to say, I'm still curious about how the original Rising would've played out its stealth. They say that it wasn't going the way they wanted, but man I can't help but wondering what the unfinished works played like beyond the fighting scenes they showed in their first trailers.

As for this being set after MGS4...yeah, Konami's got some 'splainin to do.

Extended trailer with an extra 20 or so seconds of footage.

The ending was truly the one thing lacking during the VGA presentation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh. That felt a little lazy seeing just that small bit at the end of the "extended" trailer.

Although, it not being a heavily action packed scene does leave one to wonder if there will actually be some stealth elements. But I'm probably just getting my hopes up as I'm hearing all across the net they flat out threw the whole stealth away and only went for the action here, and if that's true then we're seeing a full-blown DMC version of Metal Gear Solid come next year.

Kind of a double edged sword here: on one hand, no stealth. On the other, intense hack'n'slash. I'm itching to hear some new details, because we've been starved of it from this game since Peace Walker.

But I'm probably just getting my hopes up as I'm hearing all across the net they flat out threw the whole stealth away and only went for the action here, and if that's true then we're seeing a full-blown DMC version of Metal Gear Solid come next year.

I haven't seen anything mentioned that implies that they did. They just said they wanted a more intense action experience.

Also there's some additional footage prior to Raiden grabbing hold of the Metal Gear that shows character movement. Looks like a slicker, faster paced Vanquish, which I can totally get behind.

So this is what NG3 was suppose to be. I knew it. That explains why the NG3 tecmo is making really lacks.

Konami:

"Hrnng... this game isn't fun. And no one seems to even care about it. But we'd look stupid if we canceled the game this late... don't want to be like Capcom.... I've got it! We'll cut our losses. Get Platinum Games to create another Devil May Cry clone and stick Raiden in it, and we'll start devoting all our resources to Metal Gear Solid 5. That's what people want, right?"

Actually, after finally watching the trailers and interviews about this game, I'm looking forward to it. Platinum Games is a high quality developer, and when they were still known as Clover Studios, produced my favorite beat 'em up game of all time: Viewtiful Joe. The videos so far make the game look quick, fun, and as over the top as possible. It even looks better than the new DmC reboot, in every area.

The Metal Gear franchise has been steadily getting less and less realistic since the very first game, and this actually feels like a pretty natural progression after seeing the crazy shit Raiden pulled in the MGS4 cutscenes. Considering how fast and far technology advances in this series, its no surprise to me that ol' Snake is so vastly outclassed by Raiden. I just hope the story doesn't suffer from having to be re-written from scratch.

The bottom line is, this is very much a game for people who like the Metal Gear Solid series as a whole, not just one or two games. It's also a game for people who just want a high-quality slash-em up which doesn't copy paste from the God of War mold. If the game is as fun to play as it looks, I myself have nothing to worry about, aside from the aforementioned story, which isn't worth worrying about yet since we know nothing of it.

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree