Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

I'm pretty confident in it- more so since watching that interview since the collaborating developers seem to have a clear understanding of each other's general dynamic, including their respective strengths and weaknesses and Platinum actually has a clear end goal as far as the design goes. And better of them to realize that the project was going nowhere and try to get help than spend a decade in denial like 3D Realms.

Edited by SuperStingray

Platinum: Metal Gear Rising lead platform is PS3

Intends to avoid Bayonetta mistakes.

http://www.eurogamer...platform-is-ps3

The reason why fans saw the game played using an Xbox 360 controller in the making of videos Konami released this week is because that's what the development team uses to control the game on PC, which is used for cross-platform development.

The Xbox 360 controller is the only official option - Inaba said he would like someone to make an official PS3 solution, too.

Ooooooh, a PC version would be absolutely delicious. I hope it happens in some way =(

Don't PS3 -> 360 ports usually have problems?

I hope that this game still has multiplatform in mind and not give us 360 owners a shoddy stripped down port because were not apart of the PS3 master race or something.

Bump.

25 minute vidoc about rising's development. get comfy...

19:57, I saw Raiden running around and up the walls like Alex Mercer.

So maybe losing the stealth doesn't seem so bad if we can get even more freedom of movement than the previous Metal Gear games have given us. I always found it a bit saddening that you were still restricted in movement when there is more world around you to run around in, and it seems this collaboration may give us that.

However, that interview almost made it look as if Kojima was the very key necessary to keep the old Rising alive if he were to be the strong leader and have the teams work well together. So that says two things, Kojima is very essential to their group (which is why they wanted him to be involved with the project), yet at the same time, that group needs to learn how to go on without Kojima leading them.

Of course this gave us a silver lining of having Platinum work on the games. So it's still in the designing phase, and we may see more. We may not get the stealth, but this is looking more like Prototype meets DMC/Bayonetta, and it's hard to dislike something like that.

And I would really jizz if Platinum actuallly found a way to incorporate stealth into the game design like Kojima wanted. That would be a hell of a game to play for years to come.

So the game is 60fps and Kamiya is working on another thing. Oh my. The action genre lover in me is pleased with this turn of events.

That's a great idea, Platinum. It seems much easier to port from PS3 to 360 than vice versa.

It's also where most of their fanbase is, so makes sense to focus on the main SKU. Moreso when your titles aren't (unfortunately) the kind of super huge IPs that let you get away by name alone.

I hope that this game still has multiplatform in mind and not give us 360 owners a shoddy stripped down port because were not apart of the PS3 master race or something.

Platinum's track with multiplatform games is flawless thus far, with barely any significant differences between versions.

"Track" being Vanquish since Bayonetta wasn't a multiplat development.

Platinum's track with multiplatform games is flawless thus far, with barely any significant differences between versions.

"Track" being Vanquish since Bayonetta wasn't a multiplat development.

Alright then as long as Platinum has both consoles in mind its a non-issue.

*deleted*

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree

Don't do that! Now I cannot sleep without unraveling the mysteries of the deleted post :C

I'm thinking it was a dig at Bayonetta PS3. :o!

I'm thinking it was a dig at Bayonetta PS3. ohmy.png!

Hence why I conducted a pre-emptive strike on that matter. I guess this evidences people don't bother reading my posts past the first line.

Which would let me say anything I want afterwards with no consequences!

penis

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh god now we will never know what he said, this is truly a nightmare! Now I'll never get to sleep tonight :(...

Any news on this game recently?

Well, we had a massive blowout + developer change confirmation after months of silence a week ago.

In the meanwhile, here's a fine picture of Raiden posing with his butt

AgwO15gCIAA_OuN.jpg

If I'm allowed to run and jump around most of the buildings and streets in that image, I may just re-ignite even more of my interests in this game.

• 2 weeks later...

The Metal Gear fan in me doesn't like the new direction, with even less grounding in reality, but even worse, it kind of gives the impression that this game doesn't even have Metal Gear's typical thoughtfulness. Well, doesn't seem to. We'll see. It reminds me a lot of an action game that seemed very thoughtful, which brings me to my next point...

So this is what NG3 was suppose to be. I knew it. That explains why the NG3 tecmo is making really lacks.

It actually reminds me more of a new Strider game, which is funny considering that one was being hinted at often by Capcom PR, and then the hints stopped. Basically, it sounds like they were developing one, then it was canceled. Raiden taking out the Rex so easily gave me a real "You're joking, you sent a toy into combat" vibe. By the way, that was Strider's line upon Tonpu pointing out that the bad guy's giant airship assured their victory.

I guess it can't be helped, though I kind of do wish that Kojima had looked at western developers about finishing this game. Perhaps Rocksteady.

I don't see what's so "not grounded in reality" about this compared to the other entries in the series.

Raiden managed to hold off the goddamn Arsenal Gear in Metal Gear Solid 4 which was bigger than 25 Metal Gear Rays combined.

Throwing Ray in the air is fucking cake compared to that. Nothing about this is holding up any more willing suspension of disbelief compared to the other games.

I don't see what's so "not grounded in reality" about this compared to the other entries in the series.

Raiden managed to hold off the goddamn Arsenal Gear in Metal Gear Solid 4 which was bigger than 25 Metal Gear Rays combined.

Throwing Ray in the air is fucking cake compared to that. Nothing about this is holding up any more willing suspension of disbelief compared to the other games.

There's also a villain Walking on water in the middle of the ocean and on water that has no bouyancy.

A foe who exists in spirit while you walk through a river with the souls of those you killed.

A man who can shoot a tremendous amount of lightning from his fingertips without melting his fingers or killing people from the heat alone.

This series is on magical realism; there's the reality right next to the unrealistic and it meshes them well together.

• 1 month later...

Picked up the new issue of GamesMaster. Here's their preview of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance:

scan0010a.th.jpg

scan0011du.th.jpg

scan0012m.th.jpg

scan0013rg.th.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's GamesMaster Issue 248 March 2012.

• 2 months later...

Oh wow that looks amazing. I do prefer this Raiden compared to the MGS 2 version (doesn't everyone). I know this game will be very different to previous MGS games, but it has a lot to live up to.