Awoo.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Patticus

*opens SMG2*

Oh hi SSMB! Didn't see you there, I'm just about to play SMG2, which ShopTo sent early for some reason. ;)

Sooo excited!! :D :D :D I hope others who ordered from ShopTo get their copies today aswell! :D

I hope you and everyone else who has the game enjoys it. I think it's fun, and I bet the peoples in Europe must be happy to have it now. I'll still be the person to bring up why I think Mario Galaxy 2 is a "Great but not amazing" game when more peeps here have finished playing it all the way through.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Just started the Green Star Hunt. It's actually really neat, I love just looking for stars with no real level end goal.

Game is still amazing, still best I have ever played. Don't be such a downer Dusk.

Just started the Green Star Hunt. It's actually really neat, I love just looking for stars with no real level end goal.

Game is still amazing, still best I have ever played. Don't be such a downer Dusk.

What are the green stars?

What are the green stars?

After you finish the game with the 120 normal stars you unlock a set of 120 hidden green stars to find in the levels.

After you finish the game with the 120 normal stars you unlock a set of 120 hidden green stars to find in the levels.

I thought they were hidden stars for luigi to get.

Well you can use Luigi to gte them if you want to.

Damn everyone in the UK who was lucky enough to receive their pre-ordered copy of the game today. You make MK very jealous! ;)

Just three more days to wait for us normal types who are actually picking it up in-store... I've got it pre-ordered in both GAME and HMV so I can decide on the day whether to go for the free t-shirt or the free tin, depending on the prices... and I have the afternoon off college (hopefully!) so it'll be a sweet, sweet day. :D

No. They're hidden around the levels, you have to hunt them down with Mario or Luigi.

Well, it would just look better…

Yes, we know that moaning about the Wii’s graphics is akin to flogging a deceased steed, but it’s still a valid point, because, and this is a big one, it’s not 2003 anymore. Time, eh? It’s a bit of a drug. Anyway, Super Mario Galaxy 2, it must be said, already looks pretty good, but imagine it in HD. Go on. Close your eyes and have a good old think, and when you’re done, get nice and angry about the fact that Nintendo chose to make their latest console out of two GameCubes strapped together with a bit of masking tape.

This guy officially failed his eye test,

A sense of achievement

Listen, don’t kid yourselves into thinking that you don’t care about stars. You do. We know you do, because you’re an empty husk of a person who validates themselves with needless, crass, digital self-congratulatory fellation via the many asinine avenues afforded by the internet (but we still love you). Mario Galaxy 2 has more achievements than ever before, and yet what are you going to do when you collect all of these? Be happy, safe in the knowledge that you have achieved something? Ha. No one cares about being internally happy anymore, it’s all about transient braggadocchio, which is why we need achievements in our Mario.

IQ test,

Co-operation is key

Forget that ‘one player plays as the pointer’ co-op nonsense that Nintendo are foisting upon their army of infants, ’soccer moms’ and geriatrics. We could be looking at one of the greatest games of this generation, in full-fledged co-op with actual on-screen avatars, over the magic of Xbox Live rather than draconian, internet-fearing Friend Code system that seems to have been implemented solely due to the Brass Eye-esque paranoid delusion that the internet can, if unattended, actually eat children.

So there it is, three reasons why Super Mario Galaxy would be better on 360. Or, for that matter, any system not designed as some sort of cipher for pouring mostly banal gaming experiences into the eyes of unsuspecting biddies.

And logic.

Anyway, Super Mario Galaxy 2, it must be said, already looks pretty good, but imagine it in HD. Go on. Close your eyes and have a good old think, and when you’re done, get nice and angry about the fact that Nintendo chose to make their latest console out of two GameCubes strapped together with a bit of masking tape.

*closes eyes*

real-mario-face.jpg

BLEEEEEEERRRERREAAGH!!!!!!

One of the comments of the article:

well, we can dream, mario and zelda shouldnt have to be dragged down with the rest of nintendo, it will ruin them, you know what they say nintendo, if you love something, set it free.

I THINK Nintendo know what they're doing...

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

This guy officially failed his eye test, IQ test, And logic.

That's rich.

You really HD doesn't mean super realistic, right? SMG2 would've looked better on a 360, no argument.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

There's no argument on looks, yes. But the rest of the stuff he said is kind of piss poor. Either way, the article is still pretty stupid. Mario games WOULD look damn good in HD, though, with all the pretty colors and the fantasy environments.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Achievements isn't a real reason for a better game on 360. If SMG2 had great unlockables, (and it does have a couple) then that beats out achievements anyway.

If there's one thing I hate about achievements, it's that games don't have unlockables, secrets or easter eggs anymore. You just get a bigger e-peen instead.

As for the CoOp, it would be no better on 360. If Nintendo decided to use CoStar/Luma for CoOp mode on Wii, they would have done the same for 360. There's nothing stopping them from making a proper CoOp mode in the Wii version, it's a purposeful design choice.

2 more days for this game to come out for those who trek down to the shops and buys it =D seriously can't wait for it to come out all these videos on youtube of the game looks really awesome =D roll on friday =)

Damn everyone in the UK who was lucky enough to receive their pre-ordered copy of the game today. You make MK very jealous! ;)

Just three more days to wait for us normal types who are actually picking it up in-store... I've got it pre-ordered in both GAME and HMV so I can decide on the day whether to go for the free t-shirt or the free tin, depending on the prices... and I have the afternoon off college (hopefully!) so it'll be a sweet, sweet day. :D

Popped in HMV yesterday and their big pre-order display had the proper cardboard boxes the game will come in with £34.99 price labels on with the free t-shirt advertised, so a £5 price drop to what they were advertising before. Haven't seen an in-store price for GAME yet. I haven't pre-ordered myself as I'm low on funds so I'm going to have to leave the pre-order gifts and look at the cheaper options such as the supermarkets or hopefully Toys R Us will be generous and sell it at £26.99 on release day like they did with SMG 1.

Popped in HMV yesterday and their big pre-order display had the proper cardboard boxes the game will come in with £34.99 price labels on with the free t-shirt advertised, so a £5 price drop to what they were advertising before. Haven't seen an in-store price for GAME yet. I haven't pre-ordered myself as I'm low on funds so I'm going to have to leave the pre-order gifts and look at the cheaper options such as the supermarkets or hopefully Toys R Us will be generous and sell it at £26.99 on release day like they did with SMG 1.

It's £34.99 in HMV now? They were advertising £39.99 when I went in there just a couple of days ago... well, if that's the in-store price then I may well be swayed towards them as I would much prefer a t-shirt to a tin (assuming the t-shirt is of a wearable size... note to self: check before committing yourself).

It's £34.99 in HMV now? They were advertising £39.99 when I went in there just a couple of days ago... well, if that's the in-store price then I may well be swayed towards them as I would much prefer a t-shirt to a tin (assuming the t-shirt is of a wearable size... note to self: check before committing yourself).

Well at the video games section they still had the old £39.99 small notice but the new big display right at the entrance of the store with the empty retail box copies I mentioned in my previous post was advertising £34.99. As the entrance display is more up to date with lots of shelves full of price tagged empty retail boxes I'd say £34.99 will definitely be the final price at HMV. Hopefully they will have a variety of t-shirt sizes to choose from.

Well, that's 242! I've completed the game 100%. You get a pretty cool surprise for collecting the final star, too ;D

I can't honestly think of any game I've had this much fun with. It's pure brilliance.

That's rich.

You really HD doesn't mean super realistic, right? SMG2 would've looked better on a 360, no argument.

The "Real Mario" thing was mostly a joke, and I'm calling him blind because he's acting like Mario Galaxy isn't already the best looking game on the Wii.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, so I just learned that there are only 5 purple coin challenges and that the timer actually stops when you grab the last one(thank god).

Consider my little statement retracted.

• Thumbs Up 1

GAH FUCKIN' 242nd STAR! Grandmaster was hard enough WITH checkpoints and full health!

I felt pretty damn stupid afterward but I thought that to get the Comet Coin you had to use a cloud so I went through the whole level without getting hit or spinning to do it. Of course when I learned you just had to jump... well no fucking way I was going to keep trying the other way. But I managed to master most of the level that way, so I finished the Daredevil Run in one shot.

I still think the hardest level was probably Flip-Out Galaxy.

My plan for tomorrow:

- Finish college at lunchtime thanks to afternoon off

- Go straight to the shops

- Decide which is the best available deal (HMV's t-shirt/GAME's tin/other)

- Purchase said deal

- Go home

- Insert disc into Wii and play game

Sorted.

• Thumbs Up 1