Awoo.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Patticus

Hit my 200th star just yesterday. Really still loving these Green Star hunts, but I will be away from my Wii for aweek or two, so D:

Also at GameStop, they have the game up for play, someone beat fucking everything on it already, so I tried out Grandmaster Galaxy's Daredevil run.

is it supposed to be that easy? All you have to do is time shit. The only part I died on was the place with all the fucking Hammer Bros. because a hammer clipped me in the middle of a long jump XP.

Just got my 100th Star at Slimy Spring Galaxy, which I have to say is a really gorgeous stage. I actually felt like "wowing" at it. Obviously it's not HD or anything like that, just the way the stage was done.

Edited by SuperLink

Right I so need to set up a plan to get this game tomorrow morning XD

1. Go bed early so I can get up earlier around about 8:30 Gamestation opens at 9:00
  2. Get Dress super fast
  3. Get the 201 Bus down to hyde
  4. Run like Sonic to Game Station just as it's opening
  5. Grab SMG2 off the rack and run to the counter to the guy who looks like AAUK (No joke this guy who works at Gamestation Hyde strangely looks like AAUK)
  6. Run to the Bus stop wait for the 201 or 341, get on the bus and tell the driver to step on the gas and get me home quick
  7. Run of the bus after getting off run home and insert SMG2 in the Wii =D
  8. Then have the time of my life playing Nintendo's Best Mario game ever =D
Yeah gonna be a fun day tomorrow =D Edited by Crash

I just beat the Final boss with 105 Stars.

Final boss spoilers:

What the fuck? The music is epic but I barely got to hear it! What an insultingly easy final boss... I'm kinda disappointed at that.

My plan for tomorrow:

- Finish college at lunchtime thanks to afternoon off

- Go straight to the shops

- Decide which is the best available deal (HMV's t-shirt/GAME's tin/other)

- Purchase said deal

- Go home

- Insert disc into Wii and play game

- ???

- Profit

Sorted.

Fixed.

Also, I have al 242 stars and I'm playing each stage again with Luigi to get a better time.

I just beat the Final boss with 105 Stars.

Final boss spoilers:

What the fuck? The music is epic but I barely got to hear it! What an insultingly easy final boss... I'm kinda disappointed at that.

Yeah, my first time was stupendously easy too. However, on the second time, I messed up a TINY bit and Bowser came far too close to killing me. It's easy as long as you can hit him, Otherwise he can be on you quick.

The only good thing about the final boss was how quickly you had to move to get the final hit. Well not the final hit but the "final" hit.

Yeah, my first time was stupendously easy too. However, on the second time, I messed up a TINY bit and Bowser came far too close to killing me. It's easy as long as you can hit him, Otherwise he can be on you quick.

I don't agree, I missed and he still was to oeasy, his punch even misses most of the time.

Also I loved Slimy Spring Galaxy, my favorite Mario Galaxy.

ASDA win the Super Mario Galaxy 2 UK instore price war

Just got back from my local shopping centre with my copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, I checked the prices around all of the retailers that had it in stock and these were my findings from highest to lowest -

Argos: £39.99

GAME: £37.99

Gamestation: £37.99

The newly merged Currys PC World store: £34.99

Currys Digital: £34.99

HMV: £34.99 (Free T-shirt also available to non pre-order customers)

Toys R Us: £32.99 (Free Mario figurine also available to non pre-order customers)

Best Buy: £29.99

ASDA: £29.71

Got my copy from the ASDA since I can't afford the extra for the T-shirt right now. I also checked Sainsburys but as usual they haven't got the new games out on launch day morning <_< , the only time I've known them pull their fingers out are for GTA 4 and Modern Warfare 2. I checked Comet too but it seems they've got rid of their games display and only have a console display, I couldn't be bothered to go enquire with the staff as I can't see them beating ASDA's price especially as their website's prices are always full or average when it comes to games. I haven't got a Tesco, Morrisons or Blockbuster by me so I don't know what the prices are there but I can't see them beating ASDA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god yes. I'm finally off from school, summer break is on and I've just gotten back from the store with the delicious box in my lap. I can't wait to get started.

ASDA win the Super Mario Galaxy 2 UK instore price war

Just got back from my local shopping centre with my copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, I checked the prices around all of the retailers that had it in stock and tehse were my findings from highest to lowest -

Argos: £39.99

GAME: £37.99

Gamestation: £37.99

The newly merged Currys PC World store: £34.99

Currys Digital: £34.99

HMV: £34.99 (Free T-shirt also available to non pre-order customers)

Toys R Us: £32.99 (Free Mario figurine also available to non pre-order customers)

Best Buy: £29.99

ASDA: £29.71

Got my copy from the ASDA since I can't afford the extra for the T-shirt right now. I also checked Sainsburys but as usual they haven't got the new games out on launch day morning <_< , the only time I've known them pull their fingers out are for GTA 4 and Modern Warfare 2. I checked Comet too but it seems they've got rid of their games display and only have a console display, I couldn't be bothered to go enquire with the staff as I can't see them beating ASDA's price especially as their website's prices are always full or average when it comes to games. I haven't got a Tesco, Morissons or Blockbuster by me so I don't know what the prices are there but I can't see them beating ASDA.

Fuck my pre order at Gamestation now I'm going Asda instead =D, that such a great price this is why I love Asda sometimes screw Gamestation =D thanks Shadz for the prices made it alot cheaper for me now =D

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuck my pre order at Gamestation now I'm going Asda instead =D, that such a great price this is why I love Asda sometimes screw Gamestation =D thanks Shadz for the prices made it alot cheaper for me now =D

No probs ;) I get most of my games from ASDA now as they always do fantastic prices compared to the other retailers, especially GAME and Gamestation. I remember GAME and Gamestation sold the first game for £34.99 so they completely shocked me when I saw the £37.99 price sticker. Their greed never ceases to surprise me, I know Argos are doing it for £2 higher but it's not a usual thing with them like it is with GAME and Gamestation.

No probs ;) I get most of my games from ASDA now as they always do fantastic prices compared to the other retailers, especially GAME and Gamestation. I remember GAME and Gamestation sold the first game for £34.99 so they completely shocked me when I saw the £37.99 price sticker. Their greed never ceases to surprise me, I know Argos are doing it for £2 higher but it's not a usual thing with them like it is with GAME and Gamestation.

Yeah i've started to buy more from Asda now I went Gamestation on the release date of SC:Conviction looked around for it seen it about £40 or so in there and went to Asda got it £29:99 for the 360 so Asda are much better than most shops nowadays =), Anyway need to get off the computer and get to Asda in Hyde before it's sold out of SGM2 XD.

Edit: GOT IT XDDDD YAYA XD

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got the game a couple of hours ago, just beat World 1.

My thoughts so far? Wow. Just wow.

This game is everything I hoped it would be and more, and that's apparent from the first few stages alone. Despite my thoughts to the contrary, Starship Mario works far better than the Comet Observatory as a means of travelling between stages. Heck, even the wafer-thin story isn't bothering me as much as I thought it might - the gameplay is just so good.

Yoshi controls amazingly, the level design is now much more original and engaging, and the difficulty... well, they weren't wrong when they said they'd made it harder. I've died a few times already, though mostly in hilarious situations that were all my own fault. Dis game iz playing wiv mah mind!!!!11!!one!1!

So yeah. I love it. Better than Galaxy 1, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm about 23 stars in the game, and so far this game has exceeded my expectations. Again. The original Galaxy is inferior to this and I'm having a wondrous blast with the game.

My only worry now is how it will hold up after I finish the main quest. That was my main complaint with the original Galaxy, but the levels feel a lot more fun and inspired compared to the original. I think I can definitely see myself replaying this. Consider me fully pleased.

The ridiculously poor story is awesome.

Edited by Columind

I'm afraid I'd have to slightly (and I stress only slightly) disagree with you MK, I found the first few levels to be a little disappointing. They were good, don't get me wrong, but something about them made them feel (to me at least) a little linear. This feeling had gone after I'd gotten the first Yoshi star anyway, so it's not really worth complaining about.

Since I've personally only just beat the drill boss, I know there's a lot more to come yet so...I'm not worried at all.

Got the game a couple of hours ago, just beat World 1.

My thoughts so far? Wow. Just wow.

This game is everything I hoped it would be and more, and that's apparent from the first few stages alone. Despite my thoughts to the contrary, Starship Mario works far better than the Comet Observatory as a means of travelling between stages. Heck, even the wafer-thin story isn't bothering me as much as I thought it might - the gameplay is just so good.

Yoshi controls amazingly, the level design is now much more original and engaging, and the difficulty... well, they weren't wrong when they said they'd made it harder. I've died a few times already, though mostly in hilarious situations that were all my own fault. Dis game iz playing wiv mah mind!!!!11!!one!1!

So yeah. I love it. Better than Galaxy 1, in my opinion.

Which pre-order gift did you go with in the end? As I posted further up, I noticed GAME and Gamestation were charging £3 more than HMV. I've done the first couple of levels and I'm enjoying it so far, look forward to trying Yoshi out.

Nitpicking but does anyone else find Mario's "Super Mario Galaxy" cry at the Wii Menu pretty wierd compared to what it was with the first game? :huh:

I do think SMG2 is better than SMG1 aswell, I never thought I'd say it. The stage design is just nuts, and ingenius.

To those of you worried about me, don't worry, I still have some disappointments.

Really my only remaining disappointments are:

- The intro/lack of pretty FMV

- The lack of a lovely hub a la SM64/S

- Could be a little more plotty...

I am happier with the hub and plot than I thought I'd be though.

Haters gonna hate.

I'm on 114 Stars right now. :D

Edited by SuperLink

Which pre-order gift did you go with in the end? As I posted further up, I noticed GAME and Gamestation were charging £3 more than HMV.

Oh I went with HMV in the end. £34.99 plus an awesome t-shirt (which I am wearing as I type! :P) was too good an offer to turn down in comparison to GAME's £37.99 with a tin I wouldn't really use.

I got mine from HMV, one for the T-shirt, and also because I had enough points on my loyalty card to get £10 off, making it less than the ASDA price even! Add in the shirt and that's not half bad. :)

Got 22 stars so far, (was out until mid afternoon, sadly) -letting my brother play for a bit now, so will probably carry on tomorrow. Also, am I the only one who finds it a bit odd tht the tutorial DVD Still has all the usual stuff about copying it etc being illegal? I mean, fair enough, but it's a free tutorial DVD, for crying out loud! :lol:

Edited by Mahzes

Holy shit. o.0; I'm really quite weirded out now.

Maybe I'll check for myself sometime. I doubt anything will ever come of these figures, but I can't help but remember all the mysteries and rumours talked about with Mario 64. Maybe that nostalgic mystery effect was intended with these too?

Or maybe someone snuck it in without Miyamoto noticing?

Am I the only one not enjoying this game? I loved the first but I'm only about 8 levels into this one and I'm already frustrated... I'm finding it annoying, repetitive, and generally just not very fun. Sure, it's packed with great ideas and layouts and all but does that translate to fun?

The reviews also kept saying how there was no hub world, just a map, which sounded great to me, but there IS a hub world, which you have to faff around on AND go to the map... And why does the game keep teaching me what I just learned? For example I'll do a level which absolutely requires me to do a LOT of jump-spins to make it across, by the end of the level, anybody would have become an expert at jump spins, and beating the level unlocks a character on the hub world who teaches you how to jump spin! What's the point?! You beat a level, then you have to talk to that purple guy, faff around in the Mario ship thing, stand on the button, THEN go to the map... Why not just have one or the other? Reminds me of Sonic Unleashed having both the town and stage entrance hub worlds. So far level layouts have been inspired, of course, but the last, say, 5 levels I've done have all been pretty much glorified versions of the 'secret' stages in Mario Sunshine - a whole bunch of wood and blocks suspended in the air.

The strangest part for me is the fact that while the game appears to really cater to newcomers - it starts in 2D and gradually becomes 3D, it has TV screen things which spoil all the tricks, and it comes with an incredibly patronising DVD explaining how to play a video game, and yet within about 3 stars of the beginning, the game becomes really tough and frustrating... Who the heck was the target audience? I'm a seasoned gamer, and I'm pretty good at most action games, particularly platform games, but I got game over just now on the second world, in this annoying level where you repeatedly have to make Yoshi eat a chilli and run up a bunch of walls... Over and over and over again. When I'm not finding it frustrating, I'm finding it annoying...

Also I really can't see how this is 10/10 material... All the reviews keep saying "It's not just more Mario Galaxy levels, it's so much more than that"... Where? This just appears to be more Mario Galaxy levels to me... Internet critics seem to get so interested in a game scoring originality points that the question "is it fun" doesn't even seem to come up anymore...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Am I the only one not enjoying this game? I loved the first but I'm only about 8 levels into this one and I'm already frustrated... I'm finding it annoying, repetitive, and generally just not very fun. Sure, it's packed with great ideas and layouts and all but does that translate to fun?

Funny you should say, I'm the complete opposite. I thought the original Galaxy had a horrible replay value and I find it ultimately boring, but Galaxy 2 is the straight opposite to me.

How does great layouts not translate to fun anyway? Good level layouts is the cornerstone of any Mario game and what makes them so good. In that regard, Galaxy 2 is superior to the original Galaxy that had extremely boring and uneventful levels while Galaxy 2 has quite exhilarating and interesting levels.

The reviews also kept saying how there was no hub world, just a map, which sounded great to me, but there IS a hub world, which you have to faff around on AND go to the map...

... No you don't? The Hub world is a completely optional romp which you don't need to do anything at to progress the game. It's just a miniature playground unlike Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1. If you want to get right into the action just go forward the minute you get back into the hub.

You beat a level, then you have to talk to that purple guy, faff around in the Mario ship thing, stand on the button, THEN go to the map... Why not just have one or the other? Reminds me of Sonic Unleashed having both the town and stage entrance hub worlds. So far level layouts have been inspired, of course, but the last, say, 5 levels I've done have all been pretty much glorified versions of the 'secret' stages in Mario Sunshine - a whole bunch of wood and blocks suspended in the air.

The amazing and ridiculous irony here is that everything you've said here also applied to Galaxy 1 even more than it does in Galaxy 2.

Edited by Columind

OK, it's got me. This game is brilliant. I've just beat Bowser for the first time (which was a LOT better than I thought it would be) and I'm loving it so far.

Except all the bosses are far too easy.