Awoo.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Patticus

Didn't just about the same thing happen in the first Galaxy? I think it was used like, three times max.

Also of course it's like an expansion pack, that is what they made it for have you not read nothing.

also WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL OF THESE GODDAMN PURPLE COINS. Nintendo fucking faps to this shit, that timer is how long they lasted.

also

LUIGI'S FUCKING PURPLE COINS AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD I HATE YOU WHY ARE YOU HERE AAAAAAAAAAAA oh hey wait there aren't any flipping platforms, just shadow mario following you and AH FUCK THAT JUST MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mario, you hurt me sometimes, but damnit i still love you

Didn't just about the same thing happen in the first Galaxy? I think it was used like, three times max.

Also of course it's like an expansion pack, that is what they made it for have you not read nothing.

also WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL OF THESE GODDAMN PURPLE COINS. Nintendo fucking faps to this shit, that timer is how long they lasted.

also

LUIGI'S FUCKING PURPLE COINS AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD I HATE YOU WHY ARE YOU HERE AAAAAAAAAAAA oh hey wait there aren't any flipping platforms, just shadow mario following you and AH FUCK THAT JUST MAKES IT MORE DIFFICULT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mario, you hurt me sometimes, but damnit i still love you

Aaaaaand that bit of information just put this game in the avoid list.

Seriously, fuck purple coins.

Oh well. New Super Mario Bros. Wii here I come.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaaaaand that bit of information just put this game in the avoid list.

They're actually a looooooooooooooot better than they used to be. By miles and miles. Some are even pretty fun it's just the damn timers making it hard to go back for coins. :(

I think Sweet Mystery Galaxy has the only one with no timer, thank god. It's just fairly hard grabbing them and keeping that bulb berry light.

You're really going to avoid a game that's had nearly perfect reviews all round over a small handful of missions?

;(

Yeah that kinda a silly thing really just to avoid a game due to the purple coin missons heck I didn't like them in SMG1 but that not holding me back buying SMG2 next Friday cause there in this game too

Edited by Crash

Also the entire game is fucking great, and the purple coins are so worth the third-to-last galaxy. So very much worth it.

also have a fuckload of star bits.

I've been trying to avoid a butt load of information for a while, because I can't get the game 'til next month. :(

Speaking of coins, did they bring back the red coins for this game? I hated those with a flaming passion (Even moreso than the purple coins, even though they're annoying in their own right) , and they're the reason I haven't attempted to get 100 percent in either 64 or sunshine.

Yea, that's how much I've been avoiding... One more month... :(

Speaking of coins, did they bring back the red coins for this game? I hated those with a flaming passion (Even moreso than the purple coins, even though they're annoying in their own right) , and they're the reason I haven't attempted to get 100 percent in either 64 or sunshine.

Nope, no red coins to speak of. Not even blue coins. Just yellow and purple.

I never found the Luigi Purple Coins challenging. I can see where one would, but I don't really see how it was such a massive difficulty jump.

And I miss those red coins. Especially that little pitch-incrementing jingle they play.

Not buying the game because of purple coins? That's pretty weak, man.

Luigi's purple coins and the Space Junk purple coins really REALLY put me off purple coind challenges.

I'm not going to put myself through that kind of hell again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Luigi's purple coins and the Space Junk purple coins really REALLY put me off purple coind challenges.

That's fucking stupid for two reasons.

One, Space Junk was easy.

Two, I lost ten lives to Luigi's Purple Coins in Galaxy 2. I lost 172 in the L'sPC in Galaxy 1. The one is Galaxy 2 is far more fair and generally, not an asshole. Yes, it's incredibly frustrating that I have died 182 fucking times on two similar levels, but not buying one of the best fucking games ever because of it?

That's stupidity on the highest level. Right there next to pressing the damned red button or sticking the dagger into the motherfucking hourglass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heck, most of the damn levels put me off Super Mario Galaxy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heck, most of the damn levels put me off Super Mario Galaxy.

This. The second I had to go back for the fucking SECOND prankster comet in any level, and found out they all had TWO of the fuckers, the entire game lost it.

Luckily now we just have one prankster comet, and like THREE stars per Galaxy max. Oh, and the fact that the levels are less tedious and more fun and very much more Mario helps too.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's stupidity on the highest level. Right there next to pressing the damned red button or sticking the dagger into the motherfucking hourglass.

He dislikes a part of the game that play a significant part of it, and thats stupid? Regardless, of how 'excellent' this game is, those purple coin missions were a pain in the ass to some people and actually brought the game down. Why should I fork over full retail, when an aspect of game (although there are others) was to be quite honest: turd.

Edited by blackherox

I never found the Luigi Purple Coins challenging. I can see where one would, but I don't really see how it was such a massive difficulty jump.

Agreed. I remember how I always heard people talking about how hard it was when Galaxy 1 came out, and I just never really found it harder than any other part of the game.

He dislikes a part of the game that play a significant part of it, and thats stupid? Regardless, of how 'excellent' this game is, those purple coin missions were a pain in the ass to some people and actually brought the game down. Why should I fork over full retail, when an aspect of game (although there are others) was to be quite honest: turd.
It's like hating an entire game because one level sucks.

Honestly I don't think any of the purple coin comets are as bad as the ones in Galaxy 1, and there's less of them, too.

Edited by Diogenes

I disliked most of the comet stars in Galaxy 1, but luckily Galaxy 2 spices 'em up a bit more, which I like. They change around level design, make new level-gimmicks, etc, makes them much more fun and they feel like stars of their own more than lazily slapped on "extras".

I didn't "dislike" the comets per se, they were just nowhere near as good as regular Stars.

Having more to do and more challenging Stars to aim for can't be a bad thing in my eyes. The purple coins in this don't sound as tedious as in SMG1, but I'll have to see for myself whether that's true or not.

5-6 Days for us Europs Dx

I wonder if people would be bashing me this much if I said the same thing about another game that wasn't Mario. And FYI Purple coins weren't one level. They were several.

Either way, I digress. I'll probably buy the game when I find it at a cheaper price.

I wonder if people would be bashing me this much if I said the same thing about another game that wasn't Mario. And FYI Purple coins weren't one level. They were several.

Either way, I digress. I'll probably buy the game when I find it at a cheaper price.

The thing is, you weren't being bashed for disliking the game, you were being bashed because you stated that only a handful of missions from the game, out of over 240, is drawing you away from playing what is an outstanding gem of a game. People shouldn't be so critical of your opinion, but it just seems silly to not want a game for something so menial.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hard =/= Turd.

Oh hey there's a key difference.

Oh and the parts where two levels don't have a significance other than being hard?

OOH, and where there are less Purple Coins in this game, they're far more fair, easier, more fun, generally easier than all other other comet challenges (generally, some of them are quite hard in the later levels) and only one of them have the problem Luigi's Purple Coins from the first game had (needing to go through an open level a certain way) and oh hey it's easier and more fun that L'sPC.

Not buying something excellent because of a loose screw is hardly smart at all. It's quite a bit in other other direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

*opens SMG2*

Oh hi SSMB! Didn't see you there, I'm just about to play SMG2, which ShopTo sent early for some reason. ;)

Sooo excited!! :D :D :D I hope others who ordered from ShopTo get their copies today aswell! :D