Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

definately Wii, and it looks bad in the small pics even, no wonder SEGA won't officially release pics.

It looks fine for Wii. Obviously the other version is going to look better. Also didn't you just suggest to me that they "could be 360 screens" when you looked at the small ones? Now you say even the small pics look bad. I know you're not a fan of the Wii but do you have to keep shoving it in everyones face?

Anyway I heard a rumor that 1st party characters might be in each version of the game. Example Mario in the Wii version. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Yeah they look good for the Wii, but that's not saying much.

Funny how this "cash in mario kart clone" looks better then most Wii games.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I'm getting it for the PS3 but if that rumor about 1st party characters being in each version is true I'll end up getting the Wii version too.......damn you and you're brilliant ways of making me buy the same game twice Sega.

^ Did you just call a game your looking forward too "A quick cash-in"?

No. I'm quoting random people in this topic. Won't name names. It's not a exact quote either, more like a summarization quote =P Don't feel like digging through this topic looking for the negative posts.

I'm happy the Wii version is turning out nicely, maybe more people will respect the game.

• Bad Quality Post 1

I'm happy the Wii version is turning out nicely, maybe more people will respect the game.

!

Who are you and what have you done to ShadiWulf?

But seriously I admit that I said that the game is very Mario Kart inspired but I've never called it a cash in.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, the items are mario kart inspired, but nothing else is.

"The game started out as a pure racer," reveals producer Steve Lycett(S0L)

"We went off on the tack that SEGA has these well loved racing classic racing games,

like Outrun, Daytona USA, Viruta Racing, and Scud Race [aka SEGA Super GT], and

we wanted to capture the spirit of those. So it's more about speed, chaining drifts together, and enjoying the

thrill of the ride. As we went on, SEGA suggested we ought to try some weapons, so we did it! At first

we were skeptical about it-as we knew it would draw comparisions from certain other games-but once they were in it added

a whole lot of fun and tactics to the game. It actually made it play better, which, when your making games, is the

most important thing, right?"

Straight from the scan and sumo digital

• Bad Quality Post 1

Modnation Racing also took things from Mario Kart & LBP. Why im saying Mario Kart is because I believe that was the 1st racer to have weapons.

Modnation Racing also took things from Mario Kart & LBP. Why im saying Mario Kart is because I believe that was the 1st racer to have weapons.

Rock 'n Roll Racing beat it by 3 months.

Rock 'n Roll Racing beat it by 3 months.

Did it have wacky items and stuff, or was it just a straight up kart racer? I think Mario Kart was the first with items and stuff, but I could be wrong.

^ It did have items, but you had to buy them and had a limited ammount. And Mario Kart WAS the 1st game to have items. It came out in 1992 while R'N'R Racing came out in 1993.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I see that Ulala has been accidentally confirmed in that article....

• Thumbs Up 1

I see that Ulala has been accidentally confirmed in that article....

She's, with Aiai, a regular guest in every Sonic party game like after all. That's why it's good to see some new face as Ryo this time.

By the way, I though the Wii vers. 'll looks like more bad looking but they also made a good job on it. Can't wait to see what version we'll can play at Micromania Games Show.

Wii version looks nice.

Not that it matters to me as I'm getting the PS3 version. At this point I'm more concerned about who the remaining characters are and if the console exclusive characters are in fact real.

^ It did have items, but you had to buy them and had a limited ammount. And Mario Kart WAS the 1st game to have items. It came out in 1992 while R'N'R Racing came out in 1993.

Oh, right. Tiny font, you have thwarted me again.

If Rock 'n Roll Racing isn't old enough for you, check out "Galaxy 5000", and Atari 2600 game. Yeah, that's the NES version, but in the video of the Atari version, the person playing was so terrible that it was making me rage.

Anyway I heard a rumor that 1st party characters might be in each version of the game. Example Mario in the Wii version. Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

For the 360/PS3 versions yes, given that it'll most likely be downloadable content. Which is why I doubt we'll see any first party characters for the Wii version.

I cant believe you guys are all "wii version is looking great" come on! Im always positive on wii stuff, but I got to say it looks just "meh". I really hope those are not the final product, specially the first one :/ ugh, the other one looks nicer, but the textures look a bit fugly and the background looks a bit polygony. at least I think it looks better than the mario kart models, but they can do better. Still that doesnt mean Im NOT hyped with this game :D Im so going to buy it >w<

I cant believe you guys are all "wii version is looking great" come on! Im always positive on wii stuff, but I got to say it looks just "meh". I really hope those are not the final product, specially the first one :/ ugh, the other one looks nicer, but the textures look a bit fugly and the background looks a bit polygony. at least I think it looks better than the mario kart models, but they can do better. Still that doesnt mean Im NOT hyped with this game :D Im so going to buy it >w<

You obviously haven't looked well enough at things in the past. It will look fine in motion, trust me.

For the 360/PS3 versions yes, given that it'll most likely be downloadable content. Which is why I doubt we'll see any first party characters for the Wii version.

Good, I guess. That just means I won't have to buy two.

You obviously haven't looked well enough at things in the past. It will look fine in motion, trust me.

Well perhaps you are right =/ I hope you are. when I saw the first sonic unleashed wii shot, I was about to shoot myself it looked all fugly and without color and the model ended up looking real nice, nowhere near the 360 version / PS3 but still overall nice graphics. Still those shots could be not final. They should really give us Mario or an extra character / mode, cause just the mario kart "unique controls for wii" wont be a good excuse to have a downgraded version =/ They should really do the mario and sonic formula, the DS one has the adventure Tour to make the difference..

EDIT:

I think you all know this by now but on Bentley Jones Blog, he posted a teaser of a song he is doing called "So Much More"

and says he gives a BIG hint...(at the end of the song you can hear a race car sound) wich means it could be a music for SaSASR...the main theme perhaps? ending? xD Edited by dabbido