Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Sony doesn't really have an official mascot. The closest they have to one is Ratchet or a Sackboy and they aren't exactly owned by Sony. I'd be fine with either, but I'd prefer Ratchet. He's been around for a while now and hasn't had a single game released on something other than a Sony console outside of Going Mobile which was for the cell phone.

Jak. He already had a racing game as well.

O-JEC-S IN RE-R V-EW D----- M-R--R MAY APPEAR C-OS-R IN RE-L-TY

Guys, Ryo's back I LOVE YOU SEGA. You have brought back a piece of the best game ever created

EDIT: wait a sec. They'v added 3 letters this time?! (the E in View, the E in Rear and the R in the not yet confirmed "mirror")

oO

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Don't give them your praise just yet Bluehedgehog92, it still depends on that 6 letter "D" word being dragon, driver, or something else entirely.

How would DRIVER MIRROR gice a hint to who is the new character? Unless REALITY is really REALATY like someone said before (don't know who..).

So I'm guessing it'll be DRAGON.

HOLAS:

seems like this isn't updated....

this is the last we got:

"OBJECTS IN RE-R V-EW D----- M-R--R MAY APPEAR CLOSER IN REAL-TY"

i find funny how sega is teasing us like if they are getting revenge for all the trolling shenmue and nights fans have been doing lately.....

thank god i'm not a fan of those franchises, it has to be hard for them *grabs popcorn and laughs at the fan reactions* i really feel your pain *eats popcorn and laughs some more*

Edited by imarafan

I'm fan of both...I have to cry double times oO

Anyway NiGHTS is certainly in. It would be no sense to reveal this char by this phrase. Because of this I think this is confirming Ryo

HOLAS:

seems like this isn't updated....

this is the last we got:

"OBJECTS IN RE-R V-EW D----- M-R--R MAY APPEAR CLOSER IN REAL-TY"

i find funny how sega is teasing us like if they are getting revenge for all the trolling shenmue and nights fans have been doing lately.....

thank god i'm not a fan of those franchises, it has to be hard for them *grabs popcorn and laughs at the fan reactions* i really feel your pain *eats popcorn and laughs some more*

The bright side is that there is NO WAY they can hold off any longer. There is 3 more letters besides out of those two words. 6 more letters should be revealed this week, so it's impossible not to get a few more letters added tpo the D or M word, next week no matter what though we'll have the phrase.

^ Watch as SEGA won't update it till November lol. (This was a joke, don't take it seriously).

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Theres just one small problem with that idea. You won't be able to see the trousers through the characters cars. :P

But why stop at trousers anyway? I say get every character decked out in a full disco suit (including afro).

I hate to be a party pooper but I'd be pretty peeved if after completing EVERYTHING I unlocked 70's trousers mode. Its original I'll give you that but not really worthy of being the final unlockable thing in my opinion =/

Also, until you learn to master the drifting move, which is not an easy thing to do, you will find it very hard to win races.

Music to my ears ^_^

Reminds me of outrun

So... Basically, it's fun, but it'll probably be not be as good as Mario Kart, and also suffers from rubber-banding and cheap super moves? I figured as much.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Doesn't stop me from thinking this will be the best Sonic-related racer ever, not that its competition is much.

• Thumbs Up 1

and also suffers from rubber-banding and cheap super moves? I figured as much.

Sounds like Mario Kart to me (well Mario Kart Wii anyway).

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Doesn't stop me from thinking this will be the best Sonic-related racer ever, not that its competition is much.

Haha, fair enough.

Sounds like Mario Kart to me (well Mario Kart Wii anyway).

Rubber-banding, yes, but (some of) the super moves are just... Broken, from what I can tell. There's nothing in Mario Kart that is as cheap as Super Sonic, which looks and sounds like a game breaker on its own, especially if Casanova's claim that super moves come far too often is true. The closest thing to Super Sonic in Mario Kart is the Chain Chomp in Double Dash (the babies' special) and the bullet bill in DS and Wii, but they're not nearly as fast nor do they last as long. And the fact that some supers are better than others results in serious balance issues on their own. Not to be act like it's serious buisness, but people complained about items in MKWii, this could potentially be worse.

Edited by The Sniper
  • Thumbs Up 2

So... Basically, it's fun, but it'll probably be not be as good as Mario Kart, and also suffers from rubber-banding and cheap super moves? I figured as much.

*typing on iPod*

I said outshine. There is no reason why this title cannot be as good as mario or any kart title. The problem is that mario simply beat everyone else to it. No matter what kart game is released it will always be in Marios shadow, it'll always get compared, you can't escape it. What I played was just as good and very fun (the bech level alone makes thkus vastly superior to riders inevery way.) But, the issue is that there's nothing that can say I'm better than Mario, this is why... Right now it says "I'm just as good, dont shrug me off because he came first."

As for the special moves, we only had 2 levels to play, it may change later in other stages.

I think this game will beat Mario Kart. The last Mario Kart on Wii was horrible. If Sega All Star will have different vheichles for each characters and various extra modes it will be one of the best kart racing game ever (on what I saw in video).

the 70 % of Mario Kart chars are usless, SEGA all Stars chars are great and various. This game is developed by Outrun developers, remember that :D. I'd like to say more things, but I think it's enough :)

While I agree that Mario Kart Wii wasn't even close to being the best Mario Kart, I think calling it horrible is a bit much. The AI was super cheap, the classic course selection was iffy, the bikes were unbalanced, and the battle mode was completely ruined. Even so, even if it was the worst Mario Kart entry it's still a little overboard to say the game was horrible, imo anyway.

For this game to beat out Mario Karts strongest entry (it's an opinion so I won't even bother saying which MK I think is best) it would have to have a great battle mode imo. Even if the races are better then MK it won't beat MK for me personally without an awesome battle mode. You see I think the racing in Mario Kart is good fun, but the battle mode is where my friends and I clocked the most hours.

While I agree that Mario Kart Wii wasn't even close to being the best Mario Kart, I think calling it horrible is a bit much. The AI was super cheap, the classic course selection was iffy, the bikes were unbalanced, and the battle mode was completely ruined. Even so, even if it was the worst Mario Kart entry it's still a little overboard to say the game was horrible, imo anyway.

You've actually nicely summed up why I I think Mario Kart is horrible. Despite that it still has a 85+ rating and has sold more than 15 million copies. It's just funny that if this game delivers a similar exeprience, it'll be branded as a piece of trip because of what you listed. Who knew?

1)Rubber-banding, yes,

but (some of) the super moves are just... Broken, from what I can tell. There's nothing in Mario Kart that is as cheap as Super Sonic, which looks and sounds like a game breaker on its own, especially if Casanova's claim that super moves come far too often is true. The closest thing to Super Sonic in Mario Kart is the Chain Chomp in Double Dash (the babies' special) and the bullet bill in DS and Wii, but they're not nearly as fast nor do they last as long. And the fact that some supers are better than others results in serious balance issues on their own. Not to be act like it's serious buisness, but people complained about items in MKWii, this could potentially be worse.

Rubber banding is not my main problem with MKWii. My problem is a combination of all the things that speedfreak mentioned. Rubber banding given the genre of this game is fine. It gives people a chance to be first/win rather than having the most skilled win every single time. Its when you combine that with a cheap AI, terrible motion controls (yes I know you can use gamecube, but it came with the package) and unfair items (i.e. blue shell) and unbalanced vechiles etc etc. The powers ups are a concern I know, but if the AI's aren't cheap then to be honest I personally don't mind that. So long as I'm not getting pummeled with every weapon none to man before I cross the finish line like in Mario Kart Wii, I'll be content. While I may be defending this game, I actually have quite low expecations given Sonic's racing history as opposed to something that I genuinely thought would be a great improvement given the technology only for it to turn out to be a horrible mess.

Now, Mario Kart Wii rant aside are there any more impressions about this game?

Edited by blackherox

OBJECTS IN REAR VIEW D----- M-R-OR MAY APPEAR CLOSER IN REALITY

it's mirror. Tuesday or wednesday we'll have the entire phrase

Eh, seems a bit early to be citing the Character Balances as a flaw. I mean yes, it is quite obvious that Super Sonic is significantly better than many of the other All-Star moves (when is he not crush though *cough*Brawl*cough*) but there are plenty of other elements where the dev’s could make up the difference.

I believe it was said that the Karts handle differently on varied terrain. I assume Sonic will spin his tires quite a lot in the mud, while another character could boost through no problem. There are plenty of ways to balance the characters outside of their special moves.