Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Thats a nice roster, though I liked some of the mega-obscurities from the other one as well, the idea of having a playable Red Ring Rico made me cream.

Orta, Vyse and Ristar? Yes please. I don't think I'd mind that roster at all.

It's odd that Tails is the only character with a flying vehicle who's been revealed so far.

It's odd that Tails is the only character with a flying vehicle who's been revealed so far.

Tails also grabbed some serious screen time in the intro. So not only is he the only flight kart revealed so far, but he is getting some serious love.

Yet he wasn't playable in that demo back at SoS :\ I still don't know what his Allstar move is...

Yet he wasn't playable in that demo back at SoS :\ I still don't know what his Allstar move is...

I could very well be wrong, but I'll take a guess and say that his small plane will turn into the Tornado and fire bullets at other racers.

That would technically make no sense whatsoever but would still be kind of cool I guess XD Too bad the actual plane wasn't the Tornado to begin with...

You could see Tails All-Star move in the new Halloween trailer. He shoots a twisty tornado ahead that hits multiple players and flips them into the air.

Ooo, I must have missed that! Elemental attacks are awesome in my book. Literal tornado for the win!

Ooo, I must have missed that! Elemental attacks are awesome in my book. Literal tornado for the win!

vlcsnap2009103001h25m03.png

See the blue spiral going ahead and the people behind it flipping in the air? Can see the full thing for a few seconds in the trailer.

vlcsnap2009103001h25m03.png

See the blue spiral going ahead and the people behind it flipping in the air? Can see the full thing for a few seconds in the trailer.

Golly god thats Foxy Awesome!!

Tho its like a super upgrade version of the tornado item from Crash Nitro Kart.

I hope it homes on all of your opponents in front of you. :lol:

Heh, I guess it's fitting for Tails to have a wind attack given that he's Sonic's sidekick.

You could see Tails All-Star move in the new Halloween trailer. He shoots a twisty tornado ahead that hits multiple players and flips them into the air.

Interesting. It could be good.

However, it's a shame that we only get a glimpse of it. It would have been nice to see Tails activate it, but I suppose that will be seen in time.

That is indeed quite epic! Thanks for the reveal! I, too, would like to get a better look at it... but at least I finally have some idea of what the move actually is ^^

This is what we currently know:

Race Car / Hot Rod (on-road vehicles)

Sonic

AiAi

Beat

Amy

Zobio & Zobiko

???

Motorcycle / Scooter (average vehicles)

Alex Kidd

Ryo Hazuki

Big the Cat

Shadow

???

???

Monster Truck / ATV / Dune Buggy (off-road vehicles)

Amigo

Dr. Eggman

Knuckles

Billy Hatcher

???

???

Plane / Spaceship / Flying (airborne vehicles)

Tails

???

???

???

???

???

Rumored

Ristar (Summer of Sonic)

Vectorman (Summer of Sonic)

NiGHTS (Summer of Sonic)

Ulala (Nintendo Power article; guaranteed to be in)

Akira Yuki (SEGAOnline article)

Vyse (Gamereactor article)

Hopeful returns (not listed anywhere else)

Gilius Thunderhead

Cancelled

ToeJam & Earl (read this entire thread and all of its sources before jumping to conclusions)

Why is everyone seperating the characters by vehicles? Oh, and isn't Big on a normal wooden Bike? Thats no motorcycle or scooter.

Oh and who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll solve the legal problems :). I didn't read the whole topic on that link- 25 pages is a bit too much. Maybe I'll read it later.

Edit: Wow, I made alot of spelling mistakes..

Edited by MarcelloF

It doesn't matter if Big is on a normal bike; its STILL a bike. However, it is indicated to be a motorbike, anyway.

Edit: Wow, I made alot of spelling mistakes..

And some factual mistakes, too. Sumo Digital originally did want Big to be on a small bike to pedal his way through a race, but it turns out that since he doesn't have legs, it made the animation look very awkward (and hard to implement; I could imagine). So they put him on a small moped instead and still made him a comic relief character.

NinMicroSEGA, I don't understand WHY you're seperating the characters into different classes. Besides your own word we've heard nothing from an official source to say that those will be the classes, or if there are even classes at all. It could be (and hopefully is) like Mario Kart DS where non-kart vehicles like Waluigi's bike control exactly like the rest of the vehicles.

NinMicroSEGA, I don't understand WHY you're seperating the characters into different classes. Besides your own word we've heard nothing from an official source to say that those will be the classes, or if there are even classes at all.

It's not my fault you aren't keeping up with the news. Last column:

NP248-SaSA-SR2.png

It's not my fault you aren't keeping up with the news. Last column:

NP248-SaSA-SR2.png

Ok, but we still don't know if theres going to be an equal amount of characters in each category, for all we know Tails could be the only flying character.

Did Mario & Sonic only have 1 power character with uneven distribution amongst the other classes? No. So expect an equal number of characters for each category.

(From the linked article) "Tails flies his familiar plane" ... that doesn't look like the Tornado to me :\

Did Mario & Sonic only have 1 power character with uneven distribution amongst the other classes? No. So expect an equal number of characters for each category.

This isn't Mario & Sonic :). And Riders 1 and 2 BOTH had uneven class distribution, so, yeah.

Personally, I don't think there's going to be 'classes' in the PS3/360 versions at least. After playing it at Summer of Sonic and seeing the character info boxes I asked Travis if they were the final stats, to which he said no, each character will have their own individual stats in the final version of the game. The stats at Summer of Sonic were all pretty much the same to make things more fair for the people playing on the day. :)

You could probably categorise the characters yourself, but I doubt Sumo are going to tie themselves down with categories.

Edited by bolt7

Wasn't it confirmed in an early video that different vehicles would operate differently depending on the terrain? That's a separate issue from the character stats, and a welcome addition IMO. More layers of gameplay is good.