Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

WHERE THE FUCK IS

Ristar

I call bullshit on the list, but he's probably represented by Planet Scorch. That would be an awesome track. And Atlantis - is that an Ecco the Dolphin reference or has the place appeared in another Sega franchise?

Edited by Stretchy Werewolf

I call bullshit on the list, but he's probably represented by Planet Scorch. That would be an awesome track.

Didn't even notice Planet Scorch on that list. Fuck, that WOULD be amazing.

If the list is anything to go by as well looks like

Final Fortress is actually a Battle Mode stage and Pyramid Cave is the final Sonic stage o_O

I call bullshit on the list, but he's probably represented by Planet Scorch.

Planet Automation or Planet Sonata would have been better stage picks though. =(

I'd call the list as not real. IIRC, Sumo said that there would be about 24 characters in the game and that has about ten too many. I still doubt the console exclusive characters rumor as well.

Planet Automation or Planet Sonata would have been better stage picks though. =(

I'd call the list as not real. IIRC, Sumo said that there would be about 24 characters in the game and that has about ten too many. I still doubt the console exclusive characters rumor as well.

Someone on /v/ pointed out that the list likely includes the entire roster after DLC characters are taken into consideration. If you take out obvious version exclusive characters that leaves 28 which isn't really that much above 24 anyway. I don't know, I'm sortof clinging onto some hope here, that list is just so awesome.

Someone on /v/ pointed out that the list likely includes the entire roster after DLC characters are taken into consideration. If you take out obvious version exclusive characters that leaves 28 which isn't really that much above 24 anyway. I don't know, I'm sortof clinging onto some hope here, that list is just so awesome.

True, but I also just remembered that Sumo also said that they will refrain from making clone characters that appeared in the Tennis game. It begs the question why Reala, Gum, and Mee Mee(of all things), have a deserving chance of ever being playable characters. Especially when Sumo also said that people will be excited about the roster. Also, no Ristar, Toe Jam and Earl, or Ecco are in there. :P

I don't know. I'll await until more concrete information gets revealed, especially when that list opposites what S0L has been saying from the get-go.

Some of the characters up there could be unlockable skin characters, like MeeMee to AiAi or Reala to Nights. And I'm not sure about 4chan's record with stuff like this, but is reliable game info ever leaked on there?

^ Looks like I'm too slow. But if they've filled their 20-something character quota, why not some clone extras?

Edited by Stretchy Werewolf

True, but I also just remembered that Sumo also said that they will refrain from making clone characters that appeared in the Tennis game.

Well, Gum and MeeMee are the main female characters in their respective series so I wouldn't really call them clones. Reala is the only recurring NiGHTS character besides NiGHTS himself and Wizeman so it makes sense to use him for some NiGHTS representation. It would appear Pudding has been replaced by the less clonely Shadow anyway. You can't expect Sonic to be the only franchise with multiple characters to represent it =O.

Especially when Sumo also said that people will be excited about the roster.

Vectorman, Red Ring Rico and Sketch Turner excite me greatly.

And I'm not sure about 4chan's record with stuff like this, but is reliable game info ever leaked on there?

More than people think. It's happened quite a few times.

^ Looks like I'm too slow. But if they've filled their 20-something character quota, why not some clone extras?

Who knows, but i'd rather they get other characters from a different series than cloned reskins. I just don't buy the list. Earlier confirmed info to this list says otherwise. It's not that I don't buy leaked info, it's that this list is saying the opposite of what has been already revealed.

EDIT:

You can't expect Sonic to be the only franchise with multiple characters to represent it =O.

That wasn't what I was implying. Yes, You can have other characters from different franchises, but do they have to have nearly the exact same characteristics from the other character said series is being represented? I don't follow some of the series in that list, but I'm sure that Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 can whip up somebody a little more stylistically different than those selected. You know, more creativity, more diversity? --Not saying that it's a bad thing, and character importance does play out as well, but it's always a good idea to see something fresh and different and not characters that play, look, and move nearly identical; which is what happened in the Tennis game, which Sumo does not want a repeat of.

Vectorman excite me greatly.

I don't know how people can cling to such a distasteful, overrated franchise and absurdly, simple character design. I don't know. I don't feel the Vectorman love that others feel. =/ I'd rather see somebody else.

Edited by Emerl

That wasn't what I was implying. Yes, You can have other characters from different franchises, but do they have to have nearly the exact same characteristics from the other character said series is being represented? I don't follow some of the series in that list, but I'm sure that Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 can whip up somebody a little more stylistically different than those selected. You know, more creativity, more diversity? --Not saying that it's a bad thing, and character importance does play out as well, but it's always a good idea to see something fresh and different and not characters that play, look, and move nearly identical; which is what happened in the Tennis game, which Sumo does not want a repeat of.

Besides Professor-K JSR doesn't really have any important characters who 'stand-out' and if it weren't for Space Michael the same could be said about SC5 as well.

Space Michael from Space Channel 5? Not likely.

Sketch Turner, Axel, Vectorman and Ratchet would make me cream my pants though.

Besides Professor-K JSR doesn't really have any important characters who 'stand-out' and if it weren't for Space Michael the same could be said about SC5 as well.

There's always moar cameos and moar stages, though. Yes, a character slot has a bigger impact but other series can get more leeway in other ways.

Like I said earlier, i'm not into the series that Gum or Mee Mee are from, so my opinion on just how much of a clone they can be doesn't hold much water. Extra contend is always a good thing, even if it's the form of a clone.

CAPTAIN FALCON WHAT

I know it seems unlikely, but if Captain Falcon is the Wii version's exclusive character, then I'll automatically declare it the best version, grahpics be damned. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

YESH!

He may be a Nintendo character, but F-Zero GX was made by SEGA! Captain Falcon would be epic as a secret unlockable. XD

I hope the list is true but..on the other hand, maybe not. Where's Ristar? T.T

Forgot it wasn't mentioned here, but the new Bentley Jones song:

Has been confirmed to be for this game. Not to mention confirmed there will also be all new tracks for this game by Crush40 and Rich Jacques:

http://www.seganerdsforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2330&start=45#p38462

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

That list is clearly fake, and it's a good thing, because it's terrible. Seriously....Meemee? Reala? Gum? No thanks. It should be one character per franchise. And I hate the idea of having console exclusive characters.

It's fake because Funkotron is on that list. We already know ToeJam & Earl are definitely not in the game so that's impossible.

And I agree that Professor K should be the one to represent Jet Grind Radio.

I hope this list is fake, I really want Ristar and also Planet Scorch would not be my pick of the level, as I mentioned around 50+ pages ago, I would prefer Planet Sonata (based around round 1), although at least there's some none Heroes Sonic stages on there

Anyways, I didn't doubt that So Much More was not for this game with that car noise just randomly tacked onto the end, but it's interesting to here there's a new Crush 40 song, I've heard some of there songs for an old racing game, and that doesn't fill me with hope, though I loved most the songs off SATBK. I've a feeling that the Crush 40 song will be the main theme, Bentley Jone's will be the ending, and Jaques will be for a level.

That list is clearly fake, and it's a good thing, because it's terrible. Seriously....Meemee? Reala? Gum? No thanks. It should be one character per franchise. And I hate the idea of having console exclusive characters.

Do you honestly believe they wouldn't give us more than one character per franchise? I mean, we have 7 Sonic characters, one not even the fans are that bothered about and a huge over-representation of Sonic Heroes, to think that theres no way they could ever give us 'clone' characters (I don't know where that term came from, a second character from a frnachise isn't exactly a clone...) is abit naive...

And ToeJam and Earl haven't been deconfirmed at all, after it was announced that Greg Johnson owns half the rights to the franchise Sumo said they'd 'try again', plus with this happening SEGA are going to have to reobtain the rights anyway.

Oh and yeah, fake list is fake, there are too many cock-ups, Tails 'Miles' Prower? XD

Do you honestly believe they wouldn't give us more than one character per franchise? I mean, we have 7 Sonic characters, one not even the fans are that bothered about and a huge over-representation of Sonic Heroes, to think that theres no way they could ever give us 'clone' characters (I don't know where that term came from, a second character from a frnachise isn't exactly a clone...) is abit naive...

I was saying that's the reason why I'm glad it's fake. Since having more than one character per franchise just takes away slots for more franchises to be represented. It's already sort of ruined because of all the Sonic stuff.

plus with this happening SEGA are going to have to reobtain the rights anyway.

Actually, SEGA completely owns the rights to all the ToeJam & Earl games. They released the first 2 on the VC without paying Greg Johnson.

However, SEGA can't use the characters or make a new game themselves without Greg Johnson's permission. (Or without paying him. Or without him involved in some way.)

I don't think sega could have picked a better time to make a new Kart Racer. Looking at mario kart wii, it was a huge let down for anyone who enjoys a game that is balanced. I find mario kart wii to be frustrating and sadly an average game. I don't know why it was so mediocre when they came out with mario kart 64 10 years earlier.

Anyways the racing looks really solid so far in this game. For whatever reason it brings me back to diddy kong racing, snowboard kids, and mario kart 64. At this point I can't see it being a flop at this point. The real challenge is seeing if they can beat Nintendo at their own game.

Edited by Bubonic Bunny

So I guess there is going to be a horror level (can't say what game as the only Sega horror game I know of is house of the dead)

And who was that riding the zombie as an All Star attack

Edited by Twilight Cecil

Well that looks like an awesome video! too bad its TOO laggy for my comp x.X can someone upload to youtube please? even if its done buffering it all looks like a slideshow x.X but who the HECK is that new guy? never seen him before ._. is turning into a zombie his all-star move? or was that just a close up of the monster?

So I guess there is going to be a horror level (can't say what game as the only Sega horror game I know of is house of the dead)

And who was that riding the zombie as an All Star attack

Well, there was the Curien's Mansion level that Nintendo Power mentioned earlier. And i'm pretty sure than Zombie character is a new character. :P You also see his All-Star move at around the 37 - 40 second mark. I'm not sure who it is, so somebody with more Horror Game knowledge might be able to answer it.