Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

It really makes me wonder how shallow fans are after seeing the reaction to Ryo's announcement, further cementing my belief that I never want my games to have fans... just sell tons!

We have 11 more characters to introduce, I believe, and three of which Sumo promises will excite SEGA fans.

I love how the Sega blog just totally calls out CVG on their pisswasser statement earlier.

Yeah, that was totally a mid-90's SEGA move. I like it when SEGA is a smarmy know-it-all asshole.

fantastic news this is starting to turn into a SEGA fanboys wet dream. I hope Ristar is next I would really love to see him come back.

It really makes me wonder how shallow fans are after seeing the reaction to Ryo's announcement, further cementing my belief that I never want my games to have fans... just sell tons!

We've never seen Ryo in anything, and for so long it's like he's been shoved in a cupboard somewhere, so it was exciting to actually see him in this :D

I wouldn't call the reaction 'Shallow' at all!

So now that they're doing screwing with us about Ryu are they going to do this for any other characters?

I would hope so. Ristar = Do want.

Lol at people calling fan reaction shallow

This is giving SEGA the best press they have had on any website in years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how the Sega blog just totally calls out CVG on their pisswasser statement earlier.

What was that statement? Can I see it? I wanna see. :D

Personally I'm amazed the reaction isn't 'ommmmg why ryu? Hes only been in like 2 games and i never had a dreamcast anyway id much prefer blazesilverrougeespioomegaIBLIS(TRIGGA)mephileseliseeggmannegamariageraldrobotnikshademarine instead theyre much more popular *cry*'. Or something along those lines xD

What was that statement? Can I see it? I wanna see. :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=222312

We're not daft, we know Sega's effort isn't going to oust Nintendo's classic from our hearts, but hopes for progress where Nintendo has languished aren't unrealistic. Of course, if Ryo appears avec forklift, Chris Parton in a firetruck or BD Joe complete with kerrr-azy taxi we'll be ripping out this page and washing it down with the office crate of Pisswasser while bowing to our new Sega overlords.

First of all....fuck yes.

Second....fuck yes.

I can't wait to see the rest of the line-up. I want Vectorman as a car!

• Thumbs Up 2

That was awesome. I wonder how they'll react...?

I wonder what "dreamy" vehicle NiGHTS will be traveling in?

And as for Chu Chu Rocket, why not a... ROCKET? :D

If Ristar is in, ohhh boy, even more fangasm. Heck, so far, this lineup is looking towards a fan-orgy.

And last but not least, I will die happy if SEGATA FREAKING SANSHIRO is playable on Hang On.

Edited by xnuʞpɐǝɹp

Who says NiGHTS needs to be in a vehicle at all? He could transform into a NiGHTS style Car/Bike/Rocket thing. His Allstar move could be turning back into his original form and doing the drill-dash for a speed boost also hurting anyone he touches.

Never heard of this "Ryo" character before, so I am not really phased at all. But I am happy for any fans he has, as this would be your equivolent of if Nack was to come back to Sonic games for me!

If they are going to add realistic-like characters though, I'd like to see Bayonetta (as I can only think of Eco the dolphin or NiGHTS as other SEGA made characters I'd want)...Might be good publicity for them to have Bayonetta in the game too, afterall isn't it coming out soon?

Still hoping this game will have a LOAD of unlockables in levels, secret weapons/attacks, music, vehicle variations, and more more characters (still hoping for locked Sonic characters)

Who says NiGHTS needs to be in a vehicle at all? He could transform into a NiGHTS style Car/Bike/Rocket thing. His Allstar move could be turning back into his original form and doing the drill-dash for a speed boost also hurting anyone he touches.

It would royally suck to be playing as one of NiGHTS special forms. It wouldn't feel the same. Besides that, the transformations would be much better suited to an AllStar move.

SEGA apparently doesn't want to pay for the rights to have Toejam & Earl in the game -

http://www.strategyi...toejam-and-earl

ARGH! Fucking SEGA! Why can't they just pay? But why don't they have the rights anyways? I thought Toejam & Earl was First Party?

Edit:

Personally I'm amazed the reaction isn't 'ommmmg why ryu? Hes only been in like 2 games and i never had a dreamcast anyway id much prefer blazesilverrougeespioomegaIBLIS(TRIGGA)mephileseliseeggmannegamariageraldrobotnikshademarine instead theyre much more popular *cry*'. Or something along those lines xD

Hey, Espio is my favorite character. :-/ I don't want him in though, because we have enough Sonic characters. Of course if he'd replace someone like Shadow or Amy...

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, Ryo Mo fucking Hazuki on a forklift.

before today i barely cared.

after reading this- it rose to the top of want to buy list, SEGA YOU GOT ME! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! KART GAME OF THE FOREVER

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryo on a forklift? Huh. That's pretty cool. Shame I don't particullarly care, to be honest. Just try not to hype yourselves up, guys. ;)

I'm not bothered about the game itself, since I've never been a fan of racing games, just isn't my thing XP. Seeing Ryo in that trailer was really cool though, it's great seeing him again XP.

Ryo on a forklift for allstar move and on the hang on as normal vehicle...

Tsss....

motherfucking HELL TO THE YEAH DAMN STRAIGHT !!!

Now we just need ristar & vectorman and this game will be made of wi-

Wait.... this game was already made of win since the game was in production. ;)

I WANT SEGATA SANSHIRO RIDING THE HANG ON WITH OPA-OPA AS HIS ALL-STAR MOVE. HUURRRAAAAAAHHHHGGGGG

Predicting this to be "the first decent Sonic game this generation" seems a bit daft when you've already given Sonic Unleashed a 7.3. I really dislike reviews with vague number ratings for this reason.

My somewhat off-topic pet peeves aside, though; it's great to see Ryo even after so many people predicted him. I'm now hoping for some Crazy Taxi love, and considering the Werehog references and his place on the Virtual Console - Ristar should have a good chance too. Toejam and Earl would be cool, but to be fair we don't know how much money the creator is asking for - sure he shouldn't give 'em away for free; but SEGA's main goal is of course to make more than they spent.