Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Funny that they haven't even touched that final "d" word yet ('cept for the first letter, obviously). Tomorrow they're going to reveal the r, though. I can bet on that one. Well, that's my guess, anyway.

The items themselves are fun and what you expect from a kart type game, some have a little twist, like one missile type bounces off the walls, it usually catches an AI opponent... human? That remains to be seen. But all seem to be themed on some kind of Sega game object which is cool.

The missiles in Wipeout do that. Wipeout is an interesting example of a kartish racer without rubber banding. Here's what happens in multiplayer: Someone gets lucky with the powerups on the first turn and no one can catch him for the rest of the race unless they either screw up badly or someone gets a quake disrupter which can hit an opponent around a turn.

The missiles in Wipeout do that. Wipeout is an interesting example of a kartish racer without rubber banding. Here's what happens in multiplayer: Someone gets lucky with the powerups on the first turn and no one can catch him for the rest of the race unless they either screw up badly or someone gets a quake disrupter which can hit an opponent around a turn.

I've actually never heard of this game. What system is it for and can I still purchase it?

People keep talking about rubber band AI being an issue in games like this, but I almost feel as if it's necessary.

There comes a point in time where you get so skilled at a game that the AI doesn't bring any sort of challenge to you. A personal example of mine is Crash Nitro Kart. On my best track with 7 laps on, I could lap the competition multiple times. The AI in Sonic Riders wasn't a match for me either. Rubber band AI will at least make things a bit more interesting.

Just to clear things up, Sumo did not make Outrun 2 or OutRun 2006. SEGA-AM2 developed it. Sumo just ported them for home consoles. Just saying, since Sumo was mentioned as developer on the last page and many other times before.

Anyways, for those worrying about the All-Star moves, they could probably be turned off just like how the Superstar Moves in Tennis could be turned off too.

I've actually never heard of this game. What system is it for and can I still purchase it?

It's a Playstation exclusive series, the latest game is Wipeout HD on the PSN. Think F-Zero but less flashy and more complicated controls.

I’m shocked that someone doesn’t know what Wipeout is. It was one of the games that basically made the original Playstation. Anyway, DAMNIT Sega, give us some hints on the last word already! If it’s nothing to do with Shenmue I’ll be angry.

• Thumbs Up 1

it looks okay i guess

Your post needs more opinionz dudez! Discuss as much as you can, and I'm confused as to why you posted your gamer card in your post   :huh:. Also welcome to SSMB, home of the people that love pie.

Also what's up with the word puzzle? *check previous page*

I think this might give us some help with a few hints since it's a six letter word starting with D =P

Edited by Jetronic

HOLAS:

The game seems to have an elastic band style mechanic, no matter how far ahead you get, the AI will ALWAYS find a way to catch you up. No matter what you do.

Also, until you learn to master the drifting move, which is not an easy thing to do, you will find it very hard to win races. Oh yes you'll win, but it won't be easy. Not by a long shot.

Sonic Riders has this. :)

So, back to the phrase:

"OBJECTS IN REAR VIEW D----- MIRROR MAY APPEAR CLOSER IN REALITY"

Watch SEGA reveal just the second letter today. :P

Those magnificent bastards have been avoiding that one word for ages. The next letter is gonna make or break.

That's not guaranteed. We could end up with "DR----" which would be nothing short of funny.

The problem here, though, is that they usually add two letters. Of course, they could throw in just one letter to push the entire thing off. That second letter "r" is definitely going to be the next one, though. Unless it isn't a "dr" word at all, in which case it'll lead to just more questions. But its mostlikely "r."

Couldn't really care about what it is you know. With the lack of general information about the game and my lack of interest in Shenmue, the only thing holding my interest right now is watching this oh-so-famously rabid fanbase. Not that anything bad is happening (Sonic Unleashed reviews... the horrors!) but it's fun to watch people speculate.

I also feel the need to say this even though it's been a long time- yay playable Knuckles!

HOLAS:

Sonic Riders has this. :)

Sonic Riders has 1 character that may present a threat when you are in first place, not the whole race line up.

Someone on the SEGA boards emailed Sumo Digital about Toe jam and earl and here is the response he finally got back from them.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

ToeJam and Earl were characters we did want to include in Sega Superstars Tennis. Sega had looked into it, but it transpires that the rights to the characters actually belong to someone else.

I know Sega tried to resolve this so we could include them – but this wasn’t successful.

As such – though we again proposed their inclusion for Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing, it’s looking unlikely to happen at this stage.

Which is a shame, especially when you’ve pretty much covered our thoughts with your ideas, although we’d have them working together as a team in one car

Hopefully there will be some classic Sega characters that you do like in the final game though – keep an eye on Sega’s website as we’ve got more than a few to announce yet – and some classic ones included in that list!

Best,

Steve

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=299703

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully they might be included as DLC... but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well if they can't get the rights to them Thats not gonna happen.

Well if they can't get the rights to them Thats not gonna happen.

I'm not so sure its true actually, we were told TJ&E was left out of Ultimate Genesis Collection because one of the current executives at SEGA hates the series with a passion, I can't remember where I heard it, I think it was Dreadknux actually. But still, 'we can't get the rights' sounds alot better than 'lol we hate them thats why', besides how did SEGA make TJ&E 3 and include cameos in Shenmue (at least I think they did...) if they can't get the rights? This like Mighty all over again.

OLOOLOLOOOLOLOOOL

they are hiding something

Heh. They really just want to drag it on for as long as possible, don't they?

Oh well. I'm hoping that they reveal it soon.

Edited by The Soldier

Kellie said everything related to this phrase is on a schedule.

It's all a PR in the end :) Maybe SEGA PR changed the date of when this 'info' could be revealed and just notified her yesterday. Hence she never posted yesterday.

Oh I don’t even care any more. I wouldn’t mind so much if this ended a week or so ago with Sega being a little coy with information and having a little fun but getting to the climax soon enough. Then on the other end of the scale there’s this teasing and getting nowhere fast despite all the promise in the world. There are names for girls like that; “Cock tease” comes to mind. Well I’ve got no time for any more of this messing; they can just come right out with it or go away. There are other more fulfilling games to be getting excited about now.

Edited by Paul Street

Hah. Of course, EVERYONE knew that Sega would be putting in the "r" there today. It was so obvious.