Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

360 version is the main version, the PS3 version has more problems.

Actually from what I've seen, the PS3 version's framerate is better.

Actually from what I've seen, the PS3 version's framerate is better.

Look, this isnt the place to get into this, the 360 version is the base version of Sonic Unleashed. This topic is about SEGA All Stars Racing.

Anyways.....who else thinks Vectorman will be in?

I don't think... I hope. And my hope will probably fade off into disappointment, so I'll refrain from hoping.

I hope.

Oh, and Eco The Dolphin XD. He'll be in a big fish bowl while a diver drives the car. His All Star Move, the sound wave thing?

I really really want Crazy Taxi characters and maybe a level in this, it just seems appropriate since this is a racing game. Wasn't there a level in Sonic Riders where Axel or someone made a cameo?

^ What? It was the SAME game! The 360 & PS3 version BOTH had framerate issues which were the same issues. Ah fuck it, just forget it.

What they mean is:

Every multiplatform game has a 'main/base' console it is designed for with the other console versions being ports. Sonic Unleashed had 2 different versions altogether, the main/base console was the Xbox 360 for the HD version and the Wii was the main/base console for the SD version.

Most multiplatform games the Xbox 360 is always the main/base console version, other than this game I only know of 2 other multiplatform games where the PS3 was the main/base console version and those games are Mirrors Edge and Final Fantasy 13. I only know of one multiplatform game where the Wii was the main/base console version and that's Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Least I know which if the HD versions of this game to get now, I could do with more games for my PS3 anyway. I hope Sixaxis steering is in this game. I'll probably still get the Wii and DS versions of this game though for the differences in gameplay.

All I need is my dearest Ristar and I'll be set and sold.

The developer interview is finally up! I was waiting ages for this, it's awesome.

He says ts coming for PC? Sweet!

The developer interview is finally up! I was waiting ages for this, it's awesome.

Wow, they actually tried to make the game work with Sonic on-foot initially? :blink:

I fully understand (and expected to hear) the reasons why he's in a car though - he wouldn't handle right and, let's face it, Sonic would just outrun everyone.

Maybe this will finally put an end to the whole "why iz Sawnik in a car?!" argument, especially as the game developers have said themselves they tried it but it didn't work.

There's no need to explain why Sonic is in a car...this is a Spin off, a fantasy Racing Game with a lot of Sega Hystory characters. Nothing more...

Interesting how they were originally going to have Sonic (and Beat) going around the track without a car.

Thinking about it though, if Sonic were on-foot, they probably could've balanced his greater speed by having weapons take a bigger effect on him than anyone who's protected by their car, and make him easier to knock around/run overable, making it harder for him to mantain a big lead.

Of course I don't really care if Sonic is in a car, I just think it would be funny to see Eggman get some revenge by running him over in his monster truck :lol:

I was surprised by the fact that they actually were trying to make Sonic and Beat run on-foot.

I have faith in the devs on this one, and they sound like they know what they're doing, hopefully.

Talking from a realistic perspective, I think we can expect everyone from Superstars Tennis to be in (possibly not the Recolors). Sonic, Tails, Amy, Shadow, Eggman, Beat, Aiai, Amigo, Kidd Alex are all confirmed, and there's a chance that dwarf from Superstar Tennis will be in soon (I forget his name, I just always call him Ghimli...) and Ulala and NiGHTS are almost 100% certain shoe-ins, but for the fates of Meemee, Reala, and Gum I am uncertain, but possibly.

Now time for some of my dream characters:

I don't expect to see Washington from House of the Dead in, though it'd be hilarious in itself seeing them tone him down for a kids game, but likely they will include Agent G as a playable character. Plus Agent G is like, the most represented House of the Dead character, though I will say it'd be hilarious to play as a Zombie or something.

Considering Ristar is a fan favorite for many, I think he may actually stand a chance of being in this, especially since lots of people wanted him in Superstar Tennis. I can see him riding in a Shooting Star car or something.

If they want to get very recent, they could include Jack from MadWorld, I think he would be an AMAZING character, on his motorcycle and everything.

If they want to go really old school, they could have a Flicky playable.

Seeing someone from Burning Rangers in a minature Burning Ship would be awesome.

I think someone from Crazy Taxi is a shoe in, most likely Axel, but then there might be confusion if they were going to add Axel from Streets of Rage, so they might choose another character from either series.

Opa-Opa in general would be a hilariously awesome character/ship, Since Opa-Opa drives a ship that looks like him.

I wonder if we will see that crazy cat from Chu Chu rocket riding just that, a space rocket.

Finally, I'm curious if they will dive into Phantasy Star. Probably use the dude from Phantasy Star Universe though.

My thoughts on all who should be in, though more, I would like at least a few of the above. XD;

Edited by Rice Golem

You forgot about Pudding, too. She (Pudding's a she, right?) was another "recolor" character, who appeared from Space Channel Five.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure we'll get all the non-recolors back, at least, and perhaps a couple of the others, though I'm not sure about them. NiGHTS and Ulala are definitely in, and I think that Gilius will probably pop up, as well (Gilius Thunderhead is the Golden Axe character featured).

And yeah, I'm absolutely expecting Axel from Crazy Taxi.

Haha now that I know Beat, sonic and shadow are in the same game I've gained a little more interest in this spin off. Now only if SEGA would be smart and give me a JSR game already!

I really really hope that Ulala is in. Space Channel 5 was, I think, the first SEGA game I got cooked on. I bought a Dreamcast just to play it after playing it at a convention. And she's just so pretty :3

I really really hope that Ulala is in. Space Channel 5 was, I think, the first SEGA game I got cooked on. I bought a Dreamcast just to play it after playing it at a convention. And she's just so pretty :3

Ulala is almost certain to be in. Not to mention she's in every SEGA mash-up of characters out there, I would be suprised if she WASN'T in.

Lookie here.

In the ASR Interview story, It says in the second paragraph they're trying to make all the console versions as the same as they can. Also, in the 3rd paragraph, it says why Sonic is in a car.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

That was already posted on the previous page. While we may now know why Sonic is in a car (as if it wasn't already obvious), there'll still be idiots outside of the fanbase who fail to comprehend.

I've noticed somethong...who's behind billy hatcher in this image?? It seems Beat but i'm not sure...

post-1084-1250963263_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueHedgehog92