Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Hmm, I wondering if more cars can be unlocked in the game for the racers, =o. Maybe the stats of each racer is dependent on the car that he or she is driving? I wouldn't mind some nice nostalgic stuffs like Eggman being able to drive his drill car from the first boss in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or maybe he can just hover about the ground in the Egg-o-matic.

I'm not sure what the other racers would get (maybe Tails' original Tornado, Sonic's car from Sonic Drift, etc.), but I think it'd be a fun feature. Definitely something worth playing more to unlock in my perspective anyways.

-Blur

Racing by character no longer cuts it, especially in Kart racers. They always have to give you a selection of things to use, or else it gets too old too quickly. I hope that if there are multiple cars, that there's one that down-right sucks and it's supposed to- and you can just drive it for the sheer challenge. Both the Riders games have these in the form of the Gambler (both) and Mag (ZG only). Problem with them in those games is that everything is so unblanance to begin with, there's no point.

Tails Doll, on Radiant Emerald, hard mode, against all the other robots and Super Sonic, is the best thing ever.

Edited by Blue Blood

• 2 weeks later...

That ninja guy was hanging around and talking to me as well. He's a huge Sega Nerd.

Am I the only one who knew how to take corners well?

Yep, that was me cosplaying as Kage-Maru from Virtua Fighter and I was telling other people how other Sega characters could appear in SASAR like Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter and Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Taisen. I was also addicted to that game too.

PS:Haven't been here in a long time.

So off-topic, but I actually bought SEGA Super-Stars Tennis today. I played it for a bit, not bad, basic tennis game. I haven't bought a game in a while and it was only $20, since I bought it with a gift card, why not?

Hmm... Well, I heard a rumor a short while ago stating that Sumo Digital talked about characters, indicating that the reason for the "clone" characters in Superstars Tennis is that each character has 250 animations, so they used prior models as bases. This time around, though, they want a more diverse cast, so some characters from Tennis may not return in this game.

Unfortunately, I do not know where the source is. This statement does make sense, and probably came from an interview somewhere, but for now I'm classifying it as "rumor." Has anyone heard about this interview (or whatever it was) anywhere, recently?

Another thing stated is that they're trying to bring in both old and new characters, though some older characters may only make "cameos" as opposed to being playable. The last thing is that it reiterates the fact that there's only one more Sonic character in the game (mostlikely Knuckles).

I've heard about this. It comes from a post on the GameFAQs messages boards, apparently from someone who works for Sumo Digital.

First the character roster isn't the same as SST. Two reasons for this...

1. Animation wise, SST needed something like 250 animations per character. So we had to develop a system where we could share certain animations as a starting point. Hence NiGHT's and Reala, Beat and Gum, AiAi and MeeMee etc. This time we are looking at unique animations per character, so we can have a more diverse mix.

2. We want to get a more diverse mix anyway. You've seen all the Sonic characters bar one (and I'll let you speculate!) and we're trying to get some of the fan favourites missing from SST. We'll always have a mix of recent, modern and retro - just hopefully a more fan pleasing selection this time. Note that characters that are quite old or 'obscure' may not make it as playables, but might as cameos.

With such a large selection of Sega characters to draw from - we'll always not get everyone in but we're doing our best to improve on SST at any rate :P

---

S0L

^ Actually, that's where I got it from... (though technically I was on Gamespot). However, I'm mainly asking if anyone knows where the statement was first brought up. It sounds like the person is quoting Sumo Digital, but I haven't seen this specific quote, or statement, anywhere, and I was wondering if anyone knows where the ORIGINAL statement came from.

That's why I marked it as a rumor because Gamefaqs isn't the best source.

Huh... Okay. Well, that makes it a little less believable then, but I suppose it could actually be a Sumo Digital guy.

I've heard about this. It comes from a post on the GameFAQs messages boards, apparently from someone who works for Sumo Digital.

There goes all my hoped for Ristar. That is if this really is a guy from Sumo Digital and not some impersonator, I mean do we have any proof that this guy is real?

There goes all my hoped for Ristar. That is if this really is a guy from Sumo Digital and not some impersonator, I mean do we have any proof that this guy is real?

I think he was referring to Sonic characters wasn't he? Ristar could still be there, though I seriously doubt he will be. I'm kinda miffed at that being all the Sonic characters though, I mean I'd much rather have Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Silver or even Blaze than Big the Cat, they could've had a tonne of interesting vehicle designs for those characters like Sonics car and Tails' plane rather than Big on his crummy bike.

I think he was referring to Sonic characters wasn't he? Ristar could still be there, though I seriously doubt he will be. I'm kinda miffed at that being all the Sonic characters though, I mean I'd much rather have Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Silver or even Blaze than Big the Cat, they could've had a tonne of interesting vehicle designs for those characters like Sonics car and Tails' plane rather than Big on his crummy bike.

The post says

You've seen all the Sonic characters bar one (and I'll let you speculate!)

So if this really is a guy from Sumo Digital, we still have one more Sonic character to be announced yet.

This has been known for a while now, and you guys are just finding it out? =P He says the line up will be surprising and there will be lots of characters people weren't expecting. (He's referring to SEGA characters of course though, not Sonic, since there is only gonna be 1 more sonic character. )

The only info we have heard before is that we're getting one more Sonic character. At least, that's the only info I've heard. So yeah, that tidbit IS backed up by prior evidence. We know there's one more Sonic character, and the only LOGICAL choice would be Knuckles. Since Blaze and Silver usually pop up paired in spinoffs (the exception was Mario and Sonic, but Silver still has an in-game model that wasn't used), its highly doubtful either of them will make the cut. The only other possibility is Metal Sonic, since he is the last character who cameoed in SST, and I doubt they'd choose a character who didn't appear in SST at all, since already they've only chosen the playables, as well as a "ref" character.

S0L is so awesome

I've got some...

Will you reveal what the Chase Cards do on OutRun2?

Does the space shuttle take off at the end of Milky Way?

Are the Daytona Bonus tracks in?

Oh hang on - wrong game :P

I'm sure we'll be able to answer quite a few of these, but this is going to be a reeeaaaalll loooong interview with all these questions to get through :P

---

S0L

---

Trust me, I've seen way more info then most of you know =P S0L posts everywhere. You gotta be on the look out for his posts.

It's nice he visits such fantastic sites as GameFAQ's to share the information. Does he visit /v/, too?

So if this really is a guy from Sumo Digital, we still have one more Sonic character to be announced yet.

Oh yeah, I saw that, I just meant they could've already picked some much better choices than what they currently have. XD Doesn't matter so much anyway, if what Shadikat says is true, it'll be a lot more fun to see a larger variety of other SEGA characters instead.

Do you mind sharing any other information you may know that we don't, Shadikat?

S0L is so awesome

Shadi, don't spoil too much. :lol:

Trust me, I've seen way more info then most of you know =P S0L posts everywhere. You gotta be on the look out for his posts.

Please SEGA please!!! Knuckles and Blaze ! :(

Uh...we've only got one Sonic character left...

^ Mmm, I doubt it'll be Cream. It would be ironic if it doesn't turn out to be Knuckles, but I don't think it will.

Huh... Okay. Well, that makes it a little less believable then, but I suppose it could actually be a Sumo Digital guy.

Believe me when I say S0l posts a lot. I beleive the guy too, I remember seeing him around GameFAQS on the Superstars Tennis board before release, and him hinting at Alex Kidd, and seriously, you couldn't of guessed that and been wrong everywhere else. He's a developer that likes being in touch with his fans, what can I say. *shrugs*

The main takers for the title- Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, and Vector I think. Only because those seem to be the filler characters these days.

S0L is awesome, still calls the game SEGA Superstars Racing

Hello,

Sorry been busy, oddly enough sorting something out for GamesCon

I won't be at GamesCon sadly, SSR keeping me real busy! One of the SSR design team will be there representing us tho! But I will be at Summer of Sonic, where we hope to give people a good solid look at SSR. Maybe even a hands on Hopefully some of you will make it so I can put some faces to names

As to character discussion, I can't say anything at the moment as we've been asked to keep things under wraps. Sorry!

---

S0L

---

Only 1 Sonic character less?? I think it's just a fake. There's only one Sonic female, and it would be logical another one (Blaze anyone???). Knuckles is the other obvious choice. But Blaze is ABSOLUTE sure...she's everywere these days. Yesterday I met her even at the Grocery, and 2 weeks ago she was at the cinema :D

BIG has NO SENSE. SEGA, I hate you for this -_-

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Only 1 Sonic character less?? I think it's just a fake. There's only one Sonic female, and it would be logical another one (Blaze anyone???). Knuckles is the other obvious choice. But Blaze is ABSOLUTE sure...she's everywere these days. Yesterday I met her even at the Grocery, and 2 weeks ago she was at the cinema :D

BIG has NO SENSE. SEGA, I hate you for this -_-

It's a SEGA game, it's not gonna be all Sonic characters, get over it. As you can see S0L doesn't even call it a Sonic game, he still calls it SEGA Superstars Racing.