Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'll admit, after a failed lap of Jumble Jungle I camped out near some item boxes and launched rockets at players as they passed. If it helps, I was Eggman at the time.

You could, you know, swap friend details with people and use the 'Play with Friends' option, thus getting a game with people who want to play! We'd have offered a means of picking a given game via WFC, but it's not set up to work that way.

Besides, maybe JASON likes to watch other people race. maybe he just want's to take in the tracks? Players find fun in a million different ways :)

I mean, like some of them create a news site and spend lots of time attempting to create controversy. You don't know what goes through some people's minds :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know, you'd have to ask Sonic Team, they asked us to do it like that :P

---

S0L

---

Really? Wow, that's bizarre. Especially considering the SST Super Shadow textures were correctly coloured (if memory serves).

Sonic Team are such frrrrreaks.

I liked it when X-Play was funny a few years back.

I laughed my ass off at most of their skits.

Now it's all serious, and technological, and high-budget. >_>

So true. Today's X-Play is like CNN for gamers.................but just as boring. I liked it when they didn't take themselves seriously, and focuses on the funny and entertaining aspect than the boring and informative. Definitely love the Sensitive Sess skits.

You could, you know, swap friend details with people and use the 'Play with Friends' option, thus getting a game with people who want to play! We'd have offered a means of picking a given game via WFC, but it's not set up to work that way.

Besides, maybe JASON likes to watch other people race. maybe he just want's to take in the tracks? Players find fun in a million different ways :)

I mean, like some of them create a news site and spend lots of time attempting to create controversy. You don't know what goes through some people's minds :P

---

S0L

---

I can understand that but he only picks the same 1 track over and over in both times I've come across him. I do have alot of people from this forums friend codes but sometimes I like to just play random people but you don't expect them to have random "I must lose" addictions :lol: I'm hoping to set up a Wii version tournament on here sometime since we've had alot of fun with Xbox 360 and PS3 tournaments.

Lol at the TSSZ reference :lol:

Got around to playing a little bit of the high-end version of this game.

The tracks have more depth than in the DS version, but the game still feels more visual than anything. It looks quite lovely and there's nothing wrong with the controls, however I still can't get myself to really have fun with any of the tracks, of which I've played around six. One positive I will note about this game is how it avoids the glaring item spamming of the Mario Kart series, so races don't feel like draw of the luck on whether you're going to win or not. I think this is a decent game but there's not much in it to keep my interest, despite the pretty graphics and character roster, so I'm probably going to be calling quits on this and resort to watching gameplay videos.

mmmm I thought of something today ... S0L would be difficult to add trophies to the PS3 version of SEGA Superstars Tennis? I think a lot can still match or do you really not interested at this point? still seems a very fun game.

Edited by Yuluga

mmmm I thought of something today ... S0L would be difficult to add trophies to the PS3 version of SEGA Superstars Tennis? I think a lot can still match or do you really not interested at this point? still seems a very fun game.

They wouldn't do that, if you take a look at the Xbox 360's Achievement list a bunch of them are only obtainable online. I have the PS3 version and the online has been dead for quite some time.

There's some sad people online, I've come across that JASON guy again who I mentioned I'd fell into a lobby with a couple of weeks back on the Wii version. Anyway, he was hosting again and like last time he's just playing as Sonic, CPU's on, waits for a few people to join and keeps selecting Whale Lagoon then every race just trails behind slowly in 8th place never finishing the race.

This is easy to do - if you "pause" during an online race, the AI takes over for you and guides you very slowly around the track. You'll never win a race (well, unless you're 1st and everyone decides to go AFK), but it's easy to host a match, then just hit Start or + or whatever when the race starts, do something else while the race goes on, then take care of the post-match stuff and start the race again. If nothing else, it's a tedious way to farm SEGA Miles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit, after a failed lap of Jumble Jungle I camped out near some item boxes and launched rockets at players as they passed. If it helps, I was Eggman at the time.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you had a headset and were laughing like a maniac the entire time! :lol:

"How do you like THIS?!"

• Thumbs Up 1

They wouldn't do that, if you take a look at the Xbox 360's Achievement list a bunch of them are only obtainable online. I have the PS3 version and the online has been dead for quite some time.

know ... the same staff would be encouraged again.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you had a headset and were laughing like a maniac the entire time! :lol:

"How do you like THIS?!"

Ha ha, Eggman, if you weren't using a headset while you were doing that, then you need to use a headset and shout "GET A LOAD OF THIS! GET A LOAD OF THIS! GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!" if you ever do it again. :lol:

Ha ha, Eggman, if you weren't using a headset while you were doing that, then you need to use a headset and shout "GET A LOAD OF THIS! GET A LOAD OF THIS! GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!" if you ever do it again. :lol:

"Now... allow me to introduce you to my latest invention!"

God, I love Dr. Eggman more than is healthy! :lol::blink::lol::lol:

"How do you like THIS?!"

lol, I didn't but I will now. "Get a load of- Get a load of- Get a load of this!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I guarantee you, if they patched any game with trophies that had online requirements. Within an hour it would be buzzing again.

Case in point Lord of the Rings Conquest, EA recently announced that the online service would shut down in the next few months. Suddenly the game is buzzing with users trying to get the platinum trophy before it becomes impossible.

I have the PS3 version and the online has been dead for quite some time.

Really? It's hardly dead from what I'm seeing.

Every time I look for a race there are plenty of rooms to join.

Really? It's hardly dead from what I'm seeing.

Every time I look for a race there are plenty of rooms to join.

He's talking about Sega Superstars Tennis.

Case in point Lord of the Rings Conquest, EA recently announced that the online service would shut down in the next few months. Suddenly the game is buzzing with users trying to get the platinum trophy before it becomes impossible.

And that's why I hate achievements/trophies that require online. The online mode is obviously going to eventually die out or shut down, so why basically put a time limit on how long someone has to earn the throphy? Now anyone who buys the game after EA shut the severs down won't even have a chance to unlock the platnium, which sucks.

...Sorry, that was pretty off-topic. It's just that online exclusive achievements/throphies annoy me.

I guarantee you, if they patched any game with trophies that had online requirements. Within an hour it would be buzzing again.

Well there is that and I would most likely join in to get those Trophies aswell as enjoy some online fun but I still doubt that it will get a Trophy patch as they wouldn't get any money back from it. I think the game was discontinued as you can only find it pre-owned these days.

And that's why I hate achievements/trophies that require online. The online mode is obviously going to eventually die out or shut down, so why basically put a time limit on how long someone has to earn the throphy? Now anyone who buys the game after EA shut the severs down won't even have a chance to unlock the platnium, which sucks.

EA are the only company who routinely shuts down their servers for games, mainly to stop people from just playing Madden/Tiger Woods/FIFA 10 forever and not buying the 11 version when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2

EA are the only company who routinely shuts down their servers for games, mainly to stop people from just playing Madden/Tiger Woods/FIFA 10 forever and not buying the 11 version when it comes out.

In their defense though, they do keep a lot of them open for quite a while, well at least they used to, Fifa 09 had some of it's stuff shut down the moment the 09 season ended and they never told anyone that it wouldn't 2010 season.

Mind you I'd rather Sega trophy patch Valkyria Chronicles above all else.

Anyway, do we have any news on when the patch will come out? I know that for a game of this type it isn't fastracked like a couple of other over hyped games that I could mention. So it goes through the standard Sony standard testing (and the MS testing), isn't this normally a 3-4 week thing? At least thats what the devs over at IL-2 Sturmovik tells it's fan.

In their defense though, they do keep a lot of them open for quite a while, well at least they used to, Fifa 09 had some of it's stuff shut down the moment the 09 season ended and they never told anyone that it wouldn't 2010 season.

Mind you I'd rather Sega trophy patch Valkyria Chronicles above all else.

Anyway, do we have any news on when the patch will come out? I know that for a game of this type it isn't fastracked like a couple of other over hyped games that I could mention. So it goes through the standard Sony standard testing (and the MS testing), isn't this normally a 3-4 week thing? At least thats what the devs over at IL-2 Sturmovik tells it's fan.

The only DLC release info we have at present is sooner rather than later which S0L said about a week or so ago.

EDIT: Here we are -

You'll hear more about DLC very soon. I don't want to steal SEGA's thunder on this. But you'll be seeing some sooner than you expect - and it's AWESOME. I've just played it :)

---

S0L

---

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/asr-dlc-coming-sooner-rather-than-later-no-all-star-moves-online-explained