Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Unlikely as the DLC is for the PS3 too.

So what? Platform-exclusive DLC is still a possibility. You get a Banjo track for the 360 version and Ratchet/Clank for the PS3 version.

M&M's for DLC, they have experience :lol: -

51efMAnHWUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Probably the finest kart racer ever made!

Edited by PsychoJosh

M&M's for DLC, they have experience laugh.gif -

51efMAnHWUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

screw dat shit we need:

crazy-frog-racer-ps2.jpg

Do u agree or wat?

---------------------------

Anyway, I finally played the DS demo, and think the game was really awesome. Sure, I could only get in first on easy, but I tried each difficulty only once, and on normal I came in second and on hard third >_>. I'm not all too good at racing games..

Damn that's bad! When it first started playing it looked like a very poor version of SaSAR, with the player playing as Amigo.

"Approaching sound barrier!"

As much as I love SaSAR, it's now sitting on my shelf gathering dust. More tracks for DLC please.

Am I the only one thinking that full new tracks is a bit much to expect for DLC? Of course it would be nice to be proven wrong, but it seems a bit hefty. I mean, from what I can gather, wasn't most of the DLC for Unleashed basically new acts for existing levels? Meaning reused skins, textures, items etc... in that regard, doesn't expecting entirely new tracks seem a bit much?

Granted, being a Nintendo gamer I'm not overly familiar with DLC. Anyone care to run by me some examples of games that have had stuff like full new levels?

OMG Its a kart racing game lets automatically brand it as a mario kart rip off like we did with S&SASR & Crash Nitro Kart 3D nomnomnomnom (taking the piss out of critics saying every kart racing game is a mario kart clone -_- and this was totally random post lol XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9bAhtg82Fw&NR=1

So what? Platform-exclusive DLC is still a possibility. You get a Banjo track for the 360 version and Ratchet/Clank for the PS3 version.

I really hope so, but I honestly doubt they'd do that as they wouldn't gain to much from doing it. :(

Damn, that looked terrible! I mean I knew it'd be bad but...Jesus H. Christ! I love how he said about the sound barrier when the race was about 3MPH. :lol:

Granted, being a Nintendo gamer I'm not overly familiar with DLC. Anyone care to run by me some examples of games that have had stuff like full new levels?

The first thing that springs to mind is Resi 5's recent DLC, Lost in Nightmares (not that I've played the game :P).

Edited by Sinister Swiss

Damn. Tried that and it made me miss loads of gates.

Looks like I'll just need to practice and get better. D:

I did this one last night, and it's not easy. You can afford to miss a few 10 point gates and still get a AAA. What I did was this:

- Go up the ramp in front, making an "S" shape movement

- Did the two 50 point outside rings after jumping over the middle and getting one of the 20 point rings (and landing on a 10 point ring if I could help it, saves time later)

- Back on the middle bit in another "S"

- Through the bottom level, collecting all remaining 10 point gates

- Final ramp for 20 points

If you use tricks in the air after the outside ramps and steer sharp in the air towards your next target, you will have JUST enough time to mess about at the end and collect all the 10s on the bottom floor. I got the AAA just as time ran out doing this, but it took a long time to get the timing right. Good luck!

It's not unfeasible for whole new tracks to be added as DLC, though patches and new characters are far more common for racers. The first thing that sprang to my mind for entirely new DLC areas was Oblivion. The Shivering Isles expansion pack added an entirely new area with about 20 hours more gameplay in it, and that was DLC on Xbox before it was released on physical disk. There are several other DLC areas Xbox has for that game that the PS3 does not (Wizard's Tower or something like that for one). Can only hope and keep our fingers crossed for new tracks, eh? :)

Quick question (probably been asked before, but I'll ask anyway), shouldn't this be moved out of the Upcoming Games section? :P

Quick question (probably been asked before, but I'll ask anyway), shouldn't this be moved out of the Upcoming Games section? :P

Agreed this topic should be moved to Sonic Discussion :)

Edited by Crash

Well, Fallout 3 had five new expansion packs set in entirely new cities. Grand Theft Auto IV had two entirely new episodes which, although not changing the city, had entirely new stories, missions, actors, cutscenes, vehicles, minigames, radio stations, buildings and weapons. Halo and Gears of War regularly come out with brand new maps set in new foreign locales like snow-covered glaciers and lush forests.

The list goes on and on. So yes, entirely new tracks are not unexpected.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Whew! Finally finished the game 100%- at least I think!

the Ultimate Collection challenge says 49/49, so I'm assuming it's 50 if you include that one itself?

Big the Cat is so awesome that he doesn't even need to be hit by a Confusion Star to become confused.

Apparently if you do a wheelie as Big and hold right or left with both the control stick and D-pad the screen flips. Neat!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know the quickest way to earn SEGA Miles? I'm planning on sending this back to LoveFilm tomorrow and wanna get my last achievement (Gold License) beforehand...

And I laughed at that Big Glitch. :lol:

Anyone know the quickest way to earn SEGA Miles? I'm planning on sending this back to LoveFilm tomorrow and wanna get my last achievement (Gold License) beforehand...

Play races which have 9 laps on tracks that no chance of falling off the edge (so that first house of the dead track is a good one). You can get around 10,000 sega miles per race if you come first and perform the odd trick or two and use power ups to take out other racers.

Play races which have 9 laps on tracks that no chance of falling off the edge (so that first house of the dead track is a good one). You can get around 10,000 sega miles per race if you come first and perform the odd trick or two and use power ups to take out other racers.

I had a go on that using Ocean Ruin yesterday, and the 12-minute long race got me just over 9000 (lol). I'll try each track to see which is best. :)

Edited by Sinister Swiss

I had a go on that using Ocean Ruin yesterday, and the 12-minute long race got me just over 9000 (lol). I'll try each track to see which is best. :)

Swiss you want do a race online to get your sega miles up to get your gold license :)?

Edited by Crash

Are we still talking about DLC characters? I was daydreaming today about Metal Sonic. I thought his all-star move could be hopping out of his car with extra speed, with the Sonic CD Eggmobile behind him knocking out everyone he passes with a wide beam. Reference to his first boss fight would be awesome.

Swiss you want do a race online to get your sega miles up to get your gold license :)?

Sorry man, I only just checked this topic again...maybe tomorrow if you're available? I also saw you joined a lobby I was in earlier as Alex Kidd. :)

And Cupcake, I'm still not too keen on the Metal Sonic idea (as awesome as that All-Star move sounds), but that's probably because I just wanna see more old school SEGA characters. :D

Edited by Sinister Swiss

Are we still talking about DLC characters? I was daydreaming today about Metal Sonic. I thought his all-star move could be hopping out of his car with extra speed, with the Sonic CD Eggmobile behind him knocking out everyone he passes with a wide beam. Reference to his first boss fight would be awesome.

That's an awesome idea for his all-star move, I wonder what his car would look like though? Even though he's supposed to be like Sonic I wouldn't want his car looking too similar to his. I still say in regards to Sonic characters I would still want Blaze, Silver, The Chaotix all in one car, and Tails Doll before Metal Sonic.

DK Quagmire over at ONM forums says there is an error with Rocky Coaster's map -

well, iv'e given up on searching for Manic. it was just a one of afterall. but...

I found another error in the game, which i think was a mistake!!!

go on to your collection screen and look at the map of Carnival Town's Rocky Coaster!!! they put the start line in the wrong place!!!

there are two long streights on the course. the one at the start and one at the half way bit, where there are items and it goes up and down, with the star shaped balloons. the startline goes of to the left, while the halfway stright goes of to the right.

where the startline is on the map, it dosn't matter which way you come from, you'll always exit the streight going right, instead of left!

http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=46949&start=1175

Is that true? Can't be bothered to check myself :lol:

EDIT:

Just checked and yeah the map is incorrect, no matter which direction from the flag you go it's a right turn where as the first turn from the start in-game is a left turn,

Speaking of Rocky Coaster, don't forget the poor DS version - despite having totally unique Samba tracks, they kept the screenshots from the hi-def versions - wonder if any DS only owners have noticed that the screenshot in-game for the third track, "Sun Fair" looks nothing like the actual track? XD

(JSRF tracks have the same problem though not as bad lol - only Rokakku Hill looks THAT off).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Rocky Coaster, don't forget the poor DS version - despite having totally unique Samba tracks, they kept the screenshots from the hi-def versions - wonder if any DS only owners have noticed that the screenshot in-game for the third track, "Sun Fair" looks nothing like the actual track? XD

(JSRF tracks have the same problem though not as bad lol - only Rokakku Hill looks THAT off).

I think I may have subconciously noticed that but never realised :lol: Tsk tsk Sumo, false advertising like that. You should be ashamed of yourselves!! Only joking :P

^ Lol, I noticed. But Sun Fair is a lot of fun, it's among my favorite tracks. But all the Samba tracks aren't altered, we still have Jump Parade on DS.