Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'm still completely stumped as to how to pull off a wheelie on the home console versions, I've looked through the manuals and I've tried all buttons but cant do it. On the DS version you just hold down on the d-pad but it doesnt appear to be that simple on the other versions. Does anyone here know how to do it? Any help would be very much appreciated :)
Push Up then Down on the Anolog Stick... (Not sure for motion controls.)
Its just a little annoying like he/she thinks they're too good to win, Zone_Seeker has just done some detective work and it turns out the person is a member of the Wii game hacking community where they've hacked the game so they can use unlimited items. >_< EDIT: I see S0L, I bet you're p'd off that people have hacked the Wii version so they can cheat against online players :(

IMO, it would be tons worse of he just hacked and just finished the race in a few seconds.

The Wii seems to be the easiest console to "hack" (Homebrew) and Nintendo don't seem do much with banning online, so I for one was expecting this to happen really soon.

Edited by Veritech Guardian

This game is really fun - but just one question regarding the controls: how do you do the starting boost relative to the 360 controller? I can't seem to figure it out / time it right..

Aiai and the Bonanza Bros are my favourite two three characters so far. (:

This game is really fun - but just one question regarding the controls: how do you do the starting boost relative to the 360 controller? I can't seem to figure it out / time it right..

Hit Gas when the countdown is going between 3 and 2.

The faster the character charges up drift boost the closer to 2 you should hold it at. Opposite for characters that take longer to charge a drift boost.

From what I can tell, nearly every character is different, Shadow you need to press accel just after "2" shows up, but others just before. It's a bit hit and miss really till you learn it :V

The variable boost patterns and difficult wheelie controls are why I'm sticking with one character (namely Sonic the Hedgehog) throughout all my single player games, aside from making attempts towards the trophies that require multiple characters. I always know when to get a boost off the line: for Sonic, 'tis a fraction of a second before "Two!" on the PlayStation3. I mean, the other characters are awesome and great fun in multiplayer splitscreen, when you're not playing for anything besides SEGA Miles. That's where I got Ryo Hazuki and Dr. Eggman to pull off their All-Star Moves before my trophies were wiped out by yesterday's shenane... shenenu... shenmuenen... events.

Push Up then Down on the Anolog Stick... (Not sure for motion controls.)

IMO, it would be tons worse of he just hacked and just finished the race in a few seconds.

The Wii seems to be the easiest console to "hack" (Homebrew) and Nintendo don't seem do much with banning online, so I for one was expecting this to happen really soon.

Thanks for the help :D

Hate to destroy this, but TJ+E have never been planned for ASR. If there is any mention in there, it's purely placeholder. We've not done art (2D or 3D), animation, sound or music. we knew from SST that TJ+E had some interesting licensing issues, I'll leave it at that.

:(

First VectorMan and now TJ&E. Just my luck with character requests.

Well, I did get Ryo.

Here's to praying the Ristar makes it as DLC. If I don't see him, but another lame Sonic character makes the cut (Silver, Rouge, Vector, Charmy...basically any of them) I'll....I'lll.....umm, I don't know.

This game seems pretty easy. I've been successful in the Grand Prix Expert mode. It's a walk in the park. I've earned more trophies in this game then any other I've played. The only thing that gets my goat at the moment is, how the hell can other plays be so fecking faster than me? I've played online one-on-one with Top Cat a couple of nights ago, and I can hardly call it racing. It's just two people running on the same track sparsely separated. The only time we're close together is on the startline, and it's mere seconds before I'm out of the race. It's no contest.

For the Wii, you just shake the remote (with motion controls) to wheelie. It can be a bit unresponsive at times, I usually shake the remote up and down slightly to get it to work.

I did notice though just now against Shadzter on the DS version that wheelies there don't seem to give you any kind of boost. Also DS multiplayer seemds a bit empty with a lack of CPU characters, and as a result can get a bit one-sided if one person falls too far behind.

Got all my trophies back after booting up my save file, they're still not showing up on my trophies list though...

EDIT: Yes they are now, ignor this pleassssse

Potential music tracks for future DLC is something I've been thinking about. Will we get new music tracks in the DLC?

Some I think would be ace to race to, from the Sonic-verse (with the best in bold)...

- "Green Hill Zone" from Sonic the Hedgehog

- "Emerald Hill Zone" from Sonic the Hedgehog 2

- "Mystic Cave Zone" from Sonic the Hedgehog 2

- "Flying Battery Zone, Act 2" from Sonic 3 & Knuckles

- "Stardust Speedway Zone (Present)" from Sonic CD - USA

- "Theme of Green Cave" from Sonic Riders

- "Theme of SEGA Carnival" from Sonic Riders

- "Through Traffic" from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

- "Gadget Round" from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

- "The Core" from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

- "Wave Ocean ~The Inlet~" from Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)

- "White Acropolis ~Snowy Peak~" from Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)

- "Radical Train ~The Chase~" from Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)

- "Crisis City ~The Flame ~ Skyscraper ~ Whirlwind ~ Tornado~" from Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)

- Any of the Day Stage tracks from Sonic Unleashed (my top two being "Arid Sands - Day" and "Eggmanland - Day")

- "Vs. Egg Dragoon" from Sonic Unleashed

- "Dark Gaia Phase 2 ~ Endless Possibilities Orchestra Version" from Sonic Unleashed

This is in absolutely no way a list of demands! I just love listing things when I really get going! I'm also listening to all the tracks above and discovering more and more, so thought I should stop! But since music is such an important part of this game (as it always rightfully is, especially in all modern Sonic games) I was wondering if the DLC would be getting some sweet tunes from the back catalogue, and not just new racers and new courses?

The problem with music tracks from Sonic 1 and 2 is that SEGA don't have the rights to them - Masato Nakamura does, and apparently he likes to charge lots of money to license his music. Hence why the "Act Complete" music from Sonic 3 & Knuckles is used so much in the series.

I definately would love a few more tunes. Final Fortress in particular feels lacking. The track choices are great but the only one "epic" enough for a final track is Final Fortress itself, which of course, just feels like the "default" choice.

...Yeah I've been assigning particular music to particular tracks in my head, and want a better choice for the final track in the game.

I did notice though just now against Shadzter on the DS version that wheelies there don't seem to give you any kind of boost. Also DS multiplayer seemds a bit empty with a lack of CPU characters, and as a result can get a bit one-sided if one person falls too far behind.

Yeah, when I was doing wheelies with Shadow it only gives a slight increase in speed and yeah multiplayer was a bit empty but would probably be better if we could get 2 more people so we have the 4 player maximum.

Is it possible to select music for tracks when playing online? It seems not to be, and the tracks are randomized.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it possible to select music for tracks when playing online? It seems not to be, and the tracks are randomized.

Yeah it's randomised I think... thankfully. First couple of races I got default track music and was a bit worried that it just defaulted to those coz you can't choose, lol.

I love this game! <3

Opa-Opa is my main. I have to admit that his animations can really put you off when drifting, but he's a great racer once you're used to him.

Shibuyah Downtown is probably my best track. I always have at least a 30 second lead over everyone, I've even managed to lap some racers.

Something looks odd about Big though. Did he always have those tufts on the back of his head? His voice.. are those clips from Sonic X? Or are they new recordings?

I've got all the achievements apart from the ones online, which I doubt i'll be getting until my net is sorted.

Cream the Rabbit or The Chaotix for DLC <3

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly don't know why SEGA doesn't just buy the rights to the Sonic 1 & 2 music, they have the money and lord knows they're going to use it again at some point.

I honestly don't know why SEGA doesn't just buy the rights to the Sonic 1 & 2 music, they have the money and lord knows they're going to use it again at some point.

But how do they use GHZ so many times? Or all those Sonic 1/2 tracks in Brawl? Am I missing something here?

Another one to chalk up the innuendo list from the announcer:

"Big showing he can give as good as take" >.>

Also, it's funny. I hated the Monkey Ball stages at first, now I love at least two of them. Maybe because they're some of the hardest tracks in the game, and once you've got the hang of them it's immensely satisfying, especially that final madcap climb in Monkey Target.

Gah, I'm having so much trouble trying to AAA the Sonic and Shadow rival race at Final Fortress, even in a perfect run I only get AA rank because Sonic always catches up right at the end >_>

His voice.. are those clips from Sonic X? Or are they new recordings?

I'm pretty sure S0L said they are new recordings from the Sonic X VA.

I'm pretty sure S0L said they are new recordings from the Sonic X VA.

Yeah they're new recordings from the Sonic X VA, most of the lines are re-recordings of Big lines from previous games though.

Problem time, now PS3's are fixed I've been trying to get the Fighters Megamix trophy again as it didn't save last time, I'm back down to 19/20 for it. Alex Kidd and Amigo were the last 2 I needed last time an I've tried them both and it's still saying 19/20, I suppose I'm gonna have to go through every fucking character to unlock it again...

Oh, S0L if you're still here, could you give us a rough date on when DLC will be announced? Like are we talking a matter of days/ weeks/ months? Is the DLC even finished?

ONE MORE THING (Jacky Chan Adventures style xD), if you DO make a sequel, multiple vehicles MKDS style would be WOW. It'd be an awesome way to give unrepresented franchises a little nod and lord knows there's enough SEGA vehicles to provide a huge selection.

So I've finally got the game and it;s working on my PS3! Yay! Utterly love it, it's lost none of the charm and fun of the build I played at SOS it's great fun.

At this point only one suggestion and it's not a new character or track type... theres only one kind of DLC we need, oh yes and you know what it is... 1970's trousers mode! It'll be awesome, you driving around in your 70's trousers, when your character does a jump or some kind of trick in the cars you'll see the trousers in all their glory! Can you imagine Ryo in 70's trousers! Well you wouldn't need to! 1970's trousers DLC! Yeah! SUPER HORN!

Ulala could be in TJ & Earl's Spaceship xD If they aren't in the game. Or well...Even if they are the game it'd still be fun(ny) =D.