Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

One thing I do find a tad disappointing with the DS version is that it doesn't seem to take notice of what difficulty level you complete any Grand Prix on. Once you've done it, regardless of what difficulty you did it on, you'll have a star next to it on every difficulty level.

Also, you see the credits after finishing all Grand Prix cups on any level, whereas on the console versions you only get them after finishing every difficulty.

It's a minor gripe for sure, but it does slash the DS game's replay value quite a bit, because whereas the higher difficulty levels are locked on the console versions, on the DS everything's open from the beginning and the game doesn't really acknowledge which difficulty you're playing, meaning that there's practically zero motivation to go and replay every track on ever difficulty level, other than personal satisfaction. And even then, it's hard to keep track of unless you play it all in a single sitting.

That said however, having completed every Grand Prix (on a combination of difficulty levels, I started with Easy when I first got the game, then moved up as I got better- I'm yet to do every cup on a single difficulty), my records screen only says I've finished 85% of the Grand Prix. Anyone know what's up with that?

Incidentally, can you get anything more than a single gold star next to a Grand Prix on the DS version?

One thing I do find a tad disappointing with the DS version is that it doesn't seem to take notice of what difficulty level you complete any Grand Prix on. Once you've done it, regardless of what difficulty you did it on, you'll have a star next to it on every difficulty level.

Also, you see the credits after finishing all Grand Prix cups on any level, whereas on the console versions you only get them after finishing every difficulty.

It's a minor gripe for sure, but it does slash the DS game's replay value quite a bit, because whereas the higher difficulty levels are locked on the console versions, on the DS everything's open from the beginning and the game doesn't really acknowledge which difficulty you're playing, meaning that there's practically zero motivation to go and replay every track on ever difficulty level, other than personal satisfaction. And even then, it's hard to keep track of unless you play it all in a single sitting.

That said however, having completed every Grand Prix (on a combination of difficulty levels, I started with Easy when I first got the game, then moved up as I got better- I'm yet to do every cup on a single difficulty), my records screen only says I've finished 85% of the Grand Prix. Anyone know what's up with that?

Incidentally, can you get anything more than a single gold star next to a Grand Prix on the DS version?

I've only completed the DS Grand Prix on easy but I may go play it some more later and see what happens. By the way as you're online, fancy a game on the DS version right now or later or whenever you're free?

I would, but am heading to the doctor's now to try and get something for this bloody chesty cough/ infection thing I've had for the last couple of weeks. >.<

Will be back online later, will give you a heads up then. I already have you added on both versions. :3

I would, but am heading to the doctor's now to try and get something for this bloody chesty cough/ infection thing I've had for the last couple of weeks. >.<

Will be back online later, will give you a heads up then. I already have you added on both versions. :3

No probs, hope you feel better soon. I'll keep an eye on my PM Inbox later on then, I've got you added on both too. Take care :)

Thanks for the answers, S0L, but there's still a couple of things that you didn't cover quite enough...

Achievements - they all do work, if you're struggling with the All-Star ones, make sure you've either flipped or spun a player out, they don't count otherwise...

While you did address the All-star move Achievement, you didn't address my problem regarding the "Working Man" Achievement. As I said before, I unlocked the Achievement, but in the License menu of the game, it isn't giving me credit for the Achievement. After I redid the required action to obtain it, the Achievement was checked off in the License menu, until I turned off my Xbox, then booted the game up again and it said I hadn't unlocked the Achievement. This is only one of many similar stories. If you go to Xbox360Achievements.org, you'll find people talking about not unlocking the Achievement for beating one Staff Ghost, purchasing one item in the Shop, etc. I'd just like to know if you guys are planning to fix these bugs, or are at least looking into them. I'd hate to complete everything in the game, only to find that it's not giving me an Achievement for beating all of the Staff Ghosts, and therefore cutting me out of over 100 Gamerscore.

The second thing is the one thing that you didn't address: Is there a possibility Banjo & Kazooie and the Avatar characters will make it in as potential CPU characters? I like having a nice mix of competitors, and adding those two to the mix would make the game a tad bit better.

EDIT: I've flipped and/or spun enemies as every character. I kept track of the racers I've successfully attacked opponents with via All-star Moves, and I know for a fact that either Alex Kidd or the Bonanza Bros are not marked off on the list. I just used their All-star Moves, and I flipped an opponent as Alex Kidd, and I made MANY of them spin out as the Bonanza Bros. Something's not adding up. Do I have to finish the race?

Edited by Brianzilla2004

Thanks for the answers, S0L, but there's still a couple of things that you didn't cover quite enough...

While you did address the All-star move Achievement, you didn't address my problem regarding the "Working Man" Achievement. As I said before, I unlocked the Achievement, but in the License menu of the game, it isn't giving me credit for the Achievement. After I redid the required action to obtain it, the Achievement was checked off in the License menu, until I turned off my Xbox, then booted the game up again and it said I hadn't unlocked the Achievement. This is only one of many similar stories. If you go to Xbox360Achievements.org, you'll find people talking about not unlocking the Achievement for beating one Staff Ghost, purchasing one item in the Shop, etc. I'd just like to know if you guys are planning to fix these bugs, or are at least looking into them. I'd hate to complete everything in the game, only to find that it's not giving me an Achievement for beating all of the Staff Ghosts, and therefore cutting me out of over 100 Gamerscore.

The second thing is the one thing that you didn't address: Is there a possibility Banjo & Kazooie and the Avatar characters will make it in as potential CPU characters? I like having a nice mix of competitors, and adding those two to the mix would make the game a tad bit better.

Weird, I unlocked those 2 with no problems at all. I've been seeing complaints around the net with a few of the PS3 Trophies not unlocking either but I havent had any problems there so far either. Mind I've only got about half the Xbox 360 Achievements and about a quarter of the PS3 Trophies so far.

I'm beginning to tear my hair out with Amigo's All-Star move. I know how it works and such but the other characters just won't join the line. I've tried ramming them, button bashing everything possible and even looked on Youtube, only to see how simple it is to pull off. Drive up next to them and they join the line. It's just not happening! He's the only one I need to complete the All-Star achievement. Any help?

Also, just got my Gold License :)

I'm beginning to tear my hair out with Amigo's All-Star move. I know how it works and such but the other characters just won't join the line. I've tried ramming them, button bashing everything possible and even looked on Youtube, only to see how simple it is to pull off. Drive up next to them and they join the line. It's just not happening! He's the only one I need to complete the All-Star achievement. Any help?

My wife Emma played as Amigo in one of our games on the PS3 last night, the only way they take part is if you get in front of them and they'll start following you. She managed to get me and five of the CPU characters to join the line and dance, it was hilarious. If only she could have got the one other CPU character to join the conga :lol:

Multiple modes online - Again we looked at some of the multiplayer modes online, but this would have meant delaying the game. You wanted it this year right? Some modes we specifically built for 4 player local play, it's all about spending time where the player would appreciate it. We could have put multiplayer online support in, but you'd be waiting till June? Right?

---

S0L

---

So, is it possible for DLC? =P

I'd buy it.

Has the Wii versions online gone dead already? I cant find a match :(

EDIT: Found a measly 2 people now :lol:

Just curious has anyone managed to get the trophy Dreamarena? It wont unlock for me. I tried 4 different friends (hosted a match ,invited, joined ect.) still nothing, plus its the only trophy I need till Platinum.

I'm playing online on the Wii version and there's this nutcase who gets abnormally far ahead in such a short time and at the end of the final lap just parks in front of the finish and lets everyone cross it before him. In the my years of playing racing games online I've never come across such a dickhead like this.

I'm not sure if we can name and shame here so if anyone wants his/her Wii name incase you come across the person PM me.

I'm playing online on the Wii version and there's this nutcase who gets abnormally far ahead in such a short time and at the end of the final lap just parks in front of the finish and lets everyone cross it before him. In the my years of playing racing games online I've never come across such a dickhead like this.

I'm not sure if we can name and shame here so if anyone wants his/her Wii name PM me.

I remember someone on Mario Kart doing the same thing, wonder if its the same guy lol

Is the Big mission everyone's complaining about the "15: Fiesta Food Dodge"?

How the hell can you get to the end in time without smashing all the pots? D:

I remember someone on Mario Kart doing the same thing, wonder if its the same guy lol

:lol:

I just dont see why someone would cheat to be so far away in first place and then not bother taking the victory :blink:

I've no idea, I think knowing when you can risk a bit of speed is part of it, I settled for a AA in the end :V

I have to say. I had my doubts about this game though, I'm glad it was better than my expectations! :V

Kinda bugs me the PC version has no online play =/

Edited by DarkOverord

:lol:

I just dont see why someone would cheat to be so far away in first place and then not bother taking the victory :blink:

Probably showing off or being generous, what character was he?

Probably showing off or being generous, what character was he?

He/she changed character every race.

I don't see whats so bad if he lets everyone win at the end.

My wife Emma played as Amigo in one of our games on the PS3 last night, the only way they take part is if you get in front of them and they'll start following you. She managed to get me and five of the CPU characters to join the line and dance, it was hilarious. If only she could have got the one other CPU character to join the conga :lol:

Done! I know where I was going wrong. It was because I would collect the All-Star and then wait for the players to lap me before activating it. All of the others work fine this way except Amigo's. Thank god lol Game now completed 1000/1000. It was fun while it lasted.

I was wondering, why is it that Froggy has a tail? The tail originally belonged to Chaos and was reabsorbed during the Chaos 6 fight. Just something I thought about during his All-Star.

Practice practice practice! That 45-second timer may seem daunting, but it's entirely possible to go quite slowly and still make it in time.

They won't follow you if you're a lap behind them. This might be the case if you've stayed behind to hover over an item box trying to find the All-Star item. Otherwise, all you need to do is pass them.

Could you confirm for me that you downloaded the title update (i.e. patch) that was released along with the game? That patch should've fixed most of the achievement glitches; I'm fully patched up and so far none of the achievements have given me problems.

You'll see the credits if you place first in every Grand Prix on any difficulty. You don't need to complete all of the difficulties.

I don't see whats so bad if he lets everyone win at the end.

Its just a little annoying like he/she thinks they're too good to win, Zone_Seeker has just done some detective work and it turns out the person is a member of the Wii game hacking community where they've hacked the game so they can use unlimited items. >_<

EDIT: I see S0L, I bet you're p'd off that people have hacked the Wii version so they can cheat against online players :(

EDIT: I've flipped and/or spun enemies as every character. I kept track of the racers I've successfully attacked opponents with via All-star Moves, and I know for a fact that either Alex Kidd or the Bonanza Bros are not marked off on the list. I just used their All-star Moves, and I flipped an opponent as Alex Kidd, and I made MANY of them spin out as the Bonanza Bros. Something's not adding up. Do I have to finish the race?

We're looking into the reports we've had, but with our testing here we can't reproduce them. It's entirely possible if they're done in a certain way it can go wrong - just we can't find it. Typically the Achievement ones we've heard about could be caused if you don't return back to the front end when finishing a race. Basically it has to save to update the tracker, but some of the achievement triggers also need you to roll through the front end.Take the Ghost Master one, it actually checks the saves when you hit the front end, so if you have beat all the Ghosts, then quit out to the Dash, as we've not been back to the front end, we haven't checked all the saves are there - but the tracker can be updated... GAH! It should pick it up the next time you've been in and out mind.

If the designers had picked some easy things to code....

That said if we do manage to recreate any of the reported ones (and we are trying) we'll look to address them.

Amigo's is easy, you simply need to overtake someone to add them to the line. Simple as that :)

Just curious has anyone managed to get the trophy Dreamarena? It wont unlock for me. I tried 4 different friends (hosted a match ,invited, joined ect.) still nothing, plus its the only trophy I need till Platinum.

Dreamarena should unlock if any player in your game is on your friends list. That said the PS3 trophys are having some trouble at the mo - we're again looking into it, but this has worked fine through our testing before release.

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

I randomly got it yesterday when I hosted a "I survived PhatpocolyPS3" race party with some friends. I think the trick is to race against more than one friend at a time since every other friendly race I had was just against one person on my friends list.

I'm still completely stumped as to how to pull off a wheelie on the home console versions, I've looked through the manuals and I've tried all buttons but cant do it. On the DS version you just hold down on the d-pad but it doesnt appear to be that simple on the other versions. Does anyone here know how to do it? Any help would be very much appreciated :)