Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

@ Mahzes

I'm the same, I was too excited to look through the manuals when I got my copies and since then I've been too hooked to look through them :lol:

S0L's just posted this over at SEGA Forums -

I'll just pop in on this.

No doubt you've already realised, but the Trophy problems people are encountering today are on every PS3 game. Looks like a date/drm issue at Sony's end.

Hopefully the guys will get it patched up - if it's any consolation we're also having fun with it here when testing the DLC

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5626371&postcount=92

Darn you Sony and your problems, you're going to delay our ASR DLC !!!!

Fucking hell

I just unlocked the Fighters Megamix trophy and it removed ALL my SaSASR trophies, ALL my themes and nothing on my PS3 is saving!!!

Why the fuck has this happened!?!

Fucking hell

I just unlocked the Fighters Megamix trophy and it removed ALL my SaSASR trophies, ALL my themes and nothing on my PS3 is saving!!!

Why the fuck has this happened!?!

Can't help, as I've a problem of my own.

I don't play online, at all. My PlayStation3 has the internet connection always "disabled". So, earlier I was playing Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and went to have a bash and getting a few of the Time Trial trophies. I set new personal best scores as Sonic the Hedgehog on the first four courses, took Knuckles out for a spin on two (he's an average of two seconds slower than Sonic, if anybody cares) and then returned as Sonic to the first Samba de Amigo course. I beat the Sumo Ghost after about six laps and sitting an inch from the edge of my seat... best bit of gameplay yet, so addictive and brilliantly fast, my heart was racing... but anyway.

Every time I accessed the Time Trial menu, the PlayStation3 said "Your internet is disabled, sort it out!" or whatever usual message is displayed, followed by Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing throwing up a box that said, frankly, the same thing. All was well until I beat the Sumo Ghost on that first Samba de Amigo course.

The time and date of my PlayStation3 reset to 01/01/2000, 23:55. When I played another race and saved again, it fell even further back, to 01/03/1999, 23:50.

Check the time and date settings of your system, mate. While the in-game trophies menu (found within the Licence sub-menu) still lists all my landmarks and tracks my progress accordingly, the XBM of my PlayStation3 has no record whatsoever of any Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing trophies. The block of saved game data was all the way at the bottom of the list of saved games, recorded as being saved on 01/03/1999 at 23:50. Even after resetting the clock of my PlayStation3 to today's time and date, and playing a single race just to register a new saved game and push the block back to the top of the list, the XBM trophies haven't reappeared. They're still all there inside the game, in the Licence sub-menu, but nowhere to be found on my PlayStation3.

Maybe Sumo Digital hate their personal best being beaten?!

In all seriousness, though, check the time and date of your PlayStation3 and then check the trophies menu in the in-game Licence sub-menu. If you've jumped back to before the Millenium and yet the game itself is registering your trophies, you've got the same glitch I have. There's no actual loss of data, but 'tis bloody annoying all the same!

Spanners.

I've kept my PS3 off all day because of this mess, mine will be quite prone to it being an original 60GB model.

Teletext GameCentral give the Xbox 360 version a 5/10 -

Full 1 page review here -

http://www.teletext.co.uk/gamecentral/features-reviews/52127c7b699dbeb7bca54955ea00b678/Sega+All-Stars+Racing+(360).aspx

Some of these reviewers annoy me with their quick 1 page glance through the game reviews >_<

Ahh, that's typical GameCentral. They always tend to be harsh with their reviews, I wouldn't worry about it too much. A 5/10 from them is hardly surprising.

They still said the game was a competent racer, which pretty much every review I've read - good or bad - has said.

At the end of the day though it's a matter of whether you enjoy the game or not, not what some random critic thinks :P

Fortunately most people seem to agree that SASASR is a good/AWESOME game.

@all with the problems, it's a Sony PS3 issue, not a Sumo one. Direct that to the topic Cas made in VG forum please. :)

Good job I've only started on the 360 promo then eh (cheers AAUK ;))? Oh, and the DS one - I noticed some very interesting changes in that one, including the ability to change direction while drifting and the differences in music (Seaside Hill almost sounds like a remix on the DS - XD).

Bloody PS3 issues, doesn't help me. I want to get Trophies. >_> Good job I bought me a spanking new Elite last night innit.

And LOL at even looking at Teletext reviews. Who the hell does that anymore? Aren't they gone yet?

I've kept my PS3 off all day because of this mess, mine will be quite prone to it being an original 60GB model.

So the older they are, the more likely they are to destroy themselves?

:blink:

Damn it. Mine's an old 40GB.

Mines has done it as well. its a 60 Gb one and has never been online. It won't let me even play Resident Evil 5. Though I have not bought Sega All Stars Racing yet, I'm wondering when I do get it, what will happen?

Its a big world wide problem at the moment, the PS3 couldn't process going from the 28th of February to the 1st of March. Its buggered up a lot but Sony are working on it. I'm hoping when I buy the game, its system update might fix mine.

S0L.... Could you release a patch that will fix the PS3 clock bug as I can't play my copy of ASR that arrived today!

Yeah... got my copy today, can't play it thought because all old PS3's today have been killed... well thats not quite what happened... the truth is, I got excited at the thought of Shenmue 3. So I decided to cast a spell over Sega by conjuring up the ghost of Chuck Rock over my old Sega Pico, using the Pico pen as a wand I cursed Sega Europe with the 'makus Shenmue 3'us' spell... but I missed and it hit my PS3, suddenly everyone who was in the same game as me caught the spell and then all their friends caught it and soon it spread like a virus... but it's actually the ghost of Chuck Rock smashing your PS3 up from the inside.

The solution! Call a priest and have him exercise your PS3!

And I laugh loudly at the teletext reviews, they're always rather ridiculous... Does anyone use teletext anymore? The last time I used it was to play Bamboozled on the Channel 4 teletext after Big Breakfast finished.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's a problem affecting all PS3s, not just those playing ASR.

Also, my buddies TonyTH, SuperTH and I just discovered an AMAZING online glitch that could change things pretty significantly. We'll be putting together a video showing how to do it later, but I'll let the picture speak for itself...

TimeParadox.jpg

Consider this a SSMB exclusive. ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

@all with the problems, it's a Sony PS3 issue, not a Sumo one. Direct that to the topic Cas made in VG forum please. :)

Good job I've only started on the 360 promo then eh (cheers AAUK ;))? Oh, and the DS one - I noticed some very interesting changes in that one, including the ability to change direction while drifting and the differences in music (Seaside Hill almost sounds like a remix on the DS - XD).

Bloody PS3 issues, doesn't help me. I want to get Trophies. >_> Good job I bought me a spanking new Elite last night innit.

And LOL at even looking at Teletext reviews. Who the hell does that anymore? Aren't they gone yet?

I dont browse Teletext myself and I too am surprised they're still around. I was browsing Metacritic to see if any new reviews came up and spotted it among the list of 360 reviews so thought I'd post it here anyway :P

The DS version is great, surprised they managed to replicate the tracks in the others so well. Also as I always say, Rumble Pak support is awesome :D

Just for people's interest - Teletext is officially gone now, GameCentral is only being kept alive online nowadays.

It's a problem affecting all PS3s, not just those playing ASR.

Also, my buddies TonyTH, SuperTH and I just discovered an AMAZING online glitch that could change things pretty significantly. We'll be putting together a video showing how to do it later, but I'll let the picture speak for itself...

TimeParadox.jpg

Consider this a SSMB exclusive. ;)

Oh dear.

I thought that was fixed...

The chances of doing it during a random online match are slim to none; you more or less have to all actually be trying if you want to pull it off, and even then, you have to have split-second timing.

Basically, it's just a matter of you and another person selecting a character at the exact same time. Provided you both do it fast enough, the lag between consoles will allow you to select the same character.

So far, the most we've done at once is three; if we can get a big enough group, we might try to do eight...

ROFL at Paradox :)

We knew there was a slim chance it was doable, but the timing is pretty extreme. We're talking fractions of frames here :P

You'll get kicked by people thinking you're hacking you know :)

The PSN thing is pretty embarrasing for Sony - hopefully those guys can get it fixed up. I'm sure they'd rather not be trying to fix it!

BTW - I'll pop back to mop up some questions in a bit - not ignoring you, I've been too busy playing online over the weekend :)

---

S0L

---

The chances of doing it during a random online match are slim to none; you more or less have to all actually be trying if you want to pull it off, and even then, you have to have split-second timing.

Basically, it's just a matter of you and another person selecting a character at the exact same time. Provided you both do it fast enough, the lag between consoles will allow you to select the same character.

So far, the most we've done at once is three; if we can get a big enough group, we might try to do eight...

Ah, you're doing that. I remember having sessions of one person going "Ready? Three, two one, GO!" and all of us trying to select the same character in online lobbies. Didn't work very well, and everyone has to be exactly right with their timing... and like I said, I could've sworn Sumo fixed that.

We knew there was a slim chance it was doable, but the timing is pretty extreme. We're talking fractions of frames here :P

The PSN thing is pretty embarrasing for Sony - hopefully those guys can get it fixed up. I'm sure they'd rather not be trying to fix it!

BTW - I'll pop back to mop up some questions in a bit - not ignoring you, I've been too busy playing online over the weekend :)

---

S0L

---

It's funny; we initially discovered it completely by accident when two of us, completely by coincidence, ended up picking Big, and we were just lucky enough to get the timing just right on the first try.

Needless to say, hilarity ensued.

---

S0L

---

Cool, have fun. Just so long as we find out why Banjo isn't a CPU... =P

S0L, just in case you don't go back in the topic that far....

Why aren't Banjo and DLC characters controlled by the computer?

How soon can we expect Segata Sanshiro??

Why are you so awesome?

Cool, have fun. Just so long as we find out why Banjo isn't a CPU... =P

Possibly to make things consistent across all platforms? The avatar isn't a CPU for the same reason I'm sure.