Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Driving as Big in Tokyo-To feels...surreal but it's extremely funny xD

Awesome game so far, far better than Mario Kart and CTR.

Looking through the packaging, in the box and in the manual but no Ryo-F code. I definitely pre-ordered my Xbox 360 version at GAME's website when the offer was there. Do we get the code e-mailed to us?

GAME specfically said it would come in an e-mail. GamePlay didn't explain anyting, ut i expect it'll come in an e-mail too.

GAME specfically said it would come in an e-mail. GamePlay didn't explain anyting, ut i expect it'll come in an e-mail too.

Thats cool then, I must have missed that part XD

I'm shocked the CGI intro made it into the DS version, awesome work Sumo Digital!

Oh and I likey the rumble in the DS version too :D

Come on Mr.Postman!!!!!!

EDIT 2: Why do the Wii and DS versions back covers say 19 favourite characters? :huh: Shouldnt they say 20 or 21 in the Wii's case because of Mii's?

Did they omit the mention of "Sonic" when talking about 19 of his Sega friends?

Another thing, B.D.Joe seems to have a different VA, so the Axel voice ppl have been hearing most likely is the new VA and not a mistake. B.D.Joe, forgive me for saying this, sounds less "urban". I have yet to hear "We be on our waay!"

I played the Chao Cup this morning, placed first in all races. :D The achievements came fast and furious! 3 in a row, I racked up "Now There Are No Limits!", "Welcome to the Next Level!" and "True Blue".

Going back to DLC debate discussion, I think a hefty expansion pack in 6-8 months would be ideal, with one or two smaller DLCs between now and then.

Within the next few months Toe Jam & Earl or a mission pack would be great! Then, in 6-8 months an expansion featuring a quarter of the content found in the original game could release. So 5 racers, 6 tracks, 20 missions and 12 tunes. I think it would be good marketing sense to have a Sonic favorite headline the pack, with some often requested characters and tracks as well. Here's my idea:

Racers

Metal Sonic (in a modified version of the Speed Star)

NiGHTS (or the kids with NiGHTS as their ASM)

Ristar (on an ATV of some sort)

Vyse & Aika (in a hovering pirate boat)

Orta (on a small dragon, ASM morphs to a larger dragon as done in Panzer Dragoon Orta)

Tracks

Space Channel 5 - Spaceport 9

Space Channel 5 - Asteroid Belt

NiGHTS - Spring Garden or Aqua Garden track

NiGHTS - Bellbridge or some sort of dark evil track

Sonic - a new sunset Seaside Hill track (c'mon, you gotta expect Sumo to work with something that they've already rendered)

Another existing IP from the original SASAR - Maybe anotherMonkey Target track to give the Skies of Arcadia characters somewhere to race

Music

4 SC5 tunes

4 NiGHTS tunes

2 new Sonic tunes

2 new whatever existing IP tunes

Missions

-Vyse & Aika missions would be perfect for Monkey Target

-Space Channel 5 Tracks would be an excellent setting for Chu Chu Rocket missions (just like in SST)

-Metal Sonic vs. Amy and Sonic mission would be a great callback to Sonic CD

-A platformers race would be cool, Sonic vs. Ristar vs. Alex Kidd

Edited by Doctor Eggman

So my copy has just turned up, I'm fucking pissed off though, I pre-ordered from GAME but where the shit is my Ryo-F code!? Not impressed.

Did they omit the mention of "Sonic" when talking about 19 of his Sega friends?

Nope it says that in the description at the top but near the bottom under a screenshot of Amigo racing it says '19 favourite characters'. DS version says it in a description at the top too but in front of various characters to the bottom left it says '19 favourite characters'

Xbox 360's back cover says the same at the top left but under a bottom right screenshot of Ryo racing it says '22 favourite characters'. So oddly they've mentioned all 22 characters on the Xbox 360 back cover but Wii and DS only say 19. Dont know about PS3's back cover yet until tomorrow.

So my copy has just turned up, I'm fucking pissed off though, I pre-ordered from GAME but where the shit is my Ryo-F code!? Not impressed.

Blue Blood just said GAME say they're sending them to us in an e-mail.

Just looked at the Wii versions save file pic and its a Sonic 1 sprite tapping his foot impatiently. Sumo Digital I <3 U

• Thumbs Up 1

PS3 cover says 20 favourite characters.

EDIT:

Blue Blood just said GAME say they're sending them to us in an e-mail.

Oh! I don't know why I didn't think of that xD

Racers

Metal Sonic (in a modified version of the Speed Star)

NiGHTS (or the kids with NiGHTS as their ASM)

Ristar (on an ATV of some sort)

Vyse & Aika (in a hovering pirate boat)

Orta (on a small dragon, ASM morphs to a larger dragon as done in Panzer Dragoon Orta)

I'd rather have Blaze than Metal Sonic...

Oh and Ecco in a Fish bowl with wheels. (ASM Jumping out and flooding the track than going super fast. Everyone else would go slower, becazse they are under water. The Track wouldn't be effected by the water, though) XD

This is really odd then, either its a typo or DS and Wii versions may be missing a character. Wonder what PC versions back cover says.

My copy was only dispatched by GAME this morning, so I guess it'll be arriving sometime tomorrow. Warden had no post for me today anyway, so it must be. =X Hopefully I can get work done today and find some time to play it tomorrow evening. XD Looking forward to trying the online out, too!

I'd rather have Blaze than Metal Sonic...

Oh and Ecco in a Fish bowl with wheels. (ASM Jumping out and flooding the track than going super fast. Everyone else would go slower, becazse they are under water. The Track wouldn't be effected by the water, though) XD

I know there are plenty of characters that fans would rather see, but I was thinking in terms of marketable popular characters. Blaze and Rouge are probably at the bottom of the list in characters that would truly sell. Metal is definitely a front runner for Sonic characters. Fang would be great, but is too obscure. Blaze, Silver and Cream aren't too popular outside of the Sonic community, and even then those are sub-groups within the larger fanbase. Not trying to bash them, just saying they don't sell as well as Metal.

Edit: I do have to say, what really separates this place form the official Sega forums is that the majority of people here understand the above. Whereas, were I to type the above at the Sega forums I'd be ripped to shreds. I swear, the Sega SASAR forums are filled with junk posts asking for unpopular characters as DLC, and often the writers are genuinely flabbergasted that Cream/Marine/Omochao aren't playable.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know there are plenty of characters that fans would rather see, but I was thinking in terms of marketable popular characters. Blaze and Rouge are probably at the bottom of the list in characters that would truly sell. Metal is definitely a front runner for Sonic characters. Fang would be great, but is too obscure. Blaze, Silver and Cream aren't too popular outside of the Sonic community, and even then those are sub-groups within the larger fanbase. Not trying to bash them, just saying they don't sell as well as Metal.

Really? Id've thought Blaze is popular ohmy.gif

Edited by MarcelloF

Yeah, I think you're undershooting Blaze a bit there Doc. I certainly wouldn't say she's on the same level as Metal Sonic (given she's not a classic character), but on the bottom with Rouge, Silver, and Cream sounds too far. She did star in Sonic Rush which is probably the only modern Sonic game that people outside the fandom have respect for. Not to mention the game's littered with Rush tracks.

On a personal note, I'd still prefer no more SOnic characters, but Blaze is the only one I'd be happy to see.

I'm not saying Blaze doesn't have her fans, but in the grand scheme of all things Sega she is very minor. Perhaps if a Sonic Rush 3 was recently released with her in it, there would be some marketing sense to add Blaze as DLC. But as it is, Blaze has slipped into the cast of Sonic side characters since 2007. I personally think Sumo has a great group of Sonic racers as it is. Metal isn't necessary, but like I said would make for a great headliner for a DLC pack. Non-Sonic and Sega news sites would eat it up!

I've just beaten the first Grand Prix Chao Cup on my Xbox 360 version and came first in all 4 races as Amy too :lol: I love the controls, they're alot tighter than in Mario Kart. I really feel like I'm in control and that any mistakes would be my own fault. Drifting close to the side around turns is alot easier than in Mario Kart too. Much wuv to Sumo Digital :D

Hey S0L! here to calm the storm of "Where is the ASMs in Online play?!?"

Also, if you ever get to this question, who is the guy who hops into B.D.Joe's cab?? He must be one of the Sumo employees.

S0L! Please make Ecco in a Fishbowl with wheels happen as DLC! xO.

By the way, From the looks of it I'l be able to get the game by the end of March :)

S0L, I said it earlier and I'll say it again. I love the DS rumble :D

Before anyone says it I'm not a weirdo :lol:

Also, very surprised you managed to squeeze the CGI intro into the DS version.

S0L! Please make Ecco in a Fishbowl with wheels happen as DLC! xO.

Noooooooo! That's incredibly out of character! Ecco the Dolphin is a dark, dark game, I'd even go so far as to describe it as a survival horror game! A fishbowl on wheels couldn't be more out of character for Ecco if it jumped up and tickled your willy.

Ecco is just one of those franchises that'd make an awesome track but has no characters that'd make suitable racers.

Agreed, Sumo still has to respect the characters.

Look at Ryo, he doesn't make fart noises and whistle at sailors. "Phht Phht! Yoo-hoo boys!"

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Noooooooo! That's incredibly out of character! Ecco the Dolphin is a dark, dark game, I'd even go so far as to describe it as a survival horror game! A fishbowl on wheels couldn't be more out of character for Ecco if it jumped up and tickled your willy.

Ecco is just one of those franchises that'd make an awesome track but has no characters that'd make suitable racers.

Well, S0L is off, I'm sure to write my fantastic idea down :P.

But about your survival horro thing: What about Zobio and Zobiko? Is that HOTD cartoony (I really don't know)? Or were they just made cartoony for this game? Anyway, it could be done...

I'm half joking by the way.

I'm still desperately hoping Bayonetta gets considered for DLC. I know that she's really new and Kamiya might not be too pleased with his F-bombing, pole dancing, God killing super witch in a E-rated kart racer. However Bayonetta had more than enough Sega fanservice to earn her place as a Sega Allstar imo and nothing could top smacking a Chu Chu in the face with a giant demon hair fist while riding FU powered motorcycle.