Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

This is supposed to be a major release for Sega, S0L has said repeatedly that this is going to be one of Segas big titles for the year....

With regards to the USA, either the pre-order numbers are astronomical, or somebody has messed up on the numbers.

With regards to the UK.... If you go into any shop. There is utterly no mention of the games release this week! It's shocking, HMV, Game, Gamestation, Grainger Games, Argos and heck even places like Comet utterly no instore adds, no instore promotions, no instore offers, no instore pre-order notices.

Theres two Game stores in Hull, I asked in both of them about the ASR DLC codes today, if they knew if they would get them with their stock. Both didn't know.... reason being... non of them knew the game was out this week! They had to check their books, even then they couldn't tell me if they would be included in the box or not.

Major relase? From what we've played and seen, yes it is a major release, theres no reason at all why this game cannot do well comercially, but theres utterly no advertising anywhere in the UK. I think that Sega needs to get the major advertising machine a kick because it's obviously broken right now.

Same over here in the west mids, no advertising at all. I was expecting to see at least some of these store advertisements -

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.chris-lewis.co.uk/Examples_2_files/Sonic%25203%2520PF.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D363106%26page%3D16&usg=__P1N1R_KV84J-HVHLmoG0o3xeUQo=&h=361&w=594&sz=52&hl=en&start=5&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=NfPWBljiYjLYJM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsonic%2B%2526%2Bsega%2Ball-stars%2Bracing%2Bchris%2Blewis%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

Theres a thumbnail of it in the Google bar thingy, I cant find the pic anywhere as Chris Lewis site is still blocked.

Chris Lewis site is still blocked.

lol

Chris Lewis' site is still blocked because of the Banjo leak from months ago? Oh wow. :lol:

Hmm. Antony Ward's car renders are still down, too. What's up with that?

Edited by HunterTSF

I'm glad to hear about the game getting good reviews.

Now people can't say reviewers like IGN are biased.

There wasn't a singe paragraph in that review that didn't mention the word "Mario."

Either way, if IGN is able to give it such a great score, then that's definitely saying something.

Some good Wii footage here:

Edit: I thought embedding worked here? Just click on the links there anyway...

Use the insert media button and put the url in, you can only embed 2 videos in one post.

@ HunterTSF

Yeah, its stupid that his site is still blocked. Maybe they dont want people to see the in-store advertisements he designed since the retailers dont seem to be using them, hopefully they'll be up come EU release day.

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!

HNI_0005.jpg?t=1267040375

I have my copied... I have played it... I AM HAPPIFIED!!!! Wait... what? Eh, whatever, it's fun!

(And thanks to that Gamestop deal for 50% extra in trade-ins, it only cost me 19 cents!)

Okay, enough talking! I have to go and play this some more! :D

Also, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them until you get your copies.

Edit: Aw crap! I forgot to take one of my editing functions off my DSi! Now everything is backwards! :P

Edit 2: Fixed!

Edited by Celtic O'YoshiUnity

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!

HNI_0005.jpg

I have my copied... I have played it... I AM HAPPIFIED!!!! Wait... what? Eh, whatever, it's fun!

(And thanks to that Gamestop deal for 50% extra in trade-ins, it only cost me 19 cents!)

Also, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them until you get your copies.

Looks like it was hit by the Confusion Star.

• Thumbs Up 2

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!

HNI_0005.jpg

Noooooooooooo, AAUK said he'd save me the one of a kind super special eiooZ-ojnaB hitw gnicaR sratS-llA AGES & cinoS edition. AAUK you lied to me!! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like it was hit by the Confusion Star.

Nah, My DSi and I are just naturally confused. :P (Think I forgot to take one of the editing tools off my DSi Camera.) I'll make a note of that.

Nah, My DSi and I are just naturally confused. :P (Think I forgot to take one of the editing tools off my DSi Camera.) I'll make a note of that.

Noooooooooooo, AAUK said he'd save me the one of a kind super special eiooZ-ojnaB hitw gnicaR sratS-llA AGES & cinoS edition. AAUK you lied to me!! :lol:

No, it's one of a kind! I was able to pick up the eiooZ-ojnaB hitw gnicaR sratS-llA AGES & cinoS edition due to arriving at my local gamestop as soon as the shipment came in. And it's all MINEZ! ... :D... :P

Edited by Celtic O'YoshiUnity

Pretty good timing I had. I decided to hit Toys R Us first because it's the closest to the campus. First time there in a decade, send a chill down my spine. Anyways, just as I was approaching the video game section the employee begin the counter had opened a box full of the game (and the PS3 version no less) and was putting them behind the glass. Leaving me to simply say "I'd like to purchase a copy of the game you're holding."

Don't get home for another 3 hours, but I'm just glad I didn't run into any problems finding it. Probably would have if I had went to GameStop.

This may be my first post but I've been lurkin' around this thread for a looong time. xD

Anywho...This morning was a calm winter day...as I walked to EB Games an hour after it opened, I saw the Purolater truck! :D My estimate on the shipping time was correct. ^_^ Then he carried the boxes inside...and the cashier opened them. She took out 4 awesome copies of...the Xbox 360 version, the PS3 version, and the DS version. At this point, I asked "When will the Wii version arrive? :o"...and she said "Tomorrow". After being told the same thing yesterday, I was a little sad...but I'll have to wait and see what happens. xD

I'm surprised they got the DS version but not the Wii version even though the Wii is much more popular. Lol. o_O

FINALLY, I found the advertising pics from Chris-Lewis site I was on about -

Sonic_SEGA_Racing_PLV_WIP_02.jpg

None of this is in any stores at the mo, I hope they have them out come release day so I can ask them to save some of it for me once they're done with it :lol:

Sonic_SEGA_Racing_PLV_WIP_01.jpg

AAUK did reveal a store wobbler thingy but its different to the one dangling off a til screen in that second pic.

BLOW THIS HORN:

picture1xp.png

I SAID NO SUPER HORN, I SAID-- AAAAAAAAUGH

lineupo.png

jengrrr.pngjennoooo.pngjendrive.pngjenhurr.png

OH GOD BRING BACK THE ORCS BRING THE ORCS BACK

jenface.png

Hey guys don't forget meeeeeeee~

bentleyjr.png

• Thumbs Up 8

LOL at Bentley Jr. in the corner!

Btw, as I am hours from playing this, I've been reading the manual (lol)

The credits, featuring So Much More, seems to be a menu option so one could hear it before finishing the game.

Also, there is a typo in the manual. First to find it gets a internet cookie!

So here I am complaining about lack of advertising and AAUK reveals some more advertising stuff -

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/asr-more-store-display-paraphenalia

ASR-Poster-UK.jpg

ASR-Standee.jpg

Wobbler again if anyone missed it before -

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/asr-wobblers

ASR-Wobblers.jpg

So the UK may just be dolled up with ASR fancy dress come release date this Friday.

There wasn't a singe paragraph in that review that didn't mention the word "Mario."

This is a lie, Read the 360 review 1st paragraph.

February 23, 2010 - Character racers have been a staple of the videogame industry ever since Nintendo pretty much created the genre with Super Mario Kart. Many publishers and developers have attempted to imagine the kart racing design with their own style and intellectual properties, but to this day Nintendo continues to hold the crown. But Sonic & SEGA All-Stars racing gives Mario Kart a run for its money with a design that has a lot of depth and tons of single and multiplayer features.

There's absolutely no question that Sumo Digital looked at Mario Kart Wii, as nearly every part of All-Stars Racing is nicked from Nintendo's design. I say that with all respect: if you're put to the task of building a racing game that revolves around a company's franchises, you're going to benefit from looking at the one game that's considered the best in its class. While SEGA's game may not have too much it can claim as "original" to the franchise, what the developer does in All-Stars Racing it does very well, turning a "me-too" project into a tightly developed racer with a lot of charm and character of its own.

Edited by Ultimate X360

HAHA I would laugh so much if Jen stumbled across this forum, she has been ripped to shreds....poor Jen wahhhh!

Edited by Tom

Well, I picked up a 360 copy and will give impressions tonight for those of you who don't have it(like Americans who got screwed and users from other countries) or just those of you who genuinely care what I have to say(none of you).

Well, I picked up a 360 copy and will give impressions tonight for those of you who don't have it(like Americans who got screwed and users from other countries) or just those of you who genuinely care what I have to say(none of you).

We wuv you really <3

So, DLC speculation to fill time until I play this puppy:

Of course, there is a difference between dream DLC (Burning Rangers, Comix Zone, Vectorman) and realistic DLC. Realistically, I could see the following

Racers

NiGHTS

Ristar

Vyse

Orta

Toe Jam & Earl

Hornet

Tracks

NiGHTS

Space Channel 5 (Spaceport 9, Asteroid Field)

OutRun (modified OutRun Online Arcade track)

Daytona USA aka Sega Racing Classic (Three Seven Speedway)

Music

NiGHTS

Space Channel 5

OutRun

Daytona USA

HAHA I would laugh so much if Jen stumbled across this forum, she has been ripped to shreds....poor Jen wahhhh!

She'll be fine, she gets over things by riding bananas. They give her the super horn.

Finger crossed we get our copies tomoz ay Shadzter :)

And me!