Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

She'll be fine, she gets over things by riding bananas.

----_____________________________________________----

I see what you did there =P

So... anyone already made a "Jen" avatar and added "the emo boy", "Bentley Jr." and "the other guy nobody cares" accounts for the ASM?

Because that's the only reason people are buying the 360 version AFAIK... ;)

On-Topic: as I said before, I'm not going to get this till I upgrade my PC D:

EDIT: review bitching time...

You'll hate:

* The commentator should be shot

for thoose who never go to the options screen...

You'll hate:

* Some obscure unlockable characters

wtf.jpg

EDIT2: YES! I skipped all the review and just went to the resume, I don't care that much about reviewes :P

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1

From the GamesRadar review:

Ladies, gentleman and small prickly rodents, welcome to the most exciting kart racing event of 2010. In pole position is a portly plumber with years of racing experience and plenty of miles on the clock. New to the grid is Sonic in his first karting game. The firing pistol is primed, the chequered flag has been unfurled and the engines are starting to rev…

Should we tell them?

Sonic%20Drift_start.JPG

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 3

We wuv you really <3

d'awww

<3 you too.

Also, there is a typo in the manual. First to find it gets a internet cookie!

Can I get a hint at least as to what section?

For Sonic's All-Star move, it says

Sonic transforms into Super Sonic and flies on down the course in the speed of light.
I don't know if that's necessarily a "typo", but it would make more sense if it said "at the speed of light".

Also in the "Missions" section, it says Drift to Score under the Drift section, but it doesn't capitalize "Score" anywhere else.

Finger crossed we get our copies tomoz ay Shadzter :)

Yep, hoping my Xbox 360, Wii and DS versions arrive tomorrow. I'll hold all 3 packages in my arms and play eeny meeny miney mo to select which one to play first XD I'll be getting PS3 version Friday too, then I can play against all of you guys MWA HA HA HA HA HA! You cannot escape me for I have all console versions XD

SEGA of America have posted close up pics of the ASR toys, its time to play

-

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/02/23/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-toys/#more-4415

4383405266_d7d61efe2b.jpg

4382646029_9fc3fcf7b6.jpg

4383405322_ca8d60ca54.jpg

4383405344_5c8a2d83ff.jpg

Can I get a hint at least as to what section?

For Sonic's All-Star move, it says I don't know if that's necessarily a "typo", but it would make more sense if it said "at the speed of light".

Oooh, thats a typo! Not the one I was thinking, but you found one.

The one I'm thinking of is on that same page.

So that "News" about no All-Star moves Online true?

I don't have the game yet, I haven't seen in any Youtube Videos.

Though I don't mind really since it makes it more skill based.

I could see the following

Racers

NiGHTS

Ristar

Vyse

Orta

Toe Jam & Earl

Hornet

...I really, seriously doubt that SEGA is going to be willing to work with Greg Johnson on this to the degree necessary for them to pop as DLC down the road. I mean, it's possible and I would love that, but I have a hard time believing that they'd be willing to duke it out with him over rights and money when there are other characters that they own in full waiting in the wings.

Just trying to temper some expectations. If they didn't reach an agreement the first time around, they probably won't the second time around, either.

(Here's hoping I'm wrong.)

Oooh, thats a typo! Not the one I was thinking, but you found one.

The one I'm thinking of is on that same page.

How could I have missed this?

Amy get out her Piko Piko Hammer

I guess Sonic decited to work out his arms just to handle the force of the steering wheel. :lol:

Man, I really can't get enough of this game. I've been playing for three hours, and I'm impressed so far. The courses are great, the music brings back many memories, and I've started to tolerate the announcer! Nothing beats listening to "Can you Feel the Sunshine" while playing a Seaside Hill stage.

So that "News" about no All-Star moves Online true?

I don't have the game yet, I haven't seen in any Youtube Videos.

Though I don't mind really since it makes it more skill based.

'Fraid so. Sorry. Somebody blow the S0L horn again so he can come in and explain why...

February 23, 2010 - Character racers have been a staple of the videogame industry ever since Nintendo pretty much created the genre with Super Mario Kart. Many publishers and developers have attempted to imagine the kart racing design with their own style and intellectual properties, but to this day Nintendo continues to hold the crown. But Sonic & SEGA All-Stars racing gives Mario Kart a run for its money with a design that has a lot of depth and tons of single and multiplayer features. There's absolutely no question that Sumo Digital looked at Mario Kart Wii, as nearly every part of All-Stars Racing is nicked from Nintendo's design. I say that with all respect: if you're put to the task of building a racing game that revolves around a company's franchises, you're going to benefit from looking at the one game that's considered the best in its class. While SEGA's game may not have too much it can claim as "original" to the franchise, what the developer does in All-Stars Racing it does very well, turning a "me-too" project into a tightly developed racer with a lot of charm and character of its own.

... :huh:

Edited by Indigo Dude

FROM THE HIT GAME(that just got released today, scarcely throughout one country)

A winner is you!

Eggman get out his cookie.

: D

But what's with this All-Star business? I mean, the moves are rare and all, but did they have to take them out completely? It's not as if that will remove the element of luck the game has.

Edited by The Soldier

'Fraid so. Sorry. Somebody blow the S0L horn again so he can come in and explain why...

381pxsoldierbuff.png

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY!

But seriously would be nice to know why they were taken out.

lack of ASM online is in no way a game killer, but I'm curious as to why a heavily touted feature is omitted?

• Thumbs Up 1

lack of ASM online is in no way a game killer, but I'm curious as to why a heavily touted feature is omitted?

I'm pretty sure you can turn it on or off online.

I'm pretty sure you can turn it on or off online.

CNash just confirmed it's always off Online though.

Checked the manual, no mention of All-Star moves online. There is a "catch-up" mode which allows racers that fall behind to have a chance to catch up with the pack.

Really, I'm not bothered. The game will still be a blast.

No All-Star Moves online? :huh:

Lets hope S0L can explain this, it doesnt really bother me but it would be nice to have an option to switch it on or off online.

I'm laughing my ass off at the TSSZ article regarding no ASM online. It's like reading a local news story! LOL, he even quotes "locals" aka Sega forum users.

Edited by Doctor Eggman