Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'm laughing my ass off at the TSSZ article regarding no ASM online. It's like reading a local news story! LOL, he even quotes "locals" aka Sega forum users.

Just noticed that myself, he's even quoting guys at the SEGA Forums who are apparently reconsidering buying the game even though we know they'll still get it. I've no intention to news'ing it as its... not headline news worthy :lol:

Good on you, this is definitely not a headline worthy story.

Besides, online isn't even the central game of SASAR. Single player and local multiplayer are much more central to the game. ASMs are present in those modes, so no problem. If anything, it gives incentive to play with friends in the same room like the good ol' days.

Still, I'll bet there's a technical reason behind it, and who knows. Maybe a patch will be released once Sumo solves whatever problem exists.

Just noticed that myself, he's even quoting guys at the SEGA Forums who are apparently reconsidering buying the game even though we know they'll still get it. I've no intention to news'ing it as its... not headline news worthy :lol:

Yes its not headline news worthy but we all should know that Tristan will use any news to try and make his site more popular(even tho its a piece of shit) by posting shit loads of worthless news like that and the idea of No ASM Is a alright idea since it gives players more of a chance to win a race online

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

SEGA Forums say its a MAJOR ISSUE!! :lol:

Wonder if its the case across all versions including Wii and DS versions.

Anyone who missed GamesMaster's review you can now check it out at their site GamesRadar -

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing/review/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing/a-201002221748492062989/g-200905281021403099

SEGA Forums say its a MAJOR ISSUE!! :lol:

Wonder if its the case across all versions including Wii and DS versions.

EVERYTHING IS A MAJOR ISSUE AT SEGA FORUMS :lol: they always over react over tiny things like that probs the younger fans bitching about it due to not being able to win the race straight away

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

No All Star Moves online? Hmm... that is quite a curious decision, I must say.

I suppose it means that you'll be racing based more on skill than luck, but it takes away some of the madcap antics and ensuing "lolz" that can be had.

I'm still getting the game regardless, but I would like to hear just why they made this choice.

The lack of ASM really doesn't bother me at all since the items are rare. It could be a technical problem, like people before me have posted, and maybe it could be fixed.

But I really don't see the whole issue over this, I mean the game isn't centered around these moves alone.

Xbox 360 version has a 79 Metacritic so far -

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/sonicandsegaallstarsracingwbanjokazooie?q=sonic & sega all-stars racing

PS3 too -

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/sonicandsegaallstarsracing?q=sonic & sega all-stars racing

Same for Wii -

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/sonicandsegaallstarsracing?q=sonic & sega all-stars racing

IGN have reviewed the DS version too and given it an 8, higher than what ONM and Nintendo Power gave it -

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/107/1071582p1.html

With regards to the ASM online, I couldn't care less... But I recall S0L telling me at SOS that the ASM's would be used online, Beats would be to spray green paint over the rivals screens?

Congrats to Sumo for satisfying IGN with a Sonic game. That happens like once every three years. SUMO DIGITAL YOU ARE SONIC HEROES.

I really hope this game will have sequels, I'm going to buy it in Friday, and I can't waiiit!!

OK then, let's start spoiling about Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing 2!!

Same characters as original, but not Bonanza's and Jacky & Akira, plus some more

NiGHTS (as main this time!)

Gilius

Blaze the cat

Ristar

Amitie

Bayonetta

Bug

Vyse & Aika

the game should have 28 - 30 tracks, more original items, and every character should have 2-3 vehicles for choosing.

If you think a bit that's not too much. They should have a lot more budget this time, and they should save time and money by not doing DS and Pc version (useless ports).

SUMO did A GREAT JOB (and I will confirm this when I will try out the real game aside from the demo)

That would be my dream sequel

• Thumbs Up 1

Ristar in a hover-craft. ASM: Shoots off like a shooting star and ricochets off of everyone.

Team Chaotix in a pimp-mobile. ASR: LOUD MUSIC! Like an extended super-horn. Plays "Team Chaotix" music.

Silver in a hover-car. ASM: People in a radius start moving in a random direction?

Toejam and Earl in a spaceship. ASR: Plays some funk-tastic tunes, causing people in a radius to not be able to steer do to dancing uncontrollably.

Blaze in a "hot" rod, ASM: Blaze turns into a mini pyro twister and jets ahead.

Vectorman + motorcycle. ASM: Speeds up and shoots power shots... kinda like Chaos Spear, only a tad slower but with a more powerful shot.

NiGHTS with Claris and Elliot in a "Dream Craft," ASM: They dualize and kick butt. Plays "Message from Nightopia music"

Arle and Amitie with Carbuncle in the same Puyo-buggy. ASM: Like Banjo Kazzoie's move, only with Puyos. Plays "Fever" music.

Segata Sanshiro on a Hang-On motorbike. ASM: Jumps out of bike. Runs on foot. Tosses people in his way aside and they explode. Plays his theme song. BEST ASM EVER.

Those are just a few. :3

Edited by Indigo Dude

Blaze the cat

Yeah Blaze Fielding really should have been playable.

And lol at taking Jacky and Akira out, they've been in more games than 90% of the rest of the roster xD

I really hope this game will have sequels, I'm going to buy it in Friday, and I can't waiiit!!

OK then, let's start spoiling about Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing 2!!

Same characters as original, but not Bonanza's and Jacky & Akira, plus some more

NiGHTS (as main this time!)

Gilius

Blaze the cat

Ristar

Amitie

Bayonetta

Bug

Vyse & Aika

the game should have 28 - 30 tracks, more original items, and every character should have 2-3 vehicles for choosing.

If you think a bit that's not too much. They should have a lot more budget this time, and they should save time and money by not doing DS and Pc version (useless ports).

SUMO did A GREAT JOB (and I will confirm this when I will try out the real game aside from the demo)

That would be my dream sequel

:( DS version has portability though and S0L's highly praised the DS version many times, I like the demo and the full version has more features that they had to strip for the demo. I like MK DS so this games DS version will highly please me. I dont see why PC players should be left out either as alot of people out there dont have consoles so instead use their PC to game and just upgrade it when the next generation of hardware is released. I dont use my PC to game myself but I dont see why people that do should be left out. The PSP and PS2 didnt get this game so leaving another 2 formats out would surely not bring in the money.

Played the Test Drive and scanned through the menus :D

*Jealousy level rising* :lol: I hope my copies come in the post tomorrow, with my DS version sent out Tuesday and my Wii and Xbox 360 copies sent out today I think I'll have to go handheld until Friday. I'm going to pinch my wife's DS Rumble Pak so I can get some portable good vibrations. :lol:

What exactly is the test drive?

You play as Sonic on the first Seaside Hill level, and it basically teaches you how to play the game. It's nothing big, but it is a good first look into the awesome game your about to play.