Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

OpaOpa is in because Fantasy Zone is awesome and OpaOpa's design has a simple yet lovable look to him. I can't tell you how much I loved Super Fantasy Zone when I was younger.

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

I just saw Joystiq's metareview post- congratulations on the average review score of 79! It seems most reviewers are averaging it at an 8, which is fantastic. The odd one or two, such as GamesTM, complained it wasn't Mario Kart and gave it much lower scores (even though Mario Kart Wii only got a 6/10 from them, so it didn't do too much worse.) =X I'm happy this game is getting as much good press as it is, all of the people in the Joystiq comments are posting 'OMG WHUT, how is this possible?!' I'm glad their initial 'hur hur, Mario Kart clone with Sonic' thoughts were proved wrong with good reviews. =P

I'll be finally getting my version tomorrow, can't wait. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah it's *similar* to Mario Kart but the core gameplay mechanics are SO much more simple and refined. The drift is perfect, absolutly perfect, it's lovely and smooth unlike the loose more rigid drift of Mario Kart.

The ASMs are fun at first, but ultimately they're all just the Bullet Bill from Mario Kart, which is cool, after being pummelled with items you need a quick way to get back in the pack.

I would have liked a bigger music selection with maybe a few remixes here and there but hey, it's Sumo's first shot at an All Star racing game, I can forgive them for that.

Although a Music DLC pack would be an awesome extra alongside actual DLC, I'd pay for it.

I might as well leave my DLC wishlist for S0L. ;)

Vectorman AS THE CAR.

Segata Sanshiro driving a SEGA Saturn

Ristar in....something.

ToeJam & Earl

Hornet car from Daytona

Blaze or Axel from Streets of Rage in a cop car

Clarissa from OutRun and Richard Jacques driving a Ferrari

Bayonetta

I finally got it, would have had it this morning if it weren't for how late the mail room opens at school. So far the game feels pretty easy even on expert difficulty so I hope the challenge goes up on later tracks.

I think what would be fun for a Streets of Rage car would be Blaze driving the car from the police backup special move, then the ASM is Axel appears in the backseat and shoots a bazooka at apponents.

I just bought the Bonanza Bros.! Totally awesome All-Star Move!

here's what happens:

Mobo (he's the red one, right?) drives while Robo (he's the blue one, right?) hops into the airship and flies to the head of the pack. The camera switches to an ariel view looking back on the race with Robo dropping bombs on the other players. Move Robo about the deck of the airship with the stick and throw bombs with the A button.

:D Very unlike other ASMs with act more as a boost.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I just bought the Bonanza Bros.! Totally awesome All-Star Move!

here's what happens:

Mobo (he's the red one, right?) drives while Robo (he's the blue one, right?) hops into the airship and flies to the head of the pack. The camera switches to an ariel view looking back on the race with Robo dropping bombs on the other players. Move Robo about the deck of the airship with the stick and throw bombs with the A button.

:D Very unlike other ASMs with act more as a boost.

Thats awesome! =D cant wait to see that in action! =3 can somebody tell me what happens in Opa-Opas ASM?

I won't be getting this for a few weeks....

and I'm dissapointed with the Character roster.... No NiGHTs? Reala? WHY!?

And where are the Vectorman, Ecco, and Ristar cameos!? >.<

But, BD Joe got in, so I guess that's something. XD (CRAZY TAXI FTW!!!)

And that news of Banjo & Kazooie being in the 360 version... damnit, I'm back to square one...

*I can't decide between Wii and 360*

Wii has a charm to it, and the controls sound like a lot of fun... but then the 360 always gets the superior versions of games >.>

since all I have are the DS and PC, that kinda limits me, don't it? XD (but... Steam DL only? frick. >.> *dail-up*)

so yeah... DS version for me!

Edited by Baking Blue Potatoe
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I finally got it, would have had it this morning if it weren't for how late the mail room opens at school. So far the game feels pretty easy even on expert difficulty so I hope the challenge goes up on later tracks.

Well, I guess that means you're way better than me. Yoshi Unity invited me to a friend race with expert AI on and I got raped by rubber-banding. XD

Though catch up mode wasn't on. I think Grand Prix has that on against the AI by default, because they DO seem easier in GP than Single Race.

I don't know what people were on about when they said online would never fill up. I've played at least 20 races and they all had 8 spots filled. Nice to the community isn't that fickle (well at least on PS3).

ANd I'm quite surprised at how smooth things run online. A bit of framerate dropping during frantic or crowded moments, but it never chugs.

Also, obligatory Ristar, TJ&E, and Vectorman request.

Go on then, I'm not wading through 8 pages for questions to answer :P

Generally, happy or unhappy?

And yes, we did purposefully lock out the All-Star Moves in Online play - you try making all those non-deterministic moves work with network latency. Trust me the alternative was worse!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been wondering by watching the ghosts, which I assume are the staff ones in the top spot...How in god's name are they jumping over the lagoons in whale lagoon? I can't do it for the life of me, even if I follow the ghost. XD

Go on then, I'm not wading through 8 pages for questions to answer :P

And yes, we did purposefully lock out the All-Star Moves in Online play - you try making all those non-deterministic moves work with network latency. Trust me the alternative was worse!

---

S0L

---

Thank you for clearly that up, but I have a question. I delved a bit earlier and been hearing some people say they saw an all-star move or two online on the Wii version, others say they've never seen one, but only the Wii version I have heard this in. I have even seen a demonstration once when watching a stream... Is that a like a bug or only for wii or what? I haven't seen it anywhere else besides one instance on a stream, and more so the reports are minimal, but a bit confused?

I've been wondering by watching the ghosts, which I assume are the staff ones in the top spot...How in god's name are they jumping over the lagoons in whale lagoon? I can't do it for the life of me, even if I follow the ghost. XD

Take the left path from the starting line. At the end, turn left SHARPLY (i.e. be drifting and change your drift direction) onto a small white ridge in the corner of the two lagoons, and you should sail over the second lagoon. You can pull off one or two mid-air tricks to get boost when you land. However, not all characters (in my experience) can do this - it's only the lighter ones, like the bike users and some of the car guys, who can do it reliably.

Edited by CNash

I'm happy! I'm very interested to see what to expect for DLC. :D

Speaking hypothetically of course:

Would it be more cost and time effective for Sumo to release one BIG pack after a comfortable amount of dev time (6-8 months maybe?) or to release smaller single bits of DLC sooner like one racer or one track?

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I'll find out eventually. :D Thought I was gonna get the Wii version on Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) since I'm in Canada and such...>_< Funny how the other 3 versions are there. Lol.

It may be "coming out tomorrow" at EB Games. (I was told this same sentence 3 days in a row...might as well be in the UK xD)

I say this because I was #1 in several tracks in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity for a while after its release before people started doin' them crazy glitch moves. o_O

Let's see if this game gets the same treatment. :3

S0L, will you ever show us some concept art of stuff that hasn't made it in the game?

Im very happy with the gameplay. Only minor complaint I have is that there isnt much variety in course themes. Im hoping for more courses through DLC. Ristar would be awesome too

Edited by Jaouad

The demos for the DS and 360 version were aces. Prolly getting 360 for some mutliplayer fun : D

I'll be honest its refreshing seeing a Sonic game for a change thats getting consistently positive scores across the board. There seem to be a lot of people interested in it too (not just the Sonic and Sega Faithful) ho

hows the unlockables guys? I hope the sega miles collecting will keep me going for a bit~

Holy fucking lmao at Shadow's Profile

Species: Hedgehog

xD

Edit: S0L the game is fantastic, I was skeptical at first but I'd even go so far as to call this an MK beater, and I'm not even ass licking when I say that.

A few minor complaints here and there but hey, I'm looking forward to the sequel xD

Unless of course we end up with Sonic and SEGA AllSuperstars Bowling/Swimming/Football/Rugby/Boxing/Drunken Stag Due/Fishing/Basketball/Ice Skating/Tennis

Very happy. You guys did an excellent job on this game and should be proud of yourselves :D. I hope the next SEGA All-Stars/Superstars game is this great (assuming there is one, which there should be).