Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Honestly, I feel that if we DO get a DLC Sonic character, the first one should be Rouge. Rouge deserves a little more love, and hey, she's already got a vehicle!

Silver and Blaze... if either one of them appears, they'd probably both appear. There's only one game I know of save for the Rush/Rivals games where one appeared and not the other, and that's Mario and Sonic. And even then, Silver's in the game code. They pretty much go hand-in-hand in spinoff games, despite only having one two games where they were together plot-wise (the other being the non-canonical Mario and Sonic Winter). So yes, if Blaze is in, I bet Silver's in. Same visa-versa. However, I don't think either of them will be.

I still say... if we're going to have characters prioritized, the first ones in would probably be Metal Sonic and Rouge. That is, if we're getting DLC Sonic characters (and I'd be surprised if we don't have at least one).

You play as Sonic on the first Seaside Hill level, and it basically teaches you how to play the game. It's nothing big, but it is a good first look into the awesome game your about to play.

Plus you get 15G for completing it! (Rolling Start!)

Nice to see you chaps don't care about anything, but I gotta say, the lack of All Star moves online is a MAJOR bonerkill. ESPECIALLY since some of you like to snake your way through the whole damn track.

It's a damn shame that there are several achievements for going online too, else I'd be motivated to never go.

Also, if this is the time to talk about characters for DLC and/or the next game, let me just say

RISTAR AND METAL SONIC PLZ

And for the love of Primus, take Shadow OUT.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I feel that if we DO get a DLC Sonic character, the first one should be Rouge. Rouge deserves a little more love, and hey, she's already got a vehicle!

Silver and Blaze... if either one of them appears, they'd probably both appear. There's only one game I know of save for the Rush/Rivals games where one appeared and not the other, and that's Mario and Sonic. And even then, Silver's in the game code. They pretty much go hand-in-hand in spinoff games, despite only having one two games where they were together plot-wise (the other being the non-canonical Mario and Sonic Winter). So yes, if Blaze is in, I bet Silver's in. Same visa-versa. However, I don't think either of them will be.

I still say... if we're going to have characters prioritized, the first ones in would probably be Metal Sonic and Rouge. That is, if we're getting DLC Sonic characters (and I'd be surprised if we don't have at least one).

Ahaaha, I said pretty much the EXACT same thing a few pages back, Rouge and or Metal Sonic really should take priority over Blaze and Silver. Also Metal Sonic driving Motobug thankyouplease.

Got my email from GAME this morning saying my order has been dispatched, I have a day off college tomorrow as well so I hopehopehope it turns up.

I'd love to see Rouge as DLC. I love her looks and attitude and as has already been said she already has a vehicle so there'd be almost half the work done design-wise.

She'd be a better choice than Blaze as the Blaze from Streets Of Rage is the one who needs to be in!

Edited by Clisp

Nice to see you chaps don't care about anything, but I gotta say, the lack of All Star moves online is a MAJOR bonerkill. ESPECIALLY since some of you like to snake your way through the whole damn track.

If someone Snakes/Drifts trough the track well with skill to gain distance someone shouldn't just grab a Item that makes them Catch up/Attack them and make them lose position.

No skill needed to do that.

Edited by Veritech Guardian

I wonder if the Sony document will come true about the PS3 getting exclusive DLC, the Xbox 360 version used to say on the games site it would be getting exclusive DLC too. So I think we're going to be seeing both versions get DLC characters the other one wont get.

Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy. T-T I ordered two day shipping so I will hopefully have it by friday.

God, I really want to play this game! D:

I apologize that you actually have to learn to drift in order to win. Hahaha.

RISTAR AND METAL SONIC PLZ

And for the love of Primus, take Shadow OUT.

Why in the world should we take out one shitty hedgehog rival in order to put in another (even shittier) hedgehog rival?

I finally decided to take a brake from this game. :P I've played a lot online and offline, and I had a blast! Yeah, it kind of sucks that there was no All-Star moves online, but it really didn't matter to me that much. :) It was still insanely competitive!

As far as the characters that I'm comfortable with. I'm cool with Knuckles, Amigo and Bonanza Bros. I'm trying my best to adjust to Beat and B.D. Joe, but it is taking some serious effort for me to do it. On some of the more difficult courses, the Super Monkey Ball courses a freaking insane BTW, I always seem to get caught on a corner with them. Trying to fix that.

As for my internet experience, there was a Tails player, a Shadow player, Billy Player and Alex Kidd player that were very good. Hell, there were plenty moments when I had to hope for a missile just to catch up to the Tails player! I won a few and earn a hefty amount of S's with Bonanza Bros. and Amigo.(Knuckles was always taken.:() Plus the voice chat is a nice feature as well.

Also, for everyone that's used to holding the acceleration while drifting. There are turns in some of the later courses to where you have to let go of it in order to make them. So be prepared for that.

Edited by Celtic O'YoshiUnity

Sounds cool, how does choosing a character online work then? I know its first come first served but does it show a screen which shows who's picked who?

Sounds cool, how does choosing a character online work then? I know its first come first served but does it show a screen which shows who's picked who?

The only version I played was "joining a game". Before you enter the lobby, you're given the option to join it or skip it. It's your basic online lobby. As soon as you join, you're given the option to choose who you want. (Don't snooze, or someone will swipe it like that!) If a race is going on, you have to wait for the next one.

The character selection screen doesn't look all that fancy, just a small screen that pops up with the characters and selection arrows. Every character that's labeled with a slanted circle is taken. Also, you can see who's using who in the menu. (So you can probably cuss them out.:P)

Also, the host chooses the courses. It's pretty basic online. Plus you can chat in the lobby and during the race. And you play the characters you choose for as long as you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's a pretty good thought out choice not to include the all star moves in online. It makes things more fair and only dependant on your skills.

I also would like to mention, if this wasn't discussed earlier, that I finally saw the commercial on T.V. It focused on all version and had a Nascar theme.

I think it's a pretty good thought out choice not to include the all star moves in online. It makes things more fair and only dependant on your skills.

Hold on now, there's no All-Star moves online? Does this apply to every version? If so, then what was the point of them in the first place?

Edited by Shockhog

Hold on now, there's no All-Star moves online? Does this apply to every version? If so, then what was the point of them in the first place?

To use them Offline....?

I also would like to mention, if this wasn't discussed earlier, that I finally saw the commercial on T.V. It focused on all version and had a Nascar theme.

Thanks for the online info, someone mentioned the TV ad running in the UK at SEGA Forums the other day but I've yet to see it. They said its Xbox 360 version only though :-/ Hopefully someone will upload 'em to YouTube soon, I love cimparing TV ad's across different regions as they're normally very different.

Don't really see why people are expecting Rouge, or is it just wishful thinking? Either way, she's a pretty bad character that Sega have ignoring for quite some time. Even Sonic Team knows better than to use her. It would be a fail of epic proportions if Sumo picked her or Silver.

Besides it's not like we need her assest with Ulala around.

As said before, I hope they focus on getting the more rare, fan requested characters in as DLC. But if Sega makes a character be from the Sonic franchise they had better pick one that isn't stomach turning. Blaze and Metal Sonic are the only ones for the job.

And back to the game I go. All I can say is it's a blast, and Sandy Drifts is evil.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't S0L already gave us the answers as to why VectorTHEMan and Ristar couln't be in the game?

I don't know if he said that as "we coulnd make them as default or unlockable characters" but if we can get them as DLC that would be cool.

Also we could have a playable NiGHTS and replace the NiGHTS flagman by Cream, Charmy or Reala....

Anyway, this game is Epic win.

EDIT: Screw Cream, Charmy and Reala (not really) as Flagman... Put Nack in their place and there's gonna be even more win for this game.

Edited by Unholy Sønic

To use them Offline....?

Well of course, but you would think that one of the main features that differentiates this game from Mario Kart (gameplay-wise) should be usable online, would you? Maybe that's just me...

the Super Monkey Ball courses a freaking insane BTW, prepared for that.

No kidding, I've never seen so many 90 degree turns in my life! Not to mention the final stretch in the Monkey Target Stage, ugh I've lost my position so many times on that portion alone!

I still need to hop on-line and see how I do against other players (although I have a suspicion that it might not go too well :P).

No kidding, I've never seen so many 90 degree turns in my life! Not to mention the final stretch in the Monkey Target Stage, ugh I've lost my position so many times on that portion alone!

I still need to hop on-line and see how I do against other players (although I have a suspicion that it might not go too well :P).

Tap the gas (or even let go of it for a bit) during a drift to make tighter turns. Trust me it works wonders.