Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

^ Actually, before finding out Big was in, we already had the entire Sonic cast from Sega Superstars Tennis. Big is the only character revealed thus far (and yes, he's most definitely Big; our oh-so [not] lovable cat from the Sonic series) who was -not- playable in Sega Superstars Tennis. AKA, it didn't guarantee Knuckles was in. With Big confirmed... it pretty much guarantees that Knuckles is in. And mostlikely Blaze and Silver, two, plus the chance of Metal Sonic (MS was the only one who -wasn't- a ref in the Green Hill Zone stage, but he did appear in Scrap Brain Zone.

I love Sonic a lot but this is a bit too much, we need some more SEGA characters. Praying for Sakura Shinguji's appearance.

Shadow on the motorcycle from ShtH!? YES! YES!

Shads on a bike, should have seen that coming.

Still hope Knuckles is playable. Or at the very least, Ryo from Shenmue on a forklift. ;)

^ Once again, this game is quite likely going to have a much larger cast. We haven't seen many other Sega characters yet, but don't count them out just yet. We're definitely going to have at least the cast from Sega Superstars Tennis, plus more. Heck, Big was probably a leak; he's clearly in the background away from the attention; the snapshot wasn't concentrated on him, and one who didn't know any better couldn't tell who the hell he is, but of course it clearly is him. The other five Sonic characters were clearly revealed on purpose, and are focused on; Big is not, so they may not have intending on showing him off yet.

EDIT: I can't tell if that's the ShtH bike or not. It could be...

Heh, now I want to see Rouge with her car from SA2. That'd make my day. I like adding a little nostalgia into the mix with things like that. Tails already has his Tornado, and Amy's car somewhat resembles her original car from Sonic R, though updated a bit. I don't know if its the same or not, but its kinda similar.

Of course, the biggest nostalgic moment would be seeing Fang come riding in on the Marvelous Queen.

Edited by UltimaHedgie

OMG BIG !!

Excellent!

EDIT: Oh, I see! Is that a motorbike?!! That alone makes him my number 1 choice when I get this game. Shadow ain't got NOTHING on Big's sweet ride! B)

Auto-buy for me. Sega has done it again. :rolleyes:

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing9.png

That's definitely the bike from ShTH. I can tell.

Edited by Pidgeot

YES, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Automatic buy for me. The fact that this is coming out for the PC is already making me giddy. It's about time Big showed up again; my anticipation for this game has multiplied tenfold already.

And boo to the naysayers. Big needs love, damn it. :(

Edited by Jakeevee

I don't give a crap about Big. I just want to see Rouge pop up again. And Shadow's bike is badass. Total win. ^^

Am looking forward to see some more of the characters, and also the courses. That's really got me interested.

I'm a little disappointed to see Shadow before Knuckles, but I suppose that as long as Knuckles ends up in (which he must be, right?), it does't matter what order they're showcased in.

Amy's car is ugly :( Does she really need her name on it?

Amy's car is ugly :( Does she really need her name on it?

Twice, even. Think it might be Amy's car? ;)

I can't see what Big's riding, but it seems green so I'm assuming it's based on Froggy. And I wonder what Knuckle's car will look like. I'm guessing it's going to look like the Master Emerald.

Edited by Mantyke

I can't see what Big's riding, but it seems green so I'm assuming it's based on Froggy. And I wonder what Knuckle's car will look like. I'm guessing it's going to look like the Master Emerald.

Or a giant white-spiked boxing glove :lol: .

I kinda want to see Knuckles in that red hovercar from Sonic X's pilot, actually.

I wonder if the game will allow you to earn and play in new and different mobiles like in Mario Kart Wii or Sonic Riders?

Robotnik on Wario Bike FTW. :lol:

O_o

Shadow's awesome, but...wow...how'd HE get in there?!

2duxa42.jpg

I can say without a doubt it's him. But is that really a bad thing? I'm not a big fan of him, but it's not that horrible.

Edited by Jetronic

It's horrible because all the character slots are being taken up by Sonic characters.

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing1.png

Behind Sonic, next to Robotnik.

Ya know, this picture really makes me miss Amy's classic design.

Shadow is probably using the same powerup Sonic uses during the CG trailer.

Seeing way too many Sonic characters. You can include about four till you end up with a selection that nobody isn't going to have issues with.

Edit: If they were going to include Big, I'd rather he be a weapon, Something like this: You throw Froggy at someone, then Big comes out of nowhere. He sits on the side of your car talking slowly about amazingly boring things and slows your car down. You have to swerve left and right to throw him off.

Edited by Phos

I wouldn't worry about too many Sonic characters just yet. They've got a lot less work to do per character than they did in, oh say, Superstars Tennis, so it's quite possible the overall roster may be far bigger than we imagine. But we can't be certain of that, I guess. Time will tell.

Edited by Loudred

I have no complaints about the number of Sonic characters.

Brawl had more Mario characters (Or characters from Mario spinoff series) than any other franchise, equaling to 7 total:

- Mario

- Luigi

- Peach

- Bowser

- Wario

- Donkey Kong

- Diddy Kong

Sonic is Sega's flagship franchise. Of course it gets more representation than other series.