Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

One more Sonic character? I'm sure it must be Knuckles. It has to be. If it isn't, then bad things will happen. And by that I mean rabbid Knuckles fan like myself will go crazy. Big being in is a great plus though, not to mention it will be his first post-old VA game with voices.

Watching the video it looks fun but I am skeptical on how well it would be. Sega hasn't had much sucsess with the Sonic racing games, and my opionoin none of them are that great. But if the reviews are good I will buy it (PC FTW!). :)

Seeing Big get in gets my hopes up that Knuckles will appear.

And while it's likely a pipe dream, I wouldn't mind seeing Blaze as well.^_^

If it's not Knuckles, someone will have me to answer to. ::Huffs up chest all intimidating and manly-like:: HOO-ARRRR!

It's hard to tell because the guy who was playing kept making mistakes, but it does look kind of solid so far. I like how Big kept overlapping Sonic, though does that mean there's some kind of rubber band A.I. in this game?

(posted in wrong topic)

Lemme try again

I watched the video.

Hmm. The car looks like it's control is a little unstable but other than that, it actually looks like

it could be a FAIRLY DECENT NEW SONIC GAME!

default.jpg

YES

Wouldn't be the first time.

150px-SonicAnime-middle.jpg

Also why is Sonic dancing on his car and crotch grabbing so much?

I could NOT stop laughing at that. that was SO effing funny!

I guess he's trying to be the NEW Michael Jackson.

HAS ANYONE FOUND OUT WHO'S DOING THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS ONE?

Edited by Stuart Twentythree

It's Sumo Digital, they are the racing game gods, stop doubting it.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

I have a feeling during most of that video the player was driving slow on purpose, just so he wouldn't fall off the rather treacherous looking stage - he seemed to be having enough trouble just driving a straight line after all.

It looks nice though, I just hope we can get a video with actual intelligible sound soon enough, since I'm quite looking forward to hearing the music and whatever banter the characters will throw at eachother to go with those gestures.

Big's little bike/moped thing is awesome. You can barely see it!

Edited by Tombi

Good Lord, first we've got Super Sonic giving us the finger, and now we have Sonic grabbing at his non-existant hedgehog testacles. Seems like our spikey fellow's going to be a bit more raunchy this time around. =P

Love the video and how the game looks. People say it's annoying at Sonic doing things while in his car, but I think it's genius! Sonic is the type of person not to just sit in his car and concentrate on winning, I think it's perfect for his attitude and personality.

I think it's Sonic's attitude on display the most it's EVER been in the game series :D

Lol at Big on a mini scooter. Perfect for him.

Looking forward to this game already!

Also, I hope Super Sonic isn't automatic forward :P I'm gonna want to fly around with him a few times and forget about the race

Edited by ENVY16

Sweet, new footage. I know there's gonna be another gameplay video somewhere, so I'll wait for that one. This player was driving straight into corners and I wanted to yell at him. I'm just gonna assume this guy doesn't know the controls.

I really like the look of the game. While I'm not too familiar with Billy Hatcher, it felt like a good track environment. I hope to see some diversity in track design as well as location. The bridge and eggs were obviously features of this track only, but maybe there were too many curves in that track. I hope that's just the "curvy" level track. Kind of reminds me of Yoshi Valley, the one with the skinny paths and eggs from Mario 64. Which is the last Mario Kart game I ever owned.

I don't think the number of Sega or Sonic characters matter in the end. More racers is good, but I don't think people will fuss much if Sonic takes up a large chunk of the roster. It's right in the title after all, and I was kind of expecting it. What I'm very worried about is the number of tracks. All Sonic racing games have a short lifespan because they've had something like eight or even four tracks.

Also. The special move comes out of the capsules? That's not good, it's random? Sonic's icon showed x7 emeralds, and then he kicks into Super Sonic. Too much killer random advantage isn't good. I was thinking you'd build up to your special.

Did seem a little too slow for my liking as well. Hopefully that's another case of bad player.

Edited by Weedle

Thats pretty cool news about Shadow and Big, at least Shadow doesn't look funny in a vehicle like Sonic does, though I guess we're used to Shadow doing that stuff. Knuckles better show up now! But I am happy for Big, the more Sonic characters the better.

I still don't get why people are so against Sonic characters being in this game. Its SEGA, Sonic is SEGA's mascot, their iconic character, plus the game is called Sonic & SEGA All-stars racing, its only natural to wanna put alot of Sonic in there.

Its a racing game, besides a few tweaks the characters only really differ in character models, so there should hopefully be a large roster of characters, and I'm hoping we see alot more Sonic to come.

If that was the case though they may as well have called the game Sonic Racing and had a few SEGA characters as extras. Still I'm glad theres only one more Sonic character to go and I hope to god its Knuckles, it'd be even more awesome if his vehicle looked something like his unlockable SA2 kart, that thing was freaking epic. As for Shadow's STH06 bike, thats pretty cool, its more stylish than his ShTH one, though I bloody hope it doesn't control like the STH06 one D=. It looks like Big is just there for comic relief, though I'd rather they used Eggman for that =/

If it's not Knuckles, someone will have me to answer to. ::Huffs up chest all intimidating and manly-like:: HOO-ARRRR!

Razor sharp chest hairs! :lol:

To those of you complaing about Sonic's crazy animations:

The animation will change - but I suspect what's happening is the guy is tapping the 'Taunt' button - which triggers the characters taunting each other. It's not usually that active :)

---

S0L

---

http://www.seganerdsforums.com/viewtopic.p...5&start=165

Too bad, because I actually really liked how Sonic was constantly jumping around and stuff.

Ooh... You can taunt? Sweet...

And yeah, the final character mostlikely is Knuckles. I'm betting that a bunch of other Sonic characters will still cameo in other ways, though, like what happened in Sega Superstars Tennis.

But seriously... how'd Big get in as a playable before other characters? I'm just... stumped... Well, I guess some people will enjoy him. I quite like the cast thus far ('cept Big)... though it still would be nice to see Rouge in her SA2 car. Badass. (Shadow's already badass enough with his bike coming back. ^^)

Too bad, because I actually really liked how Sonic was constantly jumping around and stuff.

D:

SO no more crotch grabbing? No more flipping people off? No jumping out of cars and taunting people? :(

Also is the game gonna be faster in the final version as well? it looks fun, but it also looks painfully slow, even while boosting :(

Awww come on! Why do that? The characters in SEGA Superstar Tennis were less than enthusiastic most of the time, and they all seemed to down a bottle of Valium before the match.

I hoped they kept Robotnik's "kiss my ass" taunt from the Riders games. That was epic.

I'm not looking forward to this game. Ok, cool, it's a racing game with SEGA characters. Buuut..

A CGI intro. Oh it's great, but it doesn't give me any idea what it's gonna be like right?

Knuckles will not be in it! He wasn't in Superstars Tennis so he won't be in this game either no matter what. That immediately doesn't make me interested in it either.

And, where's my gameplay screenshots? Without them, I'm just not interested whatsoever. Trust me, once this is released it will be a dissapointment. Just like Superstars Tennis. =/

That's nice and everything but Superstars Tennis was overly good. And just because your favourite character isn't in it doesn't mean anyone cares more. My favourite character is in it... Sonic.. Remember him?

Last Sonic character is definitely Knuckles due to all of the death threats Knuckles fanboys sent Sumo (and apparently are still sending them judging by a few posts here) after what happened in Superstar Tennis. They did say they listened to feedback from that game and want to make people happier here (and yet they made Big playable...figure that one out).

Lol, that means they already revealed all the Sonic characters less than a week after the game is announced. Sumo must have just said "let's get those bastards out of the way and leave the more shocking characters a secret" (Vectorman as car and Ryo in forklift DAMMIT!!!).

Footage looks great, I love the way Sonic taunts his opponents (don't mess with them Sumo!). But I do hope that you can turn items off. That's Mario Kart's biggest problem (next to being slow) and Super Sonic already looks like Bullet Bill from DS. And it wouldn't surprise me if another character's special is the equivalent of the infamous Blue Shell.

That Billy Hatcher level looks sweet, but it's pretty predictable. I want to see the surprises already. :(

Looks fun and charming, but I hope you can turn off that voice over guy, quite annoying. Otherwise, looking great, I'll probably pick this up. Doesn't look anywhere near as frustrating or un-fair as Mario Kart Wii.

^ Yeah, the voice over guy is pretty distracting and unnecessary. The game looks fine so far.

(watched the other vid)

seems

they recycled the old Sonic Heroes music.

Smart move.

I stand by what I said about the cars looking hard to control though.

But it's looking better.

BTW Sonic's car looks badass.

Edited by Stuart Twentythree