Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Shadi is right about the name:

http://www.seganerdsforums.com/viewtopic.p...=a&start=60

And he also said it'll play like OutRun!

Remember he technically did the music for Tennis and all he composed was a main theme. The rest was just reworking old SEGA tracks into surround sound.

I really hope the soundtrack is actually remixes this time instead of just reusing existing tunes.

What about the Space Harrier remix he did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUCdasgBFdI

As for the Hedgehog Engine, this game is totally NOT using it. The graphics look pretty good, but Unleashed looked MUCH better in terms of lighting and shadowing.

The graphics might not be looking all that great because the game will probably run at 60 FPS... just got that idea and it makes perfect sense XD all racing games need to be 60 FPS.

Of course, SA2's racing bit was shit, completely awful, so let's hope that's the only comparison that can be drawn.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be broken like that was. Shadow's unlockable car was basically unstoppable, no other character even had a chance of winning when pitted head-to-head against Shad. <_<

Holy... Haven't been at a computer for more than 24 hours. Awesome. I love being surprised by a new game announcement. That CG makes it look nice but you know how Sega puts that impressive stuff out first, and CG is their strong suit. I'll wait to see gameplay videos before I make a call. I really hope it's nothing too ordinary, because Sonic's spinoffs have never impressed me much. Okay, well it's a Sega game - but I'm still counting it as Sonic. But I'll be very let down if something sloppy follows this awesome announcement trailer. Those visuals also made me think of the Hedgehog Engine, but a lot of you are saying no to that. I don't know enough about it myself.

And that giant Eggman buggy-truck is the best thing I've seen him ride in a while. :D

By the way, if we can really go into the air off curved tracks like Sonic does in the trailer and like I've always wanted to do in a 3D Sonic, this game is a must buy for me. I also suspect Tails' vehicle has limited flight capabilities, like the ability to glide off ramps.

Edited by Badnikz

This looks pretty awesome... since it's multi-format, I wonder if the Wii and DS versions will have totally different tracks and such a lá Unleashed or if they'll be faithful ports thanks to being handled by (presumebly) the same team.

I just hope for lots of tracks for each series. Obviously Sonic will get the most but... that's actually no problem with me, lol.

EDIT: Lol, I forgot I posted earlier... this post seems really weird now. I wrote it as if I hadn't replied yet coz I was bored and thought "might as well post my opinion". Anyway...

Edited by JezMM

Hey guys, here's something to consider. We know Pete Capella hinted at a game and we all assume its this right? It doesn't make it that Silver's a character in it does it? I mean maybe he could be the flag waving guy at the start who yells " Ready! Set! Go!" and "Finish!" for Sonic's track!

This looks pretty awesome... since it's multi-format, I wonder if the Wii and DS versions will have totally different tracks and such a lá Unleashed or if they'll be faithful ports thanks to being handled by (presumebly) the same team.

I'm gonna take a wild swing at the topic and say all the versions will be mostly the same (save for the DS) with a few extra gimmik's or two thrown at the Wii variant.

At least that is what I am kinda hoping. It would put a dent in my wallet if I had to spring for extra copies due to system exclusive characters/tracks/bonus.

I'd assume that it would be the same thing, minus the hi-def graphics and achievements/trophies. Also, if the game can be played online, online play would be harder to integrate in the Wii version, if it is at all..

OvErLoRd, online play is confirmed for the Wii version.

OvErLoRd, online play is confirmed for the Wii version.

It won't work as well, there will be lag, and people internet wide will be screaming at eachother about friend codes.

It won't work as well, there will be lag, and people internet wide will be screaming at eachother about friend codes.

Well, at least it's there, so the reviewers won't complain like last time. Some marked the Wii version of SST down for not having online play and blamed SUMO for being "lazy", even though it's like impossible to put decent online in Wii games.

I hope the DS version will have online play too. If the DS version wants to stand a chance against Mario Kart DS it will need online play.

Well, if SEGA can make the online like Mario Kart's, they've got a chance to succeed. But every other Wii game has had really bad online, so I'm not very hopeful.

The game is being developed for 5 platforms, the last thing Sumo Digital has time to do is messing with the Wii's online function until it works flawlessly, that's Nintendo's problem for not having a good online platform.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

Well, if SEGA can make the online like Mario Kart's, they've got a chance to succeed. But every other Wii game has had really bad online, so I'm not very hopeful.

I found PBR to have no lag.

The only time I've ever had lag on any Wii online game is when my internet was being slow anyway for some reason or another. Wii's online service is pretty damn fine considering it's free. Even if I end up owning more than one version, I'll only be playing the Wii one online.

Online is mostly game-dependant, besides Brawl, Wii online is perfectly fine. Friend codes? Eh, don't mind.

You should check out Excitebots.

Speaking of which... As cool as that trailer was, this game ain't gonna top Excitebots by a country mile, that game is one of the most crazy awesome things ever.

Edited by Soma Cruz

No one cares about excitebots, it flopped.

SEGA & Sumo = Masters of Arcade type games

Edited by ShadikatRawr

No one cares about excitebots, it flopped.

That matters, how? Okami and God Hand never sold well either despite being fantastic games. Sales are no indication of quality. The original supposedly didn't sell, but SOMEONE obviously cared, because Excitebots exists. Also, Wii games have long legs.

Edited by Soma Cruz

This game will be like outrun, it doesn't need lame gimmicks like SUPER RED BAR!! to be fun.