Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I take it you don't understand how ports work. For Sumo to do seamless ports of Outrun, they need to be familiar with the coding of the entire game and be able to fit it to the capabilities and workings of the system. Do you know what happens when someone doesn't port properly? They may not have developed the game itself, but they had to convert it by going just as deep into the game as Sega AM2 did. They may even know it's programing better considering they've reworked it as well as 2SP.

In the old days, when games were written in ASM and nothing used the same type of processor, that was the case. The only difference between the arcade board that Outrun 2 was running on and the Xbox was 448 MB of RAM, and 2SP is another port.

But the point is, aside from the missions, they didn't come up with any of the gameplay in Outrun. They can program a good game, but they have yet to show that they can design a good game.

s21911_gc_9.jpg

Billy Hatcher approved! Darn how I love that kid... I seriously go out of my way to purchase anything Billy is in to make SEGA realize a Billy Hatcher 2 is a wonderful idea, one of the greatest and underplayed platformers EVER.

Edited by Dusk Golem

I'm not sure what to think.

On one hand, it at least looks good and could be fun. However, after watching a couple videos, either it's just me, the people playing suck, or the controls are going to be bad. I'm really hoping it's not the latter.

So there you go, everyone can shut up, Sonic not only gets out of the car.. but he's Super Sonic in the process :P

*coughBulletBill*

Shadow on his bike is awesome and the game looks great, I hope that was the "easy / 50cc" mode, cus those cars can go way faster :D

All in all , looks great

.. too bad reviewers are gonna instantly slam it as a Mario Kart Wii clone... (which it is, same boosts, items, air stunts..)

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

.. too bad reviewers are gonna instantly slam it as a Mario Kart Wii clone... (which it is, same boosts, items, air stunts..)

IGN, gamespot.... Jix is talking to you.

After seeing a few vids of the game and how it looks, I can finally say that it may be worth a buy. Fo show a rental but I'm not sure about buying it YET.

It might have just been removed because TECHNICALLY it isn't being released on PC-DVD - it's download only.

Though I would have thought they'd leave "PC" on there without the DVD part... time will tell.

The footage looks pretty cool. I'll definately get this for Wii and 360 if there's notable differences, or just 360 otherwise.

Sweet. I was getting worried about the lack of items, but 20 items should be plenty! Over twenty characters too, that should stop peoples whinning, afterall they probably aren't counting unlockable characters in that, so I still have hopes for more than just one more Sonic charactet being announced.

Seaside Hill looks amazing, though I guess they're giving each track its own name as I saw it was called "forgotten falls", seems odd that they've added GreenHill badniks to this level, but it works very well for it :D. I'm still hopefull of some more classic Sonic levels, but am still happy that they chose a Sonic Heroes level and not some more realistic junk like Sonic Unleashed or something.

The only complaints I have is not seeing any shortcuts (me being a huge fan of Crash Team Racing and finding all those little hidden paths) but that point is kinda moot considering apparently each level will have them!

This is shaping up to be quite exciting for me, more classic Sonic additions and I'll be ecstatic!

Edited by The-Master-Board

shortcut.png

Shortcut right there. I assume SSH will be the first/easiest course so there'll only be a few of them. The path forked in a more obvious and cool way in the BH circuit.

shortcut.png

Shortcut right there. I assume SSH will be the first/easiest course so there'll only be a few of them. The path forked in a more obvious and cool way in the BH circuit.

Ah, nice. That one kinda looks like you'd need the boost item to actually make it! It'd be cool if they did their shortcuts like this; having a certain trick to be able to use some of them. CTR did this, like one level where you had to have a projectile weapon and shoot it at a "wall" which was really a stone door to a little passage...a shortcut passge :lol: A few levels with multiple shortcuts would be nice too.

Some other things I noticed: whats the deal with the items your enemies have collected showing up over their heads? If you know that the guy infront of you has a mine rather than a missle then your not going to drive directly behind them. I like the challenge of not knowing what your enemy has up their sleve :( Also when a character is behind you they tend to get in the way of your screen quite considerably. These are things I hope they fix up.

On a different topic, are those pirahna looking missiles badniks from Sonic? They kinda look like them but also don't, possibly a updated look for them perhaps?

Edited by The-Master-Board

Looks good, though I dislike racing games I'll inevitably get this for PlayStation 3 because, well, it's Sonic.

I wonder what the other characters do when they get the Chaos Emeralds? Think maybe it's just Sonic and Shadow who actually turn Super, while other characters just speed up and become invincible?

Seems to me, though, that this really should have just been called Sonic All-Stars Racing and be totally Sonic-based with a few additional SEGA characters unlockable (NiGHTS, Ai-Ai, Golden Axe guys maybe) just because it seems so Sonic-centric already (I have the same feelings about SEGA Superstars Tennis; it should've just been totally Sonic).

If this keeps up, maybe my pipe-dream of a Smash Brothers-esque fighting game based purely on Sonic/SEGA will come true soon! Seriously, just give the keys to HAL and make a spin-off Smash brothers with all-Sonic characters, people would buy it!

Well...I would...

Looks good, though I dislike racing games I'll inevitably get this for PlayStation 3 because, well, it's Sonic.

I wonder what the other characters do when they get the Chaos Emeralds? Think maybe it's just Sonic and Shadow who actually turn Super, while other characters just speed up and become invincible?

Seems to me, though, that this really should have just been called Sonic All-Stars Racing and be totally Sonic-based with a few additional SEGA characters unlockable (NiGHTS, Ai-Ai, Golden Axe guys maybe) just because it seems so Sonic-centric already (I have the same feelings about SEGA Superstars Tennis; it should've just been totally Sonic).

If this keeps up, maybe my pipe-dream of a Smash Brothers-esque fighting game based purely on Sonic/SEGA will come true soon! Seriously, just give the keys to HAL and make a spin-off Smash brothers with all-Sonic characters, people would buy it!

Well...I would...

Er... there's only one more Sonic character. Out of about twenty characters total.

Its simply the case that Sega decided to show nearly all the Sonic characters already, but the grand majority of the cast does NOT consist of Sonic characters. Only about 1/3 of the cast does. Though I do expect 1-2 more stages based on the Sonic series (we've already got two; one more is probably about right), that's still not a whole lot compared to the rest of the game, either, which will mostlikely have sixteen stages (four stages per grand prix mode, with four grand prixs in total) or perhaps even more. Not too Sonic-centered, is it?

Each character's All Star move is different and the icon for it varies depending on the character. Aiai's is a bunch of banana's and Amigo's is a pair of maracas.

Sonic Track: (Player AiAi) (With Sega Rep walk through) (BEST VID)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-sonic-sega/50587

Something interesting I noticed while watching this, at 2:20, when Sonic activates his All Star move, if you listen real closely, you can hear a part of the guitar solo from Open Your Heart playing.

More Gameplay footage, this time, Sonic in Seaside Hill

Edited by Pidgeot

The guy doing that demo is an idiot. He doesn't even know the product at all - for one, AiAi does not roll in a "marble" and also it is NOT unique - it's just the Bullet Bill from Mario Kart!

The guy doing that demo is an idiot. He doesn't even know the product at all - for one, AiAi does not roll in a "marble" and also it is NOT unique - it's just the Bullet Bill from Mario Kart!

Well he has to say somthing that sounds good so he won't make the game look bad and lose his job,lol.

Even though the game is mario kart I just like it becasue it's Sega insted of Mario(like most poeple that like this game).

So far it's looking better than Mario Kart because it doesn't have nearly as much rubberbanding as MK Wii does (or even the MK series as a whole).

So far it's looking better than Mario Kart because it doesn't have nearly as much rubberbanding as MK Wii does (or even the MK series as a whole).

Agreed, I'm excited for it because it's escentially Mario Kart Wii with all of it's problems fixed. Better graphics, (Most likely) superior online, more original characters (Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the Mario series, much more than Sonic, but Mario Kart Wii has so many filler characters and recolors it's ridiculous), and it just looks more fun to play. Mario Kart Wii had too many gimmicks in levels in my opinion.

Well he has to say somthing that sounds good so he won't make the game look bad and lose his job,lol.

I lost count of the amount of times he uttered 'Err' and 'Erm'. What the fuck is someone who can't pronounce half a sentence without lapsing into such verbal clumsiness doing in a job that requires any amount of narrative capability?

I don't really like comparing it to Mario Kart in a dismissive way. Mario Kart is really just a formula for "kiddy racers". If you ask me, This : Mario Kart :: Okami : LoZ. Whatever formula works works and frankly, it already feels more dynamic in many regards and a lot less cheap. But again it's still too early to judge.

Edited by Mantyke

Id laugh if the Chaos Emeralds would turn all Sonic characters Super even though it won't hapoen. Super Big & Super(Walrus) Eggman :P.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Well, this looks like an okay game so far, I will have to wait on more info.

Also, NiGHTS and maybe a few Burning Rangers characters should be playable. And I want a course inspired by Phantasy Star (Don't care if it's based off of the early games, Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Universe, or Phantasy Star Zero).

May be old (It's IGN's video), be here's a video that includes someone actually using the drift. Looks a bit more lively when they drift, but it does little to separate it from being a Mario Kart rip off. I say that not because I think less of this game for being unoriginal, but because I don't like Mario Kart.

I'm really hoping they replace the engine noises, the current ones are terrible.

Edited by Phos

It's looking really good from what I've seen in gameplay trailers. Not brilliant or anything, just good. Mario Kart rip-off? Ehhh, maybe. =P

They really need to get rid of that announcer though, or atleast have an option to switch him off. He annoys me. >_>

That's typical SEGA America PR, they never know what they are talking about, nor can they even play the games that good.