Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

So the Wii version may sell for about the same as the PS3 version.

Does this sound like a plot to make more profits off the HD version?

I never quite understood why Sony would bypass the opportunity to pedal their blu-ray disc's on all their videogames (perhaps its not their choice). Why would Sony let a game with Sonic in the tittle skip the manufacturing process?

Doesn't selling more games on blu-ray disc's = more money for Sony?

Well, depending on the severity of the pending price cut, this could certainly sway which console I will get the game for.

I never quite understood why Sony would bypass the opportunity to pedal their blu-ray disc's on all their videogames (perhaps its not their choice). Why would Sony let a game with Sonic in the tittle skip the manufacturing process?

Doesn't selling more games on blu-ray disc's = more money for Sony?

Increasing the numbers of download titles benefits them in other ways, like proving that full games that are disc-based on other consoles can be delivered exclusively by download on PS3/4/5, thereby making Phil Harrison's assertion that the PS4 might not even have a disc tray at all seem that much more prescient and realistic.

Of course, it might just be that it's more affordable for Sega to cut out the middle man.

DLC and putting the game as a full download has kept Burnout Paradise going strong for well over a year after the original release with no sign of slowing, and Warhawk has recieved similar sucess.... if the game has got amazingly easy trophies, you can bet that this will be a great best seller on the PSN... Although... they will lose A LOT of sales via gamesharing which is very strong indeed.

I just want to say with regards to the graphics discussion on the last two pages... even Unleashed 360 has tons of 2D scenery if you look for it (which I do, it's fun). Ever tried stopping after one of the intial two jungle areas on Adabat and walking down to the ocean? Some of the bushes are not only 2D, but very undetailed and floating in mid-air. There's a lot of fun 2D stuff to see if you pause lots during the Spagonia clock tower bit too. 75% of the city panorama is 2D.

It's probably something we won't notice in motion, and even if it is, racing games tend to need a good frame-rate over detailed envioronments.

Me... I don't care. I love cardboard cut-out scenery! It's retro! Unleashed was gorgeous on 360, but I loved the scaled down Wii envioronments too for their novelty...

Like I said I think the graphics look great. I've never understood why people are bothered by little things like 2D tree way off in the background. The more important thing to me would be the game never dropping in FPS. I can't stand FPS drops.

Edited by speedfreak

Like I said I think the graphics look great. I've never understood why people are bothered by little things like 2D tree way off in the background. The more important thing to me would be the game never dropping in FPS. I can't stand FPS drops.
You must really have hated Adabat then.

I'm glad ive only got one console (wii), so I dont have to worry about game choice.

As long as the game has:

a) good gameplay that becomes addictive..

B) Awesome remixes. (especially Super Sonic Racing)

then i'll be happy :)

Turns out the 360 version might be download only too, Microsoft recently revealed a service called Games on Demand, it's where you download XBOX 360 games

sce3c5.jpg

I hope not.

My 360 only has a 20GB Hard drive, and it's all I need usually, I don't want to have to fork out nearly £100 for a 120GB (I've only seen a 60GB to buy as a starter kit with a headset and other things...which i already have) Hard drive to fit it on my 360, AND the money for the game itself, just to be able to play.

I lol'd at the sight of 06 being on that list. This is a list for games people WANT. :P

BACK ON TOPIC: I hope it's not for download either. All I want is a physical game that I can hold. And won't having to download games mean needing more space on the 360 harddrive, based on what ENVY said?

I lol'd at the sight of 06 being on that list. This is a list for games people WANT. :P

BACK ON TOPIC: I hope it's not for download either. All I want is a physical game that I can hold. And won't having to download games mean needing more space on the 360 harddrive, based on what ENVY said?

I'm expecting some news of larger 360 hard drives at e3 because of this. MS will definitely have have to seriously drop the price of its proprietary hard drives for this to take off too. Sony might have a good advantage with its download service if they properly advertise how cheap and easy it is to replace the PS3 harddrive.

It DID make the platinum hits list...

And what are all these complaints about Sonic being in a car all about even if he can run faster? If the laws of logic and consistency are so important to these people, why did they get into a series about a blue, hominid hedgehog that runs at the speed of sound in the first place?

Edited by Mantyke

Eggman is playable? Awesome.

I love the Eggmobile Monster Truck already.

Hopefully Eggman's missiles in this game won't actually push forward characters this time around.

I'm interested in playing the PC version of this game.

Edited by Jakeevee

I want Dynamite Headdy to be playable.

Yes.

He can ride in Chuck Norris' beard hair.

What? No. :(

New screenshots from Sega's ftp.

And look, Shadow's there on a motorcycle.

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing1.png

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing3.jpg

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing5.png

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing7.png

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing9.png

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing10.png

Edited by Core

I knew Shadow would be in, and for some reason I knew he'd be on a motorcycle.

What game is the snow place from?

Edited by speedfreak

I knew Shadow would be in, and for some reason I knew he'd be on a motorcycle.

What game is the snow place from?

I'm guessing Billy Hatcher by the giant eggs everywhere...Never played it myself however so don't quote me on it.

WHY is Big playable?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!?

They're putting too many Sonic characters in!! They're taking up valuable slots!!

O_o

Shadow's awesome, but...wow...how'd HE get in there?!

Am I mistaken or what? I figured other Sonic characters would get in before him...

EDIT: I figured there'd be at least 7-8 Sonic characters, at least assuming I'm correct on the amount of total characters that will be appearing. I'm just thinking, though... how the hell did he make it in before someone like KNUCKLES?! Sure, some people like Big, okay, but he's still one of the most hated characters (close to Shadow), but he doesn't have nearly the fans that Shadow has, or other characters such as Knuckles, Blaze, Metal Sonic, etc. Then again, they might be planning on making some of the refs from the original playable... but still. Wow.

And FYI, I'm anticipating around 30 characters, so I'm not surprised they'll have about 8 Sonic characters. Didn't last time they have 5 Sonic characters for only 16 characters? Yeah...

Edited by UltimaHedgie

SonicSEGAAllStarsRacing1.png

And people called Sonic narcissistic for shaping his car after his head, Amy's literally plastered her name all over her car!

Is that really Big The Cat far away in the distance in that picture? He looks like he's lost weight, and I haven't the slightest clue what he's riding. No complaints here though, if this character roster is really as beefed out as it sounds; a few out of the norm Sonic characters won't hurt anyone.

I figure we'll get Big, Silver, Knuckles and probably one or two others. I do hope that there's still plenty of SEGA characters to go around, although I can understand wanting to get all the Sonic fans attracted to the game, you don't have to go overboard.

Edited by Tombi

Before I saw the eggs I knew it was Billy Hatcher- so that means he, and possibly Rolly, will be playable. Shadow, while obvious, looks great so now I can only hope for Knuckles. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase!

Also, notice those giant blocks sitting on the grass in Seaside Hill? Yeah, they're from Labyrinth. Cute throwback.

If Shadow is in, then surely Knuckles must be there somewhere too, right? Look, even Big is there! D: